SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

good job kelli on the smoking........dunno, maybe just me but a woman saying kill kill kill...is just...well...damn sexy

actually it would be funny if kelli gets a 'talking' bulldog alarm that says, 'kelli's gonna kill you, kelli's gonna kill you, bend over and kiss your a$$ goodbye.....'

hey for the bb gun packers out there, i'd advise to keep those bb guns out in the backyard. i wouldn't carry it out in you car as protection or out on the streets.

1. if a cop sees ya, he may blow you away because it looks real.
2. anyone else with a real gun will definitely blow you away if you pulled anything that 'resembles' a gun. self defense would be their plea.
I agree with Harry on the BB gun deal......That's why I pack the real thing

I hope I never need it.......but would hate to need it and not have it
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 08-22-2003, 02:05 PM

i still want the alarm that says

this vehicle will inplode in 5.......4............3.............2.............. ..1..boom...your dead you, F*oker for touching my car

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: amen brother

amen brother huck, what do you pack? i'd never thought you'd be one of those who packs. i think of my piece as the spare tire in the trunk. hope i'd never have to use it, but it's there when you need it .

i pack a nice itty bitty s&w .38 special with hollow points a bit of a change from my sig .45. damn sig was a monster and if it ever came out of the holster (thank god it hasn't), a big pool of urine would be at the end of that barrel. (and blood probably)
Old 08-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
my mini-heat packed away. like i said im not into using firearms of any sort. ill box a fool twice my size.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:32 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I am very diplomatic. I don't use my gun at all unless I am at a shooting range.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:47 PM
srmifer

i personally have taken a liking to knives...i have quite a few of them. i used to have a black on black kershaw assisted opening (basically legal switchblade) knife that was handy...but i think i lost it in a movie theater. so i switch on and off with what i carry now. thankfully, i've only had to pull it once on people...it's when i was about to get the shizznit beaten outta me by two bigger guys (i always think i can take on the world ). it saved my rear and made them decide that it wasn't going to be worth their while. but not to mention, i am pretty adept at using it...and in regular hand to hand (gotta love those self-defense/martial arts classes)...i would never carry it unless i could wield it with confidence should i need to. when i turn 21...possibly a handgun...and with minnesota's "new and improved" conceal and carry laws (they pretty much need a reason not to give you a c/c license), i could legally carry...but that decision comes in a year for me. on a lighter note...weapons are sooo much fun!! of course, only when treated with respect

ps...this isn't meant to rip on anyone...it's more of a drunken rambling...and i would like to thank the makers of goldschlager, corona, and heineken for their wonderful contribution to tonight's festivities!!!
Old 08-23-2003, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by srmifer

ps...this isn't meant to rip on anyone...it's more of a drunken rambling...and i would like to thank the makers of goldschlager, corona, and heineken for their wonderful contribution to tonight's festivities!!!
AMEN!
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:13 PM

Re: re: amen brother

Quote:
amen brother huck, what do you pack? i'd never thought you'd be one of those who packs. i think of my piece as the spare tire in the trunk. hope i'd never have to use it, but it's there when you need it .

i pack a nice itty bitty s&w .38 special with hollow points a bit of a change from my sig .45. damn sig was a monster and if it ever came out of the holster (thank god it hasn't), a big pool of urine would be at the end of that barrel. (and blood probably)
Depends on where I go....as small as a little Pheniox Arms 22, or a Colt 380 Mustang II, or sometimes I pull out the big gun, my 1911 Colt 45 (but it's kind of hard to conceal )

I do have my "Concealed Deadly Weapon License" so I carry legally...and I don't drink, so I won't get drunk and shoot anybody

I'm pretty level headed, but with a wife and 3 daughters traveling with me, I feel safer knowing it's there if I need it.
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-23-2003, 12:37 PM

re: nice little collection huck

nice little collection huck. i'd recommend if you have a chance to check out the smith and wesson air-lite or air-weight series. nice little 5 shooter .38 specials. so small and light you can carry it in your jeans pocket. that's what i do. i also have a license and i also don't drink. but to boot, i also carry a nice 3.5 inch half serrated spyderco knife for good measures. i can pull a knife faster than a gun so i can beat a gun wielder in a draw as well as using it to cut seatbelts if needed. love those concealed weapons license...guns, knives, spoons, toothpicks, you name it, it covers is :P.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:53 PM

Re: re: nice little collection huck

Quote:
nice little collection huck. i'd recommend if you have a chance to check out the smith and wesson air-lite or air-weight series. nice little 5 shooter .38 specials. so small and light you can carry it in your jeans pocket. that's what i do. i also have a license and i also don't drink. but to boot, i also carry a nice 3.5 inch half serrated spyderco knife for good measures. i can pull a knife faster than a gun so i can beat a gun wielder in a draw as well as using it to cut seatbelts if needed. love those concealed weapons license...guns, knives, spoons, toothpicks, you name it, it covers is :P.
I prefer automatics...just never was a revolver fan...
I also always carry my Gerber Multi-Plier....so I have access to a knive whenever needed(or an asortment of other usefull items)

I bought the 1911 as my first handgun, about 16 years ago...had always wanted one since I was a kid.......would REALLY love to get my hands on a 44 Automag, kind of my dream gun (I'm just to cheap to ever own one )
I also have a Colt 22 Target Pistol, nad have in the past had a couple Rugers (22 & 9mm) , but have always been a Colt fan (since back before Colt was looked down on), so I have pretty much stuck with them.

Kentucky Boys and Guns...kind of goes together....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-23-2003, 11:36 PM

re: muohaha

muohaha, just like us georgia boys <spits on the ground>. yeah i like semi's but it's just a pain to lug around concealed. i have a kimber compact that's just like the colt commander. it's ok, i've shot it quite a bit, but it's not my weapon of choice. i prefer my sig p220(big brother) or my sig p245(little brother). i have a few revolvers of which the snub nose .357 magnum is my choice of fun or to make people wet themselves. the s&w i carry is ok, by far not the best gun to have for longer distances, but easily fits into any of my pockets with a decent size caliber. the 12oz weight also hooked me. i was surprised after going to play poker with a few cops a few years back, that on the table after entering their house, 80% of the off duty carry were these s&w's. picked it up and it fit perfectly in my hand. we won't even get into rifles .....but revolvers are good especially if you are shot and only have the function of 1 hand, you can still load and fire away. i've gotten very good at using quick loaders in which i carry 3 on me at all times. only thing i miss from an semi is the nice hairpull trigger that you get leaving it cocked. but i've compensated by nailing the target by manually cocking the revolver and hitting the target with one shot. i'll take on a uzi in a car any day with one shot .

geez talk about hijacking threads lol....got a bit carried away after hearing about bb guns

Last edited by Noir; 08-23-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:51 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

no alarm would prevent

a rock going thru glass......
Who did you piss off or is part of the local
hater crowd ?
Out here they are installing this kick ass material 'like
a tint on the inside of your auto glass that prevents
rocks etc from actually penetrating the glass and keeps
thieves out of you car ...

http://www.ace-southwest.com/

May want to look into finding someone in your area
selling the same product.....

Dayle

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 08-24-2003, 12:56 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Re: Re: re: nice little collection huck

Quote:
Originally posted by huck369

I prefer automatics...just never was a revolver fan...
I also always carry my Gerber Multi-Plier....so I have access to a knive whenever needed(or an asortment of other usefull items)

I bought the 1911 as my first handgun, about 16 years ago...had always wanted one since I was a kid.......would REALLY love to get my hands on a 44 Automag, kind of my dream gun (I'm just to cheap to ever own one )
I also have a Colt 22 Target Pistol, nad have in the past had a couple Rugers (22 & 9mm) , but have always been a Colt fan (since back before Colt was looked down on), so I have pretty much stuck with them.

Kentucky Boys and Guns...kind of goes together....
Youd like our gun laws out here Huck.....still like the old
west kinda. I always keep my Glock within arms reach
in my car or in my shop. If it ever comes down to them or me....it will be them.
For thieves Id rather just drag them out into the desert and beat their ass and leave them to rot. Most arnt worth a bullitt

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 08-24-2003, 10:30 AM

Re: Re: Re: re: nice little collection huck

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

Youd like our gun laws out here Huck.....still like the old
west kinda. I always keep my Glock within arms reach
in my car or in my shop. If it ever comes down to them or me....it will be them.
For thieves Id rather just drag them out into the desert and beat their ass and leave them to rot. Most arnt worth a bullitt
My thoughts on thieves too......one of these days I'll get out your way
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Superbeast

Guns just seem so inpersonal , I mean I guess there great if you find yourself in a robbery situation but it will still usually come down to you and the other guy in a stand off, of witch the results are usually bad for one or both of you. Not that I have anything against guns, I do like them and I am a deadly shot everytime I get one in my hands but personally I prefer the blade to ward off univited guests. I carry knives and always have since I was like 10, and it seams like you never have a problem with anybody just knowing thier there. I think the only time I would use them is if I was forced into a situation that I didn't like my odds in, but if I was ever mad enough to kill someone I'm more likely to rip them apart with my bare hands. (I have to be really mad to want to kill someone). Have a nice day.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!