Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2011, 02:26 PM
The Molinator

Seat Skins - Stock Grey Fabric/Vinyl

My driver seat back is still degrading.. with tears .. and exposed foam.. .

Last May 2011, I posted here for someone to sell me their unwanted (leather swapped?) grey fabric/vinyl driver seatback for an SVX. Several of you responded. One member offered to send his entire set of old seat skins to me (for free?). Needless to say, he never did.. and does not respond since then. Hmmm???

I've been distracted with other projects (not the least of these was my driveshaft u-joint renuvation, after the center bearing replacement) this summer.. . But I would like your help again if possible..

If you have a grey fabric/vinyl driver seat back in good condition you're not using.. Please lemme know wat you want for it.. no hurry.. ground shipping fine.. but, of course, would like one without tears (esp on left side, where they usually tear).

Thanks, Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Seat Skins - Stock Grey Fabric/Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott View Post
My driver seat back is still degrading.. with tears .. and exposed foam.. .

Last May 2011, I posted here for someone to sell me their unwanted (leather swapped?) grey fabric/vinyl driver seatback for an SVX. Several of you responded. One member offered to send his entire set of old seat skins to me (for free?). Needless to say, he never did.. and does not respond since then. Hmmm???

I've been distracted with other projects (not the least of these was my driveshaft u-joint renuvation, after the center bearing replacement) this summer.. . But I would like your help again if possible..

If you have a grey fabric/vinyl driver seat back in good condition you're not using.. Please lemme know wat you want for it.. no hurry.. ground shipping fine.. but, of course, would like one without tears (esp on left side, where they usually tear).

Thanks, Jim
Over the summer pearlm30 showed me a drivers seat that he recovered using the leather from a Passenger seat from a parts car. It looked great. Thinking it might be easier to find a good cover from the passenger seat. Just a thought, good luck.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
The Molinator

I think they're different parts.. right? Hmmm?
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 PM
The Molinator

YES .. They ARE different parts .. and the "right" one is $50 more! Don't know why $50 + ?? .. BuT makes sense they're different.. cuz knob on driver inside of seatback for lumbar adjust! ..

I cud see diff parts for that lumbar lever.. but why $50 MORE.. ??

Thanks, Jim
Old 12-01-2011, 07:11 PM
The Molinator

Does ANYBODY have a good used DRIVER or PASSENGER front SEATBACK that I could buy.. for my torn driver's seatback???

HeLp???

Thanks, Jim