SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 01:21 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
Not to call you out, but THIS is the real problem I have with people that always bash Bush. First thing I always ask them is, "did you vote?" and usually the response I get is "no, it wouldn't have made a difference", but then again, will their griping to me about the President will make a difference? People need to VOTE, stop your biitching and VOTE. Unless you vote, shut your mouth for the next 3 or so years.
Its my right to vote or not vote in this country. When Bush SR. was president I wasnt old enough to vote but I didnt like his tactics either. So tell me is it un-american for myself to complain about our current situation or do I need to review the Constituition and the Bill of Rights to find this "miracle no complaining" amendment, law or whatever? If you can find it let me know and Ill refrain from Bush bashing. By the way if we dont like what a polititican that is NOT from our district and DONT like what they do in YOUR district is it OK for me to complain about it also since I cannot vote for them either??
Old 02-19-2006, 04:54 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
Have you talked to any of our military people who have returned from over there? If you did, you may find out that most of the people there DO care about us and have gratitude for us saving them from the system that they were in. You may find out that the spin that the news puts on things is not correct on them wanting us to leave. Yes, it is costly, but if we were not there, the student loans would not go up, or the tuition go down.

Don't over look the fact that the unemployment rate is at one of the lowest levels in years. I guess I just look at the glass and see it half full instead of being half empty and feeling it is almost gone.
I've talked to two people who have come back from there..and 1 who is over there. All of them are wondering why we're over there. Our soldiers are getting blown up for...what? A couple "oppressed" people? Well, why don't we liberate the oppressed in Africa? Oh yeah, they don't have oil.

My dad is a Vietnam vet, and he doesn't agree with what's going on over there. It's like throwing money down the toilet.

And yes, I was too young to vote. I ain't now though.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 02-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
Its my right to vote or not vote in this country. When Bush SR. was president I wasnt old enough to vote but I didnt like his tactics either. So tell me is it un-american for myself to complain about our current situation or do I need to review the Constituition and the Bill of Rights to find this "miracle no complaining" amendment, law or whatever? If you can find it let me know and Ill refrain from Bush bashing. By the way if we dont like what a polititican that is NOT from our district and DONT like what they do in YOUR district is it OK for me to complain about it also since I cannot vote for them either??

Yes, sorry you DO have the right to NOT vote and NEVER help make any change at the country, and yes, you also have the right to constantly bash the President elected by the people who care enough to actually vote. One more thing, be glad you have the right to bash Bush, try doing that in Iraq 3 years ago.......

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 02-19-2006, 06:49 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
I've talked to two people who have come back from there..and 1 who is over there. All of them are wondering why we're over there. Our soldiers are getting blown up for...what? A couple "oppressed" people? Well, why don't we liberate the oppressed in Africa? Oh yeah, they don't have oil.

My dad is a Vietnam vet, and he doesn't agree with what's going on over there. It's like throwing money down the toilet.

And yes, I was too young to vote. I ain't now though.
Im all for helping someone out but they have to be willing to help themselves first. My neighbor came back in Oct 2005 and I was happy to see him but I think he has doubts about another tour. All I ask is what is our OBJECTIVE in Iraq? Give us a date for pulling out and stick to it, Iraqis should be responsible for "insurgents" in the development of their country and if they want democracy bad enough then fight for it!
Old 02-19-2006, 06:55 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Yes, sorry you DO have the right to NOT vote and NEVER help make any change at the country, and yes, you also have the right to constantly bash the President elected by the people who care enough to actually vote. One more thing, be glad you have the right to bash Bush, try doing that in Iraq 3 years ago.......
Im not bashing you or your views. I take that you voted for Bush twice and are upset that his policies havent panned out like you wanted Im not trying to argue with you and we all are in this together. I love this country and what it stands for even if its not up to par politically. I appreciate your views and comments I am not upset with you.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Mountaineer

I don't support Bush, I voted for him the second time b/c Kerry genuinely scares me. I'm Libertarian

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 02-19-2006, 07:13 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
I don't support Bush, I voted for him the second time b/c Kerry genuinely scares me. I'm Libertarian
Kerry and Bush scares me and any of the other political parties dont have a chance so what are we left with? I wish we can get someone worth voting for that has a agenda. I promise to vote next time around to avoid the anti-vote feedback for me not doing so. Thanks
Old 02-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Kerry and Bush scares me and any of the other political parties dont have a chance so what are we left with? I wish we can get someone worth voting for that has a agenda. I promise to vote next time around to avoid the anti-vote feedback for me not doing so. Thanks
http://members.cox.net/electrophilicity/DucheTurd.avi 2.6MB

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 02-19-2006, 10:25 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Im all for helping someone out but they have to be willing to help themselves first. My neighbor came back in Oct 2005 and I was happy to see him but I think he has doubts about another tour. All I ask is what is our OBJECTIVE in Iraq? Give us a date for pulling out and stick to it, Iraqis should be responsible for "insurgents" in the development of their country and if they want democracy bad enough then fight for it!
Did you not read my post a page before? They dont know how to fight back or stand up for themselves. At least most of them dont. And i know because alot of Indians have gone to iraq and have stayed there for a long time. My uncle being one of them. Sadaam loved indian movies so he never had a problem with indians themselves...even named a few of his kids with indian names . They have been living in fear all this time you cant honestly expect them all to get up one day and be like " ok now is the time lets do it!!"....things like this take time, especially when you have had a dictator threaten your well being everyday of your life.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 02-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Better yet, has anyone thought of what would have actually happened if the sleezebag Bush hadn't of been elected, and 9/11 prevented?
In order for 9/11 to have been prevented, Clinton would have had to lose the election so there was an actual Intelegence agency when we hit the 21st century.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
I know about 75 people that have come back from Iraq and have shared stories of how the Iraqi people welcomed, helped, and thanked them. Some villages now have working water pumps for the first time in 30 years because Sadamm spent their money on himself.

So 75 to 2, I guess its fair to say that 2.6% of the veterans don't get why we are there, but I'm damn sure they are going to be standing in line to get their veteran's benefits.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 02-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
In order for 9/11 to have been prevented, Clinton would have had to lose the election so there was an actual Intelegence agency when we hit the 21st century.
Clinton had several opportunities to capture Bin Laden. Sudan offered up the terrorist and data on his network. The then-president and his advisors didn't respond.

too busy chasing chubby chicks around his desk? thanks Bill!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Mountaineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark

too busy chasing chubby chicks around his desk? thanks Bill!

you mean UNDER the desk.....

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 02-22-2006, 03:33 PM

I kind of liked it better when presidents were screwing interns instead of us.

Clinton could not declare a war, and walk away leaving the next Administration holding the bag. He couldn't drop special forces into Afghanistan due to political pressure. Lets not forget Haliburton and Bush senior were trying to gain access to build a pipeline through Afghanistan. The Taliban was working with them, and there was a lot of pressure on Clinton to stay cool.

Brings up a point. Now Haliburton has full access and the green light to build that pipeline. It's already proceeding. Luckily, the Afghanistan President's previous job was as a highly paid consultant to the Haliburton Corporation, so he was well versed in what was happening and pushed through a speedy approval.

There's a big picture here guys.

And Doug, ask your friends which part of Iraq they were in, cause it sounds like they had duty with the Kurds. And yeah..... The Kurds are extremely thankful. But the majority of Iraq? No.... They are burning flags, and highly upset. The country is in chaos. What I hear from the guys returning back for their 3 month break is that the Iraqi people usually turn and silently walk in the opposite direction when they see American troops. They are frightened of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and take shrapnel from an attack against the troops. They also never run, for they fear their actions would be mis-interpreted by the troops and get shot.

This really sounds like a Fox news-ism. Getting news from Fox is like getting news straight from the administration. We have all heard the great stories from Fox, but what we need to do is look in the background of the video. Rubble everywhere, buildings deserted, houses half blown up. Would you be happy and thankful?

We all have to branch out and get our news from varied sources.

Heres one from today that won't be reported on Fox. Read the part about the demonstrations, and US flag burnings. The only part I don't understand is why they keep saying "We will end up in Civil War!!" Jeez... They need to stop screaming that and think to themselves for a second... you know, ask the question: "What do you call it when members of the same country run around and bomb each other?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060222/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Fox is the root of the evil we are currently in. If they hadn't of been around, we would have opened our eyes sooner and maybe stop this madness before we got this deep.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds

So 75 to 2, I guess its fair to say that 2.6% of the veterans don't get why we are there, but I'm damn sure they are going to be standing in line to get their veteran's benefits.
Oh..... and Doug. I wasn't picking on you dude with my last post. I respect your opinion. I was just slightly offended by the "veteran's benefit" remark. After all, the flip side of freedom is tolerance, and there seems to be a lack of tolerance in the republican party in the last few years. Another reason I switched parties. They have lost their moderation.

All troops...especially those serving in Iraq, deserve their benefits regardless of their own beliefs, and they should be given without prejudice.

Speaking of tolerance... South Dakota today presented a bill to ban all abortions with the only exception of mothers in danger of dying. The purpose is clear. They want it to be challenged until it reaches the supreme court. When it does, a new precedent will over-ride Roe Vs Wade for our country. I'm 44, and could care less about abortion personally. But my gosh... let the free people in our society make up their own minds!!

As once said by a comedian. Most who are against abortion are for the death penalty.. which makes a person ask... Are they 'against' murder, are they 'for' murder, or are they just protecting their priviledge of choosing who lives and dies.

If the Democrats don't get back in office soon, this country will end up a police state.