How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-16-2003, 08:04 AM
SVXdriver_007

Exclamation Project 007 Documentary

After 2 long months of deals gone wrong, bad money decissions (don't loan money to family), and a general inability to make decisions the day has arrived.
Subafreak and I are going to start restoring/repairing my SVX tonite . (well probably more Subafreak than I but hey one of us works on cars the other on computers)

I've decided I'm going to make an E-documentary on the whole project as it affords me an excellent opportunity to post ***** and, it may lead to a sympathy thing causing lower prices on parts

We've got a pretty big trip ahead of us to get the car to where I want it since I am not looking to just fix it but to make it show quality. Of course stage one will be repairs, the radiator is bad, the power steering has a leak and the pump is beat (thanks for the pump Mike), the exhaust system is lunched the hangers are broke, the muffler is red and I think one of the tail pipes is wrapped in duck tape. There is a mysterious CEL (sometimes). the fuel line has been replaced with a cheapy silicone hose and is near bursting. It is going to be an OVERHAUL.

Cosemetic wise the paint is new, the spoiler has been moved back to far, and the rear blinkers have been "blacked out" with spray paint. The interior needs a good cleaning...its as if the guy used the suede to wipe his hands during the engine swap he did (that seems to be right). there is a few buttons and tabs missing (on there way I think). The drivers seat is real cracked (typical). Just saying its a bit dirty covers it I guess.

I'm gonna take some pics and throw them in my locker and then periodicaly I plan on updating the pics and this thread with our progress. 1stsubaru and Dayle should probably start warming up their cash registers.

Wish us luck and thanks for the morale support in advance. Its alot of little things but what can I say I love the car and I refuse to let it go the "parts car" route.

Shane

P.S.
The Shane figure of merit dictates that the more I type the more spelling and or grammar errors I make, sorry.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Thumbs up

Good luck on everything, Shane! I met Subafreak last weekend and he is a hell of a good guy! He will do ya right. I am thrilled that you are not parting your SVX out and are planning such TLC for it.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:28 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Thumbs up

Good luck on your project... and keep us posted
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-16-2003, 09:25 PM
SVXdriver_007

Day one of the healing has begun. Im putting the pics in my locker but they didn't come out that clean wich is odd because we were in a well lighted garage. So far the engines been cleaned and it has been confirmed that I need a PS rack (yay ) The lights that I could replace have been done. We removed the cracked black mirror hoping we could take the internals from the silver ones I have but it doesn't appear it wil work. If anyone has any insight on this please let me know. The old radiator has been yanked and Subafreak is oredering new seals, a timing cover, some gaskets, and the cam seal caps(?).

Throughout the night I found myself looking at the car allot and thinking of how sweet it will be when its cleaned and fixed. I was also thinking "man that is one sexy beast" The car, not Subafreak! The big stuff while costly shouldn't be a problem, its really a matter of getting a hold of all the little parts.

I'm going to post a list of odds and ends in the Wanted forum, please if you have any spare parts check it out.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Hater

to save some money over seat replacement, check out www.leatherique.com
they have stuff to make the leather nice and soft, crack filler, and dye to get them looking like BRAND NEW.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Why is your name 007 if your svx is a pos? Not trying to tick you off, just wondering. Seems sorta like anti-bond to drive a beat up SVX.

- Rob
Old 04-17-2003, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Why is your name 007 if your svx is a pos? Not trying to tick you off, just wondering. Seems sorta like anti-bond to drive a beat up SVX.

- Rob

I think his aim is to have 007 style SVX by the time he is done with it.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 04-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Hater

hey Lwin, you spelled your name wrong in your sig. "Serph"

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-17-2003, 07:27 PM

oh yeah... i'll fix it soon
Old 04-17-2003, 07:41 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

- Rob
You call my car a POS and say its beat up but your not trying to Tick me off.....

....but thanks for the reason to use the block button.

I said some things in there I mayhaps shouldn't have so for the sake of this board I'll edit them out.

Last edited by SVXdriver_007; 04-25-2003 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:42 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
to save some money over seat replacement, check out www.leatherique.com
they have stuff to make the leather nice and soft, crack filler, and dye to get them looking like BRAND NEW.
Thanks alot, I'll check that out.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:55 PM
SVXdriver_007

UPDATE

I got some of the odd and end parts for the interior aestetics(sp?)and Subafreak ordered new seals and a timing cover. He's also going to fabricate a custom exhaust for me. Were going to go with a setup much like the one Dayle offers but since Subafreak is a Magnaflow distributor it will be cheaper(no offense Dayle your order is coming). Looks like ~JEN and Larry have a Radiator for me also.
Not alot to till the parts start hitting my front door but that should be a matter of days. I can't se a reason why we won't be done before the New England meet.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Superbeast

good news. The seals and timming cover came in today, so I put all the new seal and timming cover on tonight . Now I can put the rest of the motor back together as soon as the radiator gets hear. Oh ya I also painted the wiper arms. They look much better.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:25 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
good news. The seals and timming cover came in today, so I put all the new seal and timming cover on tonight . Now I can put the rest of the motor back together as soon as the radiator gets hear. Oh ya I also painted the wiper arms. They look much better.
Your the man!
But really you didn't like the wiper blades in faded red orange
~Jen and Larry are selling me the Radiator they won't know about shipping Until Monday but that could still get it here by thursday.
My friend Larry tore both the lights apart and is going to put one good one back to gether or so he thinks, but just in case if anyone has a left front light they are looking to get rid of please let me know.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:46 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Hey we have a front left light ...

~Jen + Larry

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50