Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
good, then you got the text I just sent back saying you can expect nothing from me. *done with these shenanigans*

Tom
Old 02-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Banned

I really didn't expect any input from Tom or want any input from him when he lies about me texting him to get me banned from my computer and sends me a pm blackmailing me:

I am growing tired of this and like I had said, if you want the money order, I never want to hear or read about this car again

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Alright, before things go too out of hand here:

Is the purpose of this thread to try and figure out this oil situation, or to attack Tom?

Let's try to keep it productive, there has been enough e-ranting about this already.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
thats because I was willing to help her, not you Nate

Tom
Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Actually, I saw the text.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinsSVX View Post
Thanks for the info. I don't know what to look for.
If the car has a good history of rust-proofing the underside will be good. If you can get the car in the air look at the bottom. If it's undercoated there will be a thick, tar-like coating over the whole bottom of the car. If it's been oil sprayed regularly there will be oil on the bottom. My car has the thick tar-ish undercoating and the floor is almost perfect, except for one spot where it was scraped over a bump and the coating removed. That spot has surface rust.

Any garage should be able to help you with this. Just go in and ask them to put the car on a lift so you can check the underside for rust. Make sure they will let you come out and look for yourself, some shops are very touchy about customers on the garage floor.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Aren't you Tom's partner at AWD, Inc.? So now we know you're both liars and making useless posts on my thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Actually, I saw the text.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned

Thanks again, I just had the car painted and will go back to them. What is the best coating to ask them to put on and where? I'm still wondering what I should do about the oil burning. Should I just drive it until it breaks down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
If the car has a good history of rust-proofing the underside will be good. If you can get the car in the air look at the bottom. If it's undercoated there will be a thick, tar-like coating over the whole bottom of the car. If it's been oil sprayed regularly there will be oil on the bottom. My car has the thick tar-ish undercoating and the floor is almost perfect, except for one spot where it was scraped over a bump and the coating removed. That spot has surface rust.

Any garage should be able to help you with this. Just go in and ask them to put the car on a lift so you can check the underside for rust. Make sure they will let you come out and look for yourself, some shops are very touchy about customers on the garage floor.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned

You just texted me you're not paying me without even calling and talking to me like a man. Now you stole my transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
thats because I was willing to help her, not you Nate

Tom
Old 02-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
okay, constant oil burning points directly at bad rings, sorry. For what it's worth, several members of the Network have had at least one, if not two, cylinders "go away" after aggressive normally aspirated use. Not having gone back in the threads to see which cylinders in your engine are suspect, I'm going to guess they're the same cylinders as others have had issues with.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

Yes I did. Thanks for talking to me, but you know Nate's not posting these and you know you had no intention of paying for or sending my transmission back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
good, then you got the text I just sent back saying you can expect nothing from me. *done with these shenanigans*

Tom
Old 02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinsSVX View Post
Thanks again, I just had the car painted and will go back to them. What is the best coating to ask them to put on and where? I'm still wondering what I should do about the oil burning. Should I just drive it until it breaks down?
I can't tell you much about the oil situation, I'm not a knowledgable enough mechanic.

For the rust stuff though, try to find a shop that does Krown coating. It's a special oil they spray over the bottom of the car, and if they're good and you opt for the high-end treatment, they will spray inside the doors, the hood seams, into the frame rails...just about everything you can think of. There's not much that can be done to protect moving parts, like the suspension, beyond keeping them clean. Buy coilovers and run those in the summer, then change to OEM rusty stuff in the winter.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

It's the 2 and 4 cylinder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
okay, constant oil burning points directly at bad rings, sorry. For what it's worth, several members of the Network have had at least one, if not two, cylinders "go away" after aggressive normally aspirated use. Not having gone back in the threads to see which cylinders in your engine are suspect, I'm going to guess they're the same cylinders as others have had issues with.
-Bill
Old 02-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Locker Link Solution

WOW, I thought I had rust issues...

is this the tranny that was donated that is being discussed
(i really don't remember where that came from)

aside from being shocked that Tom is paying for that if it is the case, I really don't get this. Mike and Tom are not going to be viewed as "liars" here... they are both established and well respected members. I have met both and can say they are nothing short of really great guys who are very honest. I really thought it was budfreak posting with a diff name when I saw this thread.

to see that rust on the car it would really not suprise me to learn that it has been sitting a long time in grass (where dew in the morning collects and kills the car)... when it sits the cyl walls rust and can tear the rings... it very well could have been just fine holding compression down at Toms....

add more power, low ratio tranny directly bolted to the crank, add heavy foot, and a 6 hour no breaks drive... guess what. Not a huge mystery there. I feel bad for you and would really like to hear you rockin your 5spd in mass, but sometimes if you want custom... this is a big reason I do everything myself, there is no question who is to blame when all parties are me!
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

Clearly anyone disagreeing with nate is some kind of subordinate of tom's, brainwashed or payed to speak lies.Why, tom himself is clearly schizophrenic. Everyone should believe nate, because a guy with 5 screen names thats been banned from 2 public SVX forums and has laid absolute and complete blame for any and all problems with his automobile on the small handful of people who have attempted to fix it clearly composes himself in a more dignified and professional manor.

Also, Nate's very consistent stories and figures, such as the amount of money, for example, which he (had his girlfriend) spent on his (girlfriends) car with the money he got from running his (damp rag across his moms) bar. This figure alone is somewhere between 13k and 27k, depending on who's asking.

Also, a man who takes exit ramps at speeds fast enough to break the 255 rears loose, races jetta vr6's in Massachusetts's Midnight club,wonders just how far off his speedo is when it reads 155, and shifts at 7500 rpm CLEARLY drives his car in an un-abusive way, that wont likely harm a 16 year old car that was just re-assembled and driven for the first time in months. Nope, cant be any problems there

And of the re-assembly, of course the guy who put it together is to blame for anything wrong...Defects with the parts installed are 100% impossible. And compatibility between parts is always perfect, and needn't ever be checked. Pre-existing problems cant possibly create new ones, and installing having a mechanic install a new part, only to have that part get broken, clearly means that the installer did his job wrong (even if the same job was contracted by 3 different people with the same results)

Also, Just because nate decides he wants to change something, say, every 46 seconds, means tom should have easily been able to assist him with every decision made, via telephone call every hour , 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Fist sate wanted it black, then red, then white...It should have came to him with three new coats of paint on it each time....and with a nitros powered rwd turbo awd naturally aspirated powerplant too. Tire sizes need'nt mathematically compute in such a way that means theyll fit the car...Simply find your favorite tractor tire, spend ludacris amounts of money on wheels that were out of style 5 years ago, and shove them in.

(Follow this sentence closely kids, it gets tricky) Nope..I don't at all see how a guy that apparently owes someone the money they spent on something they didn't want their money back could possibly be trying to just get some free money by blaming other people for him spending the money in the first place, and demanding refunds on parts that he, the consumer picked, and money back from the labor for repairs that the consumer never payed to get not fixed. (hence the reason they are still broken)

Makes total sense to me

(And yes, I can pull quotes from both this site and the other to back my claims if I really needed to, but its so much more entertaining for you, the reader, to borrow someones account, go to the other forum board, and read the thread that Im drawing my opion from. I trust you will laugh less during, I dunno, a robin williams movie of some sort)
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-10-2008, 08:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to MAXSVX

Just because.
"Multicolored Mod", Optima Battery, Urethane F&R Sway bar Bushings, RaceConcepts X-Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Performance Pads, and SS Lines, Rebuilt Calipers, Toyo Proxes4, Pioneer HU, MB Quart Discus F&R Speakers, Silla Rad, 100W Foglight conversion, OEM Sunroof Deflector - Serviced by 'All We'll Drive'
Closed Thread