Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2004, 11:26 AM

Hmmm in no specific order. The first one might get me killed...but oh well. <puts flame suit on>

1. Subaru - I don't like them because they are mostly ugly and always overpriced. Repairs are expensive and their dealer network and SOA suck *ss. I love my SVX. Only saving grace is the 05' legacy...that is a clean ride, I might to drop off my SVX for another overpriced expensive to repair service nightmare.

2. VW autogroup - Every car ugly, Every car slow, Every car overpriced.

3. Honda - Every trashcan wielding, 18 second (DEAR GOD THAT IS FAST! ) quarter mile time running, Double stack wielding, Neon sporting, VTEC bends the space time continium moron I blame solely on honda, on the other hand. They provide ridiculous entertainment for me when I put buslengths on them in my firebird which is in the process of getting a new badder engine.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:36 AM

i hate VW
i hate pontiac
i hate hondas

there are more...but i limit myself to three
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:19 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

the only thing i like about hondas and acuras are that they are fun to toy with

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 03-11-2004, 02:20 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by civic_slayer
the only thing i like about hondas and acuras are that they are fun to toy with
Dude you have to get rid of that Avatar... ImortalSuby had it first and I almost thought that you were him... Get somethingelse man... If ya have a picture that ya want someof us to photochop just send it and we'll make it avatar size... thanks

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-11-2004, 02:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottom Three

Quote:
Originally posted by KennEls

I have to admit that I did drive two good GM Holden's

One was a re-badged Toyota Corolla, Holden called it a Nova.

The other good Holden was a Holden Apollo, originally this car without the re-badging was called a Toyota Camry.

Other than those two I can't think of one that would compare with a motor car

Kenn

BTW The latest Ford XR6's and XR8's look like real cool cars. Must try and get a drive of one of them
I hear that!!! I'd love to get to drive one of the Falcon XR6 turbo's!!! I bet they are a blast!!! 4.0 lrt inline-6 turbo!!! Sweet

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-12-2004, 02:00 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottom Three

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

I hear that!!! I'd love to get to drive one of the Falcon XR6 turbo's!!! I bet they are a blast!!! 4.0 lrt inline-6 turbo!!! Sweet
Haven't heard or seen much on the 8's only word seems to be that they could be a little heavy (who cares). I've got a meeting next week with a Ford dealership regarding their licence to operate, very tempted Er umm could I just try one er just once or so

Kenn
Old 03-12-2004, 07:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottom Three

Quote:
Originally posted by KennEls

Haven't heard or seen much on the 8's only word seems to be that they could be a little heavy (who cares). I've got a meeting next week with a Ford dealership regarding their licence to operate, very tempted Er umm could I just try one er just once or so

Kenn
Won't they let ya test drive one?? Are they really uptight about testdrives where ya are??

Old 03-12-2004, 04:31 PM
SVX26517

1) Pontiac- I can't stand pontiac, they are peices of crap. enough said.

2)Saturn- When a ricer rices one out, that really sad. I drove one for my drivers test, and it was the biggest peice of crap i ve ever driven, and it was a SC1.

3)Chevy- Quality Quality, Quality, something they missed when making them. Same with the rest of the GM line, i guess thats why all my 3 are GM.

My .02
Old 03-14-2004, 04:11 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bottom Three

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Won't they let ya test drive one?? Are they really uptight about testdrives where ya are??

Depends on the size of the dealership and how many cars they have shifted. XR's seem to have a little waiting list, in particular the light blues, can take some serious BS to get them to hand over the keys. Tried some time ago to get a ride in a HSV Commodore (Dealers Demo!!!) almost had to buy the thing before the sales guy would hand over the keys. He then insisted on sitting in the passenger seat

Subaru dealers seem a little easier, haven't tried for a Petter STI yet, I suspect it will be the same with those. When I went for the SVX they let me have it for the Week end. 350 km's later I took it back. Nice to be trusted

Kenn
Old 03-14-2004, 07:09 AM
calmone

ANY gm product. years ago i bought one, had trannie problems out of warrenty. wrote and got a letter from the customer representative (so he claimed) saying, in essence, too bad, warrenty expired. six months later i see in the paper that gm admitted trannie problems with the car and would reimburse owners (like me) who paid to fix them. i went to the local dealer to see if the refund forms were there. i then called the guy who wrote the letter to me, and asked about the forms as the dealer only had part of the info. when i told him 'de seen the forms, he got a bit ticked off, told me i wasn't supposed to have seen the forms, that i was "ONLY A GM CUSTOMER". i told him no, i may be many things, but the one thing i no longer could be called was a gm customer. he then hung up on me.

so, i ain't never gonna but their s***.