SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

That is NOT what I'm saying. I'm saying, on AVERAGE. If you were to take every WWF fan in your city, and average their intelligence, vs every computer game design (3d animation, level design, artists, etc) person's average intelligence, who do you think would be more intelligent?
Neither are greater than the other. DUH.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
But whatever, I give up. There is NOTHING I can say that will make you guys understand the simple concept of averages, and the fact that someone here took a f*cking logic class, but still doesn't understand that "All SVXs are cars, but not all cars are SVXs" is just freaking pathetic.
I'm sure we all know the concept of averages, just that you like to use a biased sample to improve your statistic. Oh and I love the way you think that because you took a logic class and think that the rest of us are pathetic, but remember you are the one that comes up with ignorant statements. Much good logic will do when majority of what is said is not true.

Look the sun comes up from the North and sets in the south. Much good using logic that will do to prove that that's true.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

I think you need to seriously consider your definition of the word fact. A 'fact' is something testable - not just your prediction (that's well before 'conclusion' in the scientific process), but something that has already been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Golly - this thread has certainly generated an opinion or two, after I thought the subject was a well beaten dead horse months ago.

I'm again bleary eyed trying to keep up. Conclusion - there will never be consensus, so let's all get drunk.

One thing first, though. DEFINITIONS.

I'm sure back there on page 2, 3 or 6 someone attempted to define "intelligence". I guess we're going to pursue the western world's defination of it, which usually means we must "test" for it, calculate it, publish it & call it IQ. If IQ implies an inate ability to achieve in ALL measurable categories, then Rob's contentions could prove correct - sort of.

Is "common sense" intelligence? Is lack of common sense stupidity? Is a dyslexic astrophysisist a moron? 30 years ago he would have been relegated to the school's dummy section, & taught janitorial skills 101. Point being we can't really nail this argument, because the criteria for measurement change with the psychobabble de joir (du joir?) Pardon my bad French - I'm a victim of '50s education.

Ron (I may be ignorant, but I'm fat).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Yep, you guys are all right, my experience with mac and PC users hadn't really happened, it was a figment of my overly active imagination.

Can we lock this topic now? It needs to die.

- Rob
Old 03-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Conclusion - there will never be consensus, so let's all get drunk.
Agreed.

- Rob
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: