Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-30-2003, 03:32 AM

Drive Day

What fun!

Shame we got a bit lost in the end but its good to know now that my car is capable of going through creeks!
I've just been putting my pics up and i realised that some people may not want me to put pics of their numberplate- if so please tell me and i'll take them off.
Top Day, THanks for making all the arrangements James & for hosting us at the barbie Martin.

Cheers, Michelle.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:59 AM

Had a great day and now have three-point-turns down pat. Well done James! Thank you for your hospitality Martin. Robert's photos are posted in my personal locker 'Photo' folder. If you would like any of them removed please let me know.

Best wishes to all,

Reece
Old 11-30-2003, 03:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Thumbs up Thanks for a great day!

Hi

Firstly, thank you to everyone who came. Reece, Sally and Robert - sorry you were sitting by the side of the Illawarra for so long - next time, we will do something down your way!

As for 3 point turns - I have to confess that the last time that I did this run I was following a number of cars at *ahem* a speed not wholly conducive to noticing that small turn off lanes rather than carrying on through the sweepers!!

And my profuse apologies to Michelle, Gordon and Arthur - we slowed down along the Illawarra and waited....tried the mobiles (mine was, by now, dead and I think I may have written Arthurs down wrongly (?) but no service...we bypassed the Macquarie Pass run and doubled back to Bowral since time was getting on.

I managed to get in contact with Michelle who was following Arthur and Gordon - they went down that lane where we *ahem...I mistakenly lead you!* but rather than turning around (after consulting the map!) kept going apparently because people thought I had chosen it because a dirt road (!)....to then find out there was a river crossing that they navigated under the assumption that the others had done it (which we had not since we weren’t there!) is just a classic!!! Michelle’s car was so dusty that I can only imagine what the others were like - I got Arthur’s message late last night when my phone was recharged that they were heading home via Albion Park

It must be said that for sheer dedication to SVXdom, Kienan, Reece + family, Paul and Chrissa and Anthony & Jenny take the cake for the sheer distances travelled

All in all, was great to see so many SVX’s in one place and I hope people had a good time - was a bit stressful at times in terms of directions but I don’t think we did too badly for an inaugural driveday as this was especially considering the number of cars

Michelle, Reece - those photos look excellent!! I am going to nurse my sunburn now!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 12-01-2003, 04:29 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Talking

Sunburn!!!

That's right, James, rub it in.

We have 2 inches of frost here, and he talks about sunburn.

Sounds like you guys had a whale of a time. Good on yer. Keep up the good work, and more people will be aware of what the SVX is.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-01-2003, 06:04 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Thumbs up Big Day Out!

Greetings fellow survivors
So many SVX's, so many drivers, so little time
Sorry you couldn't contact me James, I've got an ORANGE phone, it's cheap, but you get what you pay for, (limited coverage)
Got a little carried away with the dirt road and left poor Michelle behind, then decided to go down Jambaroo Pass (I now know all about brake fade with cheap pads)
Cudos to James on his organizational skills, and many thanks to Martin for his hospitality (expect an e-mail shortly)
[COLOR=sky-blue]As a side note, to those who were there talking to me about flying ultralights, follow the link below for info and if you're interested, I instruct on Saturdays so you can just turn up or make a booking for a trail flight ($60) and go from the lowest thing you can drive, to the highest

<http://www.auf.asn.au/clubs/club259.html>
Here's an overal shot of the lineup at Martin's place....
Arthur[/COLOR]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svxday.jpg (90.2 KB, 182 views)
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 12-01-2003, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Sunburn!!!

That's right, James, rub it in.

We have 2 inches of frost here, and he talks about sunburn.

Sounds like you guys had a whale of a time. Good on yer. Keep up the good work, and more people will be aware of what the SVX is.

Joe
If all goes to plan, we should be over there soonish complaining about frist and rain!!

Who knows, may be able to get an SVX and do a timetrial of the Ring of Kerry!!

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 12-02-2003, 05:48 PM
MisanthropyV

Hey all again,

James, thanks for organising a great day for Carissa and I, and everyone else that came to the meet. And thanks Martin for hosting the BBQ to round it off.
It was great meeting some other SVX lovers in the general area and look forward to more meets in nthe future.

I have posted some pics of the day in my folder. There are 24 of them, and each are about 300kb in size, so grab them when you have some time.

Also, as stated before, if anyone wants their number plate removed from the pics, or the entire photo removed altogether, reply back or email me at MisanthropyV@yahoo.com
(Some of the pics are great for backgrounds on desktops I think, especially '08 - My lady 2.jpg' , or is that just my bias???HEHE.)

Catch you all soon...

Paul Huthnance
Old 12-02-2003, 06:12 PM

Stunning photos!!!

How can I be expected to sell it now

Oh, for a Powerball win!!

PS: you classified Reece's as an import - any reason why??? (just curious)

Thanks

James

Old 12-02-2003, 07:16 PM
MisanthropyV

Reece said that it was a Japanese import, made in 1991 but is compliant with 1992 builds over here...apparently.

P.S. I think we should do the meet every 4 - 6 months from now on... Anyone else up for that?

Well at least I had a great time on those corners...

Catch you all soon..
Paul Huthnance
Old 12-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Financial Contributing Supporter
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Hi there,

Just to let people know on this thread, I have uploaded some more photos of the Sunday drive day to my locker.

Hope these amuse. It looks like it was a greatly appreciated major event on the NSW SVX calendar, judging by all the photos we took !

Thanks,

Blake
Old 12-03-2003, 02:25 AM

Ok you guys enough torture, I give in, I admit it "I am extremely, extremely jealous

Have any of you thought of contacting "arondale" and seeing if he wants to load any of your pix on his new web site?

Quote:
Originally posted by moyadon
Hi there,

Just to let people know on this thread, I have uploaded some more photos of the Sunday drive day to my locker.

Hope these amuse. It looks like it was a greatly appreciated major event on the NSW SVX calendar, judging by all the photos we took !

Thanks,

Blake
If you are planning another run how about one over a long weekend?

If you do, how about heading in a Northerly direction?

Could be that maybe some "Rough-Neck Northerners could head a bit South. (Might have to check our passports and re-entry visa's first though)

Kenn

Last edited by KennEls; 12-03-2003 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:26 AM

History of My Silver 2-Tone

Quote:
Originally posted by MisanthropyV
Reece said that it was a Japanese import, made in 1991 but is compliant with 1992 builds over here...apparently.

P.S. I think we should do the meet every 4 - 6 months from now on... Anyone else up for that?

Well at least I had a great time on those corners...

Catch you all soon..
Paul Huthnance
Paul,

Perhaps I didn't explain it properly or perhaps you may have misunderstood. My '92 2-tone was bought off the floor by its first owner from Wards Subaru in Melbourne in March '93. Its build date is October '91 and it arrived in Melbourne in January '92 so its compliance plate is dated January '92. I guess like most of the '92s it was originally a dealer executive company car/demo. Sorry for the confusion.

However, one thing we do agree on is that another meet in about the autumn timeframe would be just great!

Cheers,

Reece Polmear
Old 12-03-2003, 04:29 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Wow!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MisanthropyV
Hey all again,

James, thanks for organising a great day for Carissa and I, and everyone else that came to the meet. And thanks Martin for hosting the BBQ to round it off.
It was great meeting some other SVX lovers in the general area and look forward to more meets in nthe future.

I have posted some pics of the day in my folder. There are 24 of them, and each are about 300kb in size, so grab them when you have some time.

Also, as stated before, if anyone wants their number plate removed from the pics, or the entire photo removed altogether, reply back or email me at MisanthropyV@yahoo.com
(Some of the pics are great for backgrounds on desktops I think, especially '08 - My lady 2.jpg' , or is that just my bias???HEHE.)

Catch you all soon...

Paul Huthnance
Thanks Paul,

Great pix.

A question: the "immaculate '92" and your car, are they the same red? Have not seen that colour here. What is it called?

I do have pics from Japanese website of a crashed one. Looks a bit darker than yours, but I expect that it's the same, digital imaging is not too accurate.

lovely cars,

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-03-2003, 06:10 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx

If all goes to plan, we should be over there soonish complaining about frist and rain!!

Who knows, may be able to get an SVX and do a timetrial of the Ring of Kerry!!
Who is Kerry?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 12-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by KennEls
Ok you guys enough torture, I give in, I admit it "I am extremely, extremely jealous

Have any of you thought of contacting "arondale" and seeing if he wants to load any of your pix on his new web site?

If you are planning another run how about one over a long weekend?

If you do, how about heading in a Northerly direction?

Could be that maybe some "Rough-Neck Northerners could head a bit South. (Might have to check our passports and re-entry visa's first though)

Kenn
Yes Kenn, I would second that, Pick up Pete Alex on the way down, I'll meet you at Coffs and head south.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: