Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-21-2009, 01:26 AM

Re: Torque binding question

Ok... i think i kinda get it now. As for looking for a replacement Sol. c.. should i just get one from the dealer? Or are there other outlets to get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
The FWD fuse supplies 12 volts to the FWD solenoid. (Not directly IIRC, it tells the ECU to supply it..) If your solenoid is burned out (open) it won't be a complete circuit and the light will not come on and your car will still bind since without the solenoid powered, the car is in full 50:50 lock front to rear.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:05 AM

Registered SVX

The C solenoid valve is normally closed. Therefore will be closed, if either the solenoid or the supply circuit is faulty. This will result in no bleed and full pressure closing the clutch, and therefore binding,

The manual shows that the FWD light operates when the special fuse is inserted, and grounds the combined signal and lamp circuit. Provided the lamp/bulb is OK, not being illuminated indicates only a faulty TCU signal or special fuse circuit. Unfortunately the FWD light is not included in the lamp test which occurs at turn on, so that you must hold the light as suspect.

Before tearing things apart, you must ensure that the solenoid is receiving voltage, when the special fuse is in place. You can check for battery voltage, say 11 - 13 volts at the transmission connector. I do not have a manual for the US transmission, so that someone else will have to give you the pin numbers. A simple 12 volt test lamp drawing current, is the best test for this voltage.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:19 PM

Registered SVX

Same issue here, still binding with FWD fuse engaged and lit. What it the usual cost of replacing the Solenoid C?
89 Yamaha FZR600