SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Brake questions...

First Off I want to say that the MAF sensor fixed my surge/stalling issue I had, thanks to everybody for their help.

My friend bought a 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5 gt with 4k on it. He changed the stock rotors, brake pads and brake lines, and brake calibers to some performance ones. The oem ones are in mint condition. I know that they are compatible with the 06 WRX and 08 StI. My question is, would they be compatible with my 92 SVX?

Also if anyone could give me the dimensions to the rotors, brakes, calibers on the SVX. Hes giving them to me, It would be great if they fit. Anyone know the compatibility?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Brake questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1One1AndOnly View Post
First Off I want to say that the MAF sensor fixed my surge/stalling issue I had, thanks to everybody for their help.

My friend bought a 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5 gt with 4k on it. He changed the stock rotors, brake pads and brake lines, and brake calibers to some performance ones. The oem ones are in mint condition. I know that they are compatible with the 06 WRX and 08 StI. My question is, would they be compatible with my 92 SVX?

Also if anyone could give me the dimensions to the rotors, brakes, calibers on the SVX. Hes giving them to me, It would be great if they fit. Anyone know the compatibility?
They wouldn't be compatible with the STi (any year) and they are compatible with the WRX, since the 2.5 GT seems to be a de tuned version of the WRX....

Since they would not fit on the STi they will not fit on the SVX. 5x100 bolt pattern on the GT... 5x114 bolt pattern on the STi and SVX.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Registered SVX

How about just the rotors and brake pads? And do you know what size rotors are on the svx?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Registered SVX

wanted to know if I can atleast fit the rotors, dont know the svx rotor size..
Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

The rotors will not fit, since they are drilled for 5x100 hubs, and the SVX is 5x114 like the STi. Not sure about the pads, but I doubt it.

As far as swapping the calipers onto the SVX, that's more complicated, and the only way to really know is to try it out. If they are substantially better than the stock brakes (like 4-pot instead of 2-pot) and can fit a bigger rotor, then it could be worthwhile if you're planning on tracking the car or something, but probably not worth the effort. Search the forums and you'll find that people have tried to find bigger/better brakes, but without much avail, although much of that effort was aimed at the STi brembos, etc.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 01-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Registered SVX

I see, I appreciate the input Icing. Any recommendation for good rotors at a low price?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:24 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
I see, I appreciate the input Icing. Any recommendation for good rotors at a low price?
Try R1concepts.com

Also ecobrakes.com I am unsure of the spelling on that one but seen them on svxworldforums he has a deal 4 rotors(blank/drilled/slotted) and ceramic pads $240
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

Quote:
Applied Rotor Technologies. Ask "Pad" for 10% group discount.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:12 AM

Registered SVX

napa. you can get slotted and cross drilled rotors or just plain ones. great warranty that you can take to any napa in the nation. after spending months trying to buy the disc brake australia rotors and several other brands off the net (continually shipped me wrong or damaged rotors) i decided to never buy parts off the net that are locally available for a comparable price.