Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 11:51 AM

thought i would share this pm with you all

Rob got Screwed, Landshark got nuttin, and Pockets is lying.
If you'd like to respond email me at flatsix92@yahoo.com

The following is my response to immortal subie, which I think does a great job of illustrating some of my points in how the adminstration has not handled landshark very well, and treated me unfairly.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are not on here 24/7 and sometimes we are on and don't know exactly what to do with certain posts that are borderline or stuff that doesn't violate a rule but is obviously in poor taste. The posts in the thread weren't all name calling, just BS calling - something the self titled BS detector would know alot about. That whole situation was ****ed up - did we handle it right? I don't know. Did we handle it how you would have - definitely not based on your attitude about it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have put a temporary ban on all the people who called him names. They deserve it. They were treating the guy like crap.

quote:
Did I mention that I got zero reported posts from that thread yet it was probably the biggest embarassment to the network I have seen in a while.

100% agreement.

quote:
Once he posted pics we decided to keep it all there as a stfu to everyone who was being a dick in that thread. I think it was pretty effective that way.

Agreed again.

quote:
Dude - bottom line, you posted a thread titled "if you're black, no cadillac". In my infinite wisdom after seeing flamewars erupt throughout this board I saw fit to end this one before it started. You can't really believe that people wouldnt immediately be put on the offensive when they see a title like that.
Had you made the thread the same way as you did the 2nd time around it wouldn't even have happened. Get over it.

I think you underestimate our members. I've never seen any racist comments around here... I've seen plenty of ignorance, but nothing racist. The only reason I CHANGED the thread the 2nd time I posted it was to completley cover my ass so you wouldn't delete it, since I found it a very intersting piece of automotive history and I wanted to share it with others.

quote:
So - is the moderation fair/ equal/ makes sense/ all the time? Hell no.

YES! You finally get it! So when someone brings up somethign that is unfair/unequal/does not make sense, do you CORRECT it, or do you just say 'whatever, we're unpaid volunteers, we don't need to fix anything about the way we do, we have no room for improvement'?????

quote:
Are we unpaid volunteers who try to keep the place as it was intended and learn as we go along and attempt to make the moderation fair, equal and just - yes.

GREAT! I'm glad you like to make things equal and fix the situation!

Now let's get this straight:

Landshark was harassing me DAILY back when I was chicane. It's no secret whatsoever that he went OUT of his way just to piss me off. This caused problems, as I am not like Jesus, and I do not turn the other cheek. After a few 'problems', I was PM'd by Mr. Pockets. I was instructed to REPORT LANDSHARKS OFFENSIVE POSTS. AND I DID. I reported his posts for an entire month, and Landshark CONTINUED to post inflammatory posts aimed at pissing me off. I then blew up at him again, and was banned.

AFTER I was banned, I had access to your special forums, and read a bunch of crap, including the following:

[i]mohrds: This post provides no purpose other than to antagonize people. No one finds it humorous. Do not post like this again
-------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Pockets: I agree with you, Doug. It was bad enough that he was taunting Rob when he was here. But still taunting him now that he can't reply is ridiculous. If anybody else had typed it, I wouldn't have cared. But Alan's past behavior puts his words in a different context.
Chris Administrator: I am too upset at this to write him at this time. So, I am asking if someone would diplomatically email or PM him and let him know that he is well on his way to going the way of the do-do (as in the extinct bird). Rob was a problem in the past, but I feel that Landshark was half of the problem. He is about to be banned. I am tired of playing games.

MacGyver: I've had his address if it is needed, but I hadn't heard anything on this for a while and it seemed Rob has been behaving himself. Anyway, here it is:
MY ADDRESS REMOVED IN THIS PM EDIT
Chris Administrator:

A quote from PM from Rob:

quote:
Just wondering if you guys are doing anything about landshark, or if I'm just going to sit here waiting forever, being strung along by broken promises. He keeps baiting me even though he realizes I can't respond.

My case is CLEAR.

He picks fights, 24-7. I've reported him MULTIPLE TIMES, and nobody has done a damn thing. If anyone should be banned, it should be the person instigating fights. Landshark.

If anything is going to be done, I want it compete and fair. I do not know if his claims are substantiated or not. But, if Landshark is continuing to cause problems, he is gone to.
I am getting SOOOO sick and tired of this, I am gonig to start banning people until I kill this board. I have way too many personal issues to deal with than stupid people fighting and tearing my forums and members apart. Please help me fix this before I get stupid!
Mr Pockets: here's my opinion. Yes, Alan has provoked Rob many, many times. He's not the only one to have done it, but he is definitely the worst offender. Once or twice since Rob has been banned, Alan has posted 'Rob-bait' just to make a joke of Rob being banned.

Should we ban Alan?
Chris AdminstratorIt takes TWO to fight.
It takes TWO to tango.
Lets sit in a bar.
In one corner there is Chicane.
The other corner is Landshark.
Landshark throws the first punch.
Chicane reports this to the cops (moderators) and out of poor judgement returns the assault.
In my book, TWO assault have been commited here. The law enforcement officers responding would take BOTH to jail for assault.
Now in reality, Landshark was told to go home and Chicane went to jail.
----------------------------------------------------
Quoting YOU:
Immortal Suby: I see your point and I agree that landshark is a **** stirrer.

Without landshark would chicane be banned right now?
Without chicane would we be talking about landshark?

I don't know the answer to these. I do know chicane has used poor judgement multiple times without restraint. I do know landshark has also used poor judgement, but ropes himself in (or is roped in) before it gets to the point where it would warrant banning. And then he shuts up.
I think...
Landshark is mature enough to know right from wrong and is deliberately pushing buttons for fun. He could respond to moderation
Chicane is just right - and will stop at nothing to prove it. He won't respond to moderation.

I like rob - he pisses me off sometimes but I actually like him.
----------------------------------------------------

BACK TO YOUR PM:

quote:
What do you want me to do - go to landsharks house and give him a swirly? He got a month off. End of story. What I'd really like to see is the alleged posts where we egg him on to piss you off so we could ban you. I don't remember those.

NO. I want JUSTICE. First off, I want you to HONESTLY consider that ALL of the above quotes were said BEFORE Landshark used my f*cking wedding photo for an avatar. BEFORE. So you were all talking about banning him, and then he pulls a stunt like taking my freakin' WEDDING picture and using it as an avatar, after I was banned..... okay? HERE IS MY POINT: If you guys had reprimanded Landshark WHEN I WAS REPORTING HIS POSTS, AND DONE YOUR JOB, I would not have been banned. It's that simple.

And I've never claimed you've 'egged him on' during the posts, I've stated you ADMITTED that Landshark was causing problems and picking fights with me in your special moderator forum, yet you DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. You talked about what a pain in the ass he was, how he picks fights with me, etc etc etc, and then: NOTHING! YOU GUYS DO NOT BAN HIM! It is only AFTER Landshark uses my wedding photo as a big **** you that he gets a month's suspension.

What the hell have I EVER DONE?!?!? Let's see... I argued a few times with SolarSVX because Solar is an idiot... I argued with Nikfu, because Nikfu is also an idiot, and I posted an amusing link containing a japanese fertility festival, which contained manmade schlongs, BECAUSE I FOUND IT FUNNY. Considering how it isn't showing any REAL penises, I did not consider it offensive or in violation of any of the rules. AGAIN, I bring up consistency: You delete my fake penis thread, but you allow pages and pages and pages of barely clothed women complete with nipples visible through wet clothing!?!?!? WHY are those people not banned?!?!?!

SUMMARY: I have proof that ALL of you knew exactly what Landshark was doing to me, and you did NOTHING ABOUT IT. It was only until after Landshark used my pic as an avatar for a WEEK that you banned him for a month. I have NEVER done anything like that, nor would I. I have never gone out of my way to specifically attack someone like Landshark has done to me, time and time again. Yet HE is still allowed on the forums, and if you guys had ****ing STOPPED Landshark's attacks, I WOULD NOT BE BANNED.

- Rob

PS: Pockets is a ****ing liar. Here's two completley conflicting reports from him:

"If you search through the 'admin area' forum, I think you'll find that I've warned Alan (Landshark) about provoking Rob before. And I don't think I recorded it in that forum every time I did so.

I know I've asked him not to push Rob's buttons several times."

AND:

"we warned Rob many times to report inflamatory or provocative posts to the moderstors instead of lashing out, but that he ignored us every time."

BULL****. I reported him for a month and NOTHING WAS DONE!

(written word for word)

wtf is this? and why am i getting this pm???

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:58 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Because Rob was your husband (or was it boyfriend?)

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Hater

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

my response:

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-17-2004, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
Because Rob was your husband (or was it boyfriend?)

that that is just mean!

you sure you didn't have the hots for him?

i just don't get it...why can't people just ignore some stuff. i am not pointing my fingers at anyone in particular, i think there is more then one person at fault..

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:07 PM
The name's...

Send a message via AIM to Whoru465
That was some piece of writing...

'92 Pearl LS-L (sans Spoiler) #0993 Mfg. 5/91

"It says here, 'Breakfast any time'...
That's right...
In that case, I'll have the pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment..."
Old 11-17-2004, 12:09 PM
No longer blue member

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
you sure you didn't have the hots for him?
Shhhhhhh

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-17-2004, 12:19 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

Shhhhhhh
I always knew it steve. I always knew

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 11-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

uh oh, you just opened a can of worms kelli.

<inserts open can of worms pictures here.>

meh, old news. Rob will be Rob.

IBTL.

whoa, i just saw my thread moved. nothing offensive that i could recall.

Last edited by Noir; 11-17-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:22 PM
No longer blue member

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
uh oh, you just opened a can of worms kelli.

meh, old news. Rob will be Rob.

IBTL.
Fixed your post

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-17-2004, 01:11 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

PM's are PM's for a reason.... Private Messaging.... Shouldn't we keep it PRIVATE??? Doesn't matter who it is that sends it... It should remain Private... You should delete this thread Kelli...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 11-17-2004, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
PM's are PM's for a reason.... Private Messaging.... Shouldn't we keep it PRIVATE??? Doesn't matter who it is that sends it... It should remain Private... You should delete this thread Kelli...
PM's are PM's only when one or both parties chooses their message to be private.

Whether airing dirty laundry is acceptable is a matter of opinion.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
I don't think there has ever been more of a waste of my time than reading that.

1) He was wronged, oh well. S*&t happens. Things don't always have to be right and fair. That's life.

2) This is a web forum. Don't people have better things to do with their lives than spend countless hours about not being able to post on a forum?

3) If a mod or an admin thinks someone should be banned, they can do that. If they don't ban someone they can do that as well. When you go against that ruling and try to log on as someone else, you get banned again.

4) I think Rob got under a bunch of people's skin. I know I have been pissed off about what he says numerous times. His logic alone is enough to drive one batty. I think the site and community is better without him. In fact, every time he got a new handle, I would put it on my ignore list. Most of the time before finding out it was him.

5) I know a couple of people here are friends with Rob. That's cool. I don't know him personally. But....the way he carries himself here makes me not want to listen. Maybe he is different in person, but here he is a dick.

I have been around here for awhile, and a lurker long before I joined. I think people need to relax and realize that many times things are misconstrued when speaking in a forum such as this. Not only that, but people tend to have larger balls when not speaking face to face. I am glad that the mods do what they see fit and try to keep it a pleasant environment. They aren't always right (I think in this case they are) but oh well.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 11-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Seeing that he distributed the message to many people and was telling everyone else about other Private messages, I see no reason for her not to share what she chooses.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95
think people need to relax and realize that many times things are misconstrued when speaking in a forum such as this. Not only that, but people tend to have larger balls when not speaking face to face.
Isn't this the truth.....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 11-17-2004, 01:48 PM

Quote:

Isn't this the truth.....
sure is n00b
Closed Thread