Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 07-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Looking for a "spare" Spare x3

I'm looking for 3 spare tires for the svx, not to worried about condition, in the philadelphia area, and i don't really want to pay anything for them. So if anyone has any spares that are laying around that they don't really want, i'm interested.

i just want something to put on my car while it's sitting waiting for new wheels, but i can still use to take around the block from time to time, since it's a month or two before i can get the wheels, and i like to start and drive the car from time to time to keep everything lubricated, plus it's like rotating inventory in my driveway, and might need to move the cars from time to time. Next wheels I'm looking to buy I'm buying for the long term, so I'm planning to invest the right amount of money for the wheels and tires I want.

If i don't get any hits on the free spares, I'll consider paying a few bucks, i can get probably identical spare tires from the local junk yard for $25 each, but $75 is a lot to me as i have a lot of expenses coming up. Pretty sure the spare is the same size as 90% of the donuts out there, so it shouldn't be hard to find at the junk yard if need be.

Also if anyone has a set of cheapies like 4 crap rims for $50-100 or so with semi-decent rubber, i'd be interested in that too, though i'm not entirely sure if the svx can haul 4 wheels, but i'm sure i can work something out if need be and the right deal comes along.

Also, I can pick them up, i'm not looking to have anything shipped, as a nice Sunday drive around is a nice way to get out of the house and away from things.

Thanks for interest!
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:27 AM

Registered SVX
Good luck finding them. The SVX spare is different than most if not all subaru spares out there. I know for a fact that legacy donuts wont fit. I had to buy both of mine, and Im holding on to them. All junk yards in my area and beyond did not have any. I bought both of mine off of ebay. Good Luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: