Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Group parts order from USA

Hello to everyone down under. Recently, Joel (aust92pearl) and I had set up a parts order for a few things that he needed that he could get from the US and pay all shipping fees and it still turns out much cheaper and I'm sure many others have realized this but haven't had a way of finding someone willing to set this up. I was going to be shipping out everything for Joel tomorrow but was contacted by Matt (dynomatt) today about him possibly getting some parts as well and having me ship both orders over at once to save on the costly shipping from the US to down under. I then talked to Joel and he does not mind waiting a few extra weeks for his parts to arrive or in shipping off the orders to the other members once he receives them. I am not doing this for any type of profit whatsoever, just figure that it is a way that I can actively contribute to this awesome forum and I have plenty of free time to be able to spend the time ordering things and separating and guaranteeing everything came from the dealer as it should.

Now, the one possibility of a problem I see is with shipping from the US to Australia... I was planning on sending all of Joel's parts via US Post Office from here as it is the cheapest. The only problem is that it does not include any type of real tracking or confirmation to guarantee that things get to where they should. With a smallish order that's not something as big of a deal as if it ends up being a large order so this is going to be for anyone who is interested in getting parts to decide... I can send it all via US Post as I planned (cheaper-about 1/3 the price of other options) and there would just be that miniscule chance that something could happen, or I can ship via UPS or whatever option is cheapest that includes some type of tracking/confirmation. Again, this will be up to the members in Australia to decide.

I will be willing to order/ship anything directly from Subaru of America so long as it is not excessively bulky. I think about the largest Item I would be comfortable packaging/shipping would be front fenders but would be a little worried due to possibility of dents. If you have a question about something in particular, feel free to ask though. If you need to look up parts, subaruparts.com has a pretty good parts catalog or there was a sight that Joel (aust92pearl) had found and started a thread that seemed a little better to most that checked it out. In the end, I will order the parts from 1stsubaruparts.com as their response/order/ship time seems to be excellent and I have not had a problem when I've ordered from them. I would also not have a problem if there were items on the USebay site that may not have worldwide shipping such as the timing belt kit that is sold on ebay with the idlers and tensioners.

If anyone would like to discuss anything publicly or has anything to add, they can feel free to post things here or send me a PM. If its about the shipping option, I think that would be best discussed here. If you are interested in parts, just find what you need and send me a PM with the part number(s) and part description. If you find something on ebay, then it would help to put a link to the auction saying that you would like to get that. If you need help figuring out a specific part number, post something in the general forums section to have people help figure it out. I do also have a parts car with many parts so if you are interested in something that would be ok as a used part at a fair price, just shoot me a PM to check on that. Here is a link to my thread with a list of parts I have sold (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50210). After you send me a PM with the parts/items needed, I will then take the time to look up what the parts will cost and what shipping costs will be. For shipping, from the dealership it is 10% of the purchase price and as far as shipping to Australia, I will try to make it appropriate for what you order. The price I give you will be in US$ that you will need to send to me.

As far as payment, I will need payment via Paypal (please send it as a gift so that I don't have to pay for all of the fees) for the price of parts as well as the costs from shipping from the dealer to me, and then from me to Australia(Joel) before I order parts as I do not have enough disposable income to put up the money beforehand. If you do not have paypal, try to get in contact with another Aussie member who you can send a check or some other type of payment and then they can paypal me for you. Again, be sure to PM me about this so that I know what is going on exactly and I will also PM you back to let you know I received the payment from that member. You will then be needing to pay Joel (aust92pearl) the amount for shipping from him to you once he receives the items and he has agreed to take care of shipping the items once in Australia. I will have already separated and labeled everything before I send it out that will entail what each member ordered and should receive. I will FWD Joel PM's of parts that are sent to me so that once he gets everything, he can ensure everything is as it should be.

Once an order is placed, there will not be a possibility of a refund unless you can find someone else to buy the part and if that happens, I will refund whatever you paid (I will not take off a "non-refundable" amount) as soon as I get a payment from the person you found to purchase the item or you can have that person send you the money needed and just let me know about it via PM and also have the other person PM me as well for confirmation. I will give updates/warnings as much as possible with reguards to the day I actually plan on ordering and then when I get updates from the dealership reguarding them having to order parts, when they shipped them, etc.
I can refund monies if it is before I place an order though with no problems.

I hope all of this isn't as complicated as I'm sure it seems by this very long post. I am just trying to cover all of the possibilities and problems that could get in the way so that there aren't a hundred questions and answers all over the place. If there is a way to clear anything up, I will try and update this post or possibly make one big update in a post in the future. As of right now, let us set an order date that I will send into 1stsubaruparts.com of January 18, 2010 at 12:00 P.M. (noon) US Central Standard Time. If this changes, I will update. From the time that I send in an order, it will be about 2-3 weeks that I should receive the order and a few days for me to separate and label everything depending on how many people are involved.

1 thing that I know needs to be discussed is how customs fees work... That is something that I have no clue about so if someone knows and could let me know, that would be great! I do know I don't need to pay them, thats about it.

Wow, that's a lot....
well, cheers
-Nate
Old 01-04-2010, 02:39 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Group parts order from USA

Thanks for this Nate. In a way it's a shame that Subaru Australia makes it more economical to pay for shipping twice...but that's not unusual.

I'm interested in a couple of engine reseal kits...maybe even three as I anticipate at some stage, having to rebuild a few engines over the coming years.

Thanks for this.

Matt
Old 01-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt View Post
Thanks for this Nate. In a way it's a shame that Subaru Australia makes it more economical to pay for shipping twice...but that's not unusual.

I'm interested in a couple of engine reseal kits...maybe even three as I anticipate at some stage, having to rebuild a few engines over the coming years.

Thanks for this.

Matt
Alright Matt, like I said, just send me a PM before 2 weeks from today to let me know for sure and then I'll give you a precise price
Old 02-21-2010, 11:50 PM

Registered SVX

re-seal parts came in the mail today both mine and matt's kits fully intact
looks like everything is there . very happy with the service nate has and is offering for all of us down under guys for oem parts at a much cheaper price than what subaru charge us here , anyone that's needs parts shipped over shouldn't hesitate to ask him ,
thank you very much nate

joel
Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust92pearl View Post
re-seal parts came in the mail today both mine and matt's kits fully intact
looks like everything is there . very happy with the service nate has and is offering for all of us down under guys for oem parts at a much cheaper price than what subaru charge us here , anyone that's needs parts shipped over shouldn't hesitate to ask him ,
thank you very much nate

joel
Glad I could help you and Matt out. I will have no problem doing this for anyone in the future as well. Just as a slight reference I guess, it was $100 for shipping from the US and it included 3 full reseal kits as well as an ebay timing belt/idler/tensioner kit. total weight was about 15lbs and I was able to tape together 2 boxes which made the whole package something like 15"x12"x6".
Also an important thing to keep in mind, is there are many things that can fit into flat rate boxes no matter what the weight-up to 20lbs. Here is a listing of those rates and sized boxes- http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-...nal-prices.htm
If it weren't for the headgaskets being just about 15" long, it would've been possible to put all of that stuff in the largest flat rate box. Just something to think about and remember

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: