Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > FAQs, How To's, & Vendors > Vendors, Service, & Parts

Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Now down to only ONE!

Re: AWD Closing the doors

Tom, Mike, Eric, (and Jay)-

Your business will be sorely missed in our SVX family, but your SVX friends will be around you for a long time.

You guys put yourselves out there to help other SVXers, often at your own expense.

We will all remember the highs- Dr SUS in the mud, the Big Black Spider, inventing a better SVX part, solving a mystifing glitch for a member...

I will always treasure meeting you guys during the coffee and Mt Dew fired sleepless Mass. Migration of SVXi heading south to NJ.

Your transformation of my '96 is something that makes me smile every day.

Thanks to all of you,
Christian
96 SVX Lsi #821, Bordeaux Pearl, 4.44 98 Legacy Trans, Trans Resistor Mod, Dakota Digital Trans Temp Gauge on A-Pillar Pod (awesome), B&M Trans Cooler in Driver's Wheel Well, External Spin-on Trans Filter, Synthetic Fluids in Trans and Diffs, 17x7.5 Primax 695 Rims, Alcyone Rear Panel, Svxfiles' 5000 k HIDs, Clear Headlights, "BOXER6" License Plate, Hard Wired Radar Detector, 94 Power Up Window Switch, Motor Resealed, new Coil Packs, new NGK Iridium Plugs, PVC Valve, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Gloss Black Calipers and Rotors, EBC Greenstuff Pads, SS Brake Lines, Superb TomsSVX Cat Back Exhaust... SS Resonator, Flowmaster 80 Muffler, Magnaflow Quad SS Tips, Poly Swaybar Bushings, Endlink Mod, Rear Subframe Bushing Mod. Feels great and sounds even better. Thanks to AWD, LLC.

2003 Outback llb H6 3.0 Titanium Pearl- "BOXERR" Mostly Stock

1995 Bmw 325i Conv. Calypso Red- "RBOXER" Modest Mods

2004 Sea Doo Sportster 4-tec 15' Jet Boat, 1494cc, 1454#, 155 HP= <10#/HP Stock
Old 11-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Tom and I had a conversation about the future of my remaining SVX a couple of weeks back and my wife and i had it recently as well. I'll continue to enjoy the car as it shifts from it's FHI intended purpose (comfortable GT) to mine (17 year old forgotten Subaru now used for autocross and track days, gutted interior and appearance of little consideration though mechanicals must be strong). My future investments in her will be limited and any significant expense (greater than$1k outlay if I cannot handle the job myself) will most likely be the end of her. I've enjoyed her for years, she owes me nothing and I hope she enjoys this new phase with me Once she's gone I'll remember her fondly and look for another car to enjoy.

Todd
Old 11-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Noooooo!

(Okay, so maybe I knew this was coming...)

-Bill
p.s. I did ship the strut via UPS. Shims should be going out around mid week if Sean doesn't have to work overtime at his new job. He has ~ half of them done as of Friday
Way I hear it is that it's all your fault. Pay down that credit line Wally!

Sorry Tom and Mike, but enjoy your nights and weekends off for a change!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbsvx View Post
Tom, Mike, Eric, (and Jay)-

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Tom had said something to me a few months ago that they were thinking of this, and although it's sad to see the shop close, I can understand why.

It's not like these guys won't be able to help you on your car though. They didn't say they're going to stop working on these cars, just that the shop is closing. So now they can work on them at their convenience, and can sleep more easily at night!

I haven't spent nearly as much there as some of you, but regardless I was impressed when Tom met me at Wal-Mart at 6am to deliver my differential. And I live in IOWA!

Way to go fellas!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:35 AM

Ok I tried PM's on here but they don't go through and I did send an email but don't know if you are still receiving mail at the AllWellDrive.net address. I have my cores I need to send back to you guys. Everything is boxed and all I need is an address, I don't know if you want it to go to the shop address or somewhere else. I mostly dealt with Tom but if he prefers I send the cores to Mike then I just would need to know. You can reply on PM but I would like to send these parts out tomorrow as I promised I would.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

the shop address

110 Coxs Ave
Unit 12
West Creek NJ 08092
Old 11-25-2009, 09:31 AM

Thanks Tom, all items shipped sorry to hear you are closing the shop though I am sure all of you are happy to have some extra free time now.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
Thanks Tom, all items shipped sorry to hear you are closing the shop though I am sure all of you are happy to have some extra free time now.
Hasn't come yet, and the dust is not soon to settle around here either... I am looking forward to it though

Tom
Old 11-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

tear... for a second there I had hope for a come back of this car that I love so much and it to be seen more as a rare symbol with a great aftermarket value even if our bluebook has fallen well below some of its competitors that also had such a short life, such as the 3000gt 300zx etc.

I think that some are turning back to the SVX still, but it is still far from maintaining a status to have a shop dedicated solely to it. Its a shame but also a smart move. I don't blame you guys, I just hope I can still get you to build me a Koni GC setup next month. Thanks again tom for all your help I love my hydra and it has got to be the most worthwhile investment I made into my SVX!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Maniac modifier

Seriously... We have about a month left now. If this stuff does not go... Guess where it ends up? Either in a ceremonial bon-fire or in the dumpster. Come get what you want

Tom
Old 12-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Seriously... We have about a month left now. If this stuff does not go... Guess where it ends up? Either in a ceremonial bon-fire or in the dumpster. Come get what you want

Tom
YT,
Okay, so what's left?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-06-2009, 06:49 PM

Do you have any of the packages still available? Mainly the Sol. C package?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
YT,
Okay, so what's left?
-Bill
We have a huge assortment of parts from parts cars past. Interior, subframes, motor mounts. We have 1 good trans left along with numerous front diffs. Body panels, windshields, gas tanks... Basically no engines or radiators, or struts. Everything else, we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeJaye View Post
Do you have any of the packages still available? Mainly the Sol. C package?
No we really are not trying to get in any more parts at this point. We are bleeding out stock parts

Tom
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

YT,
How about the interior piece above the glove box, and driver's and passenger's door panels (all in good shape)? These are all for the Pearlie (that Austin is now driving! ).
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker