SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: Too much B.S.

I too, have noticed a trend of threads posted in the incorrect sections, and not moved. The personal attacks popping up over the past couple years have been a deterrent as well, though I was guilty of contributing to some sort of that activity back in 2006.

The ability to find relevant information is hindered by having so many threads in the "general section", and by letting threads run so far off topic.

I think the subdivisions have taken the Modifications/Tech Section in a good direction, but I think we need more direction perhaps.

There are a few moderators on here that go above and beyond and should be commended for their efforts. I will not single out inactive moderators, as I have not been around *that* long in comparison to some people. Though I have been on this forum for 5+ years, there are many older, and some wiser.

We need as many members as possible to continue to share their experience, advice, expertise, and the media (photos and videos) to supplement it.

All members need to do their part in employing some sort of reasonable decorum, respect for others, and when possible, contribute to this collective investment of time, information, and energy so that we can continue to utilize, support, and promote this forum and the following for our cars.

Last edited by Mike621; 01-12-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
I too, have noticed a trend of threads posted in the incorrect sections, and not moved.
Drives me crazy.
2001 Audi S8
Old 01-12-2010, 02:03 PM

Registered SVX

stop bashing this forums !!! it is a great one , i just keep lurking here and here and i fixed alot of my problems with the svx i know this car alot more than before. !! i luv this website !!
Ebony black 92 Ls-l Alive - 25XXXX - Quick change, Powermod , Alternator Mod , audiobahn 1300 watt ach ,exile 800 watt peak, jackhammer 12" 300 watt rms, polkaudio 6 1/2 compoment. kenwood dvd\nav . radar detector.small car lens and grill
Old 01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis View Post
stop bashing this forums !!! it is a great one , i just keep lurking here and here and i fixed alot of my problems with the svx i know this car alot more than before. !! i luv this website !!
No one is really bashing. There seems to be a need to restructure some of the threads and present them in an easy to find way for everyone.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 01-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
So, how are we slacking? I would like to know so we can jump into action.
Earl, Is this NOT the thread where people talk about anything ELSE??

Where we can VENT??

If we put this stuff in the 'tech' threads, there might be a problem!

I had a really great Yugo once!! I used it to drag the area where the bulldozer made a mess into useable space! I chained a bedspring with rocks and logs on it to enhance the effect..
I bought a new woodstove and I really like my new chainsaw. Etc.

Not exactly SVX!! Did I miss something??

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
I agree, however I must say I haven't liked a lot of the tone that I have heard on this forum lately, including this thread. Does that make me one of the "stupid people" posting "nonsense". It must. Good grief.

Why can't we all just GET along??

I have met OVER 100 of the members here, and driven 50 of the cars.

Other sites, +3. That tells me that, no matter WHAT anyone else thinks, THIS site is almost the DREAM/ENVY of all the others!!

I take it 'personal' when someone bashes the BEST site on the net!!

We have had events in Wiley Ford, where people from age 18 through 60's show up. No arguments, everyone 'contributes', we all go to the airport and 'impress' the local guys with our 'showing' of a very rare car. Not all cars compete, but the tarmac is covered with them!
We had more SVX's there than the Cobra guys!! (And their cars were FIBERGLASS REPLICAS). WE had STEEL!!
I even brought out my primer junk SVX for the occasion.
I have seen SVX tags from 24 states and 2 Countrys in Wiley Ford! On a weekend when most of the people were haveing a great time, I have seen 9 guys standing under an SVX looking at a problem trying to figure out the best way to fix it!

I have seen 6 guys from 4 states in a garage WATCHING/ helping the 'notorious 4:44 swap happen. (I have even brought the BEER)

This site is more 'UNIQUE' than Will Castro!! WE help each other without 6 figure price tags!

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 01-13-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:45 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
Blow your smoke somewhere else!! This is 'HOME' to an SVX guy!!
You dictate to others in an abusive manner.

Valid criticism does not constitute any sort of problem. Open discussion is valued and is a reason why this forum could remain "unique". There has previously been no real nastiness within this thread. The topic has been, could and should, remain very constructive.

I note that your major interest is in the social aspects of the forum and good on you. You too would be pissed off if the technical group, ceaselessly broke into your threads with meaningless garbage, thus interrupting a continuing and interesting theme.

Those assisting others with problems requiring technical information, often spend a great deal of effort analysing a fault and often researching, in order to provide a valuable reply. The thread involved often becomes very complicated and requires constant time consuming review.

When after a lot of work has been put into a thread, and it becomes turned into a hopeless illogical mess, by those with but the single object of publishing their presence, we get pissed off and rightly so. Surely this is a fact not difficult to comprehend.

Your home, should not be a selfish place.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:55 AM

I try to post any of my new threads in the best most sensible spots. If it is a brake mod then it goes in the mod section under brakes, suspension mod it goes under suspension, if it is technical question it goes in tech help as a request. One thing I try to do whether it is a mod or request for help is continue a thread until outcome. My pet peeve is when you have someone who posts a problem but never comes back to report the findings, the results of what others suggested checking, or even the fact they decided to sell the car rather than fix it. So their whole thread and information contained in it is almost useless. If I create a thread I would like to have some way to lock it or close it but keep it open for viewing. Personal member threads would be cool IMO, that way LAN or Tom could post their work in sequence with pictures (though I know sometimes comments are welcome). But You could probably view a whole thread on everything done to ones car with no comments or hijacks, I realize this is kind of along the lines of the lockers though but lockers are sometimes difficult to search just as the search function is difficult to get the results you may want. Especially with 3 letter acronyms like ECU, TCU, LSD etc. I personally enjoy discussion on threads but sometimes it would be nice to go back and clean them up and lock them out from new posts.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Drives me crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
I too, have noticed a trend of threads posted in the incorrect sections, and not moved. The personal attacks popping up over the past couple years have been a deterrent as well, though I was guilty of contributing to some sort of that activity back in 2006.

The ability to find relevant information is hindered by having so many threads in the "general section", and by letting threads run so far off topic.

I think the subdivisions have taken the Modifications/Tech Section in a good direction, but I think we need more direction perhaps.

There are a few moderators on here that go above and beyond and should be commended for their efforts. I will not single out inactive moderators, as I have not been around *that* long in comparison to some people. Though I have been on this forum for 5+ years, there are many older, and some wiser.

We need as many members as possible to continue to share their experience, advice, expertise, and the media (photos and videos) to supplement it.

All members need to do their part in employing some sort of reasonable decorum, respect for others, and when possible, contribute to this collective investment of time, information, and energy so that we can continue to utilize, support, and promote this forum and the following for our cars.
Then by all means if you see a thread or post that should be elsewhere, use that little report button. The first available moderator will get to it. By making yourself part of the solution this could effectively become a self moderated community. This is also a way that the typical member can assist us without a site full of moderators.

I am sure you know we cant read every post in every thread, but with your help, we can truly improve this particular topic.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.

Last edited by RSVX; 01-13-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX View Post
Then by all means if you see a thread or post that should be elsewhere, use that little report button. The first available moderator will get to it. By making yourself part of the solution this could effectively become a self moderated community. This is also a way that the typical member can assist us without a site full of moderators.

I am sure you know we cant read every post in every thread, but with your help, we can truly improve this particular topic.
The reason I didn't do this in the past is because it says:

Quote:
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
2001 Audi S8
Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele

Use it to report posts that are in the wrong forum too. Others do.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Wow, been away for a bit and missed a hot topic.

One thing if I may suggest is the "New? Read me FIRST!" thread be a mandatory page to check in agreement before membership is approved, there is a lot of useful tips in there and it is VERY easy to overlook if you're a new member...its hard to see. This may lead to greater usage of the search function and less topical clutter.

However, I must say that in comparison to other forums I have visited, this one has no equal in the matter of mutual respect shared among most members, and the willingness of those members to help others in need.

I say two thumbs up, and im glad to be a part of this community.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
You dictate to others in an abusive manner.

Valid criticism does not constitute any sort of problem. Open discussion is valued and is a reason why this forum could remain "unique". There has previously been no real nastiness within this thread. The topic has been, could and should, remain very constructive.

I note that your major interest is in the social aspects of the forum and good on you. You too would be pissed off if the technical group, ceaselessly broke into your threads with meaningless garbage, thus interrupting a continuing and interesting theme.

Those assisting others with problems requiring technical information, often spend a great deal of effort analysing a fault and often researching, in order to provide a valuable reply. The thread involved often becomes very complicated and requires constant time consuming review.

When after a lot of work has been put into a thread, and it becomes turned into a hopeless illogical mess, by those with but the single object of publishing their presence, we get pissed off and rightly so. Surely this is a fact not difficult to comprehend.

Your home, should not be a selfish place.

May I delete that LAST sentence?

Done!

The 'social' aspects of this site are what attracted me in the first place.
I have tried to 'not' muddy the waters on the tech side.

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 01-13-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
The 'social' aspects of this site are what attracted me in the first place.
I have tried to 'not' muddy the waters on the tech side.
Jerry, Thats cause you are a noob and this is your first car!

Now donning Kevlar!

Just kidding big guy!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Hater

pour sand in yu0r engine to clean out the buildup.

can someone pleeze move this to the tech section? kthanxbye.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)