Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-21-2009, 08:28 PM

Voltage of the blower motor on high?

Took my svx into the shop because it was throwing oil onto the windshield and they resealed the engine and replace the idler pulleys... then after my blower motor craps out and i get an O2 sensor failure ... They wont touch either one because they weren't working near them. Just need the voltage reading of the blower motor harness to the motor on high so i can splice in a temporary line for the winter... Duluth MN sucks without heat I already cooked an aftermarket blower motor within 5 minutes of installing it so I just want to hardwire one in to make it through the winter, any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:16 AM

Re: Voltage of the blower motor on high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenDave View Post
Took my svx into the shop because it was throwing oil onto the windshield and they resealed the engine and replace the idler pulleys... then after my blower motor craps out and i get an O2 sensor failure ... They wont touch either one because they weren't working near them. Just need the voltage reading of the blower motor harness to the motor on high so i can splice in a temporary line for the winter... Duluth MN sucks without heat I already cooked an aftermarket blower motor within 5 minutes of installing it so I just want to hardwire one in to make it through the winter, any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Don't think that plan is going to fly

Sorry,
Keith
Old 10-22-2009, 06:43 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

Lots of SVX blower motors on Ebay for cheap.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Lots of SVX blower motors on Ebay for cheap.
I would highly recommend properly lubricating any used replacement before installing it. Sort of a hassle to replace the thing.

Keith
Old 10-22-2009, 11:55 PM

Well, I tore my hands apart getting to the dang motor, but after using a voltmeter anything under 1 amp kills the blower circuit even at 12 volts, so i'm sure i have a bad wire somewhere in the harness... but the control works just fine, so tomorrow i'm going to try and figure out a good fuse to jump from, cant use the clock and one of the heater harnesses already blew 3 fuses, only wasted 2 10 amp fuses from the clock/lights, but the heater is just useless, i could direct splice into it and nothing though i understand the 5 amp change so i might just run a direct line from the battery with an inline 15 amp fuse in it to get me through the winter but i dont understand how it shows positive volts and amps until it gets a load