Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-26-2003, 04:23 AM

Who has a red svx?

This afternoon i was driving toward epping road coming from the harbour bridge on the freeway (what is it called?) ... hmm that isn't a very good explaination of where i was. anyway was at a standstill and was gazing out my window over the concrete barrier when.... OLAA!! a red svx coming the other way.

My heart skipped a beat and my arm shot out the window as i started madly waving but i don't know if they saw me and unfortunately i couldn't chase them because the barrier was waist height. (Did you see me?)

wow, it really made my day....am i becoming obsessed?

Any idea who it was? Looked like a 95 and was very clean

Mosholl
Old 11-26-2003, 03:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Hi

I imagine you did not get a rego??

I know of only one red SVX in Sydney and it was for sale recently....I initially test drove it 4.5 years ago when it was still a 'young' and very expensive thing!!

Thats not to say that there is not more but adding up how many were sold in 1995/6/7 and then subtracting the ones we know about, then eliminating colours, there is not too many!!

Flat in the left rear tire - not happy

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 11-27-2003, 12:28 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Red SVX?

G'Day Moshol,
Sorry, wasn't me, but be aware there is Red and then there is Red
A common color for a lot of SVX's is Burgundy, which is a bit darker and on the SVX's is metallic.
Mine is Burgundy as is Blake's and another I often see in the Macquarie area
If you spot one, try to catch the rego, unless you actually want to chuck a quick handbrake turn and chase them as James does
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 11-27-2003, 04:41 AM

Hi Arthur

I'm positive it was red as in red red. I think it could have been the 'red svx96' that is in a locker but due to the concrete barrier i was unable to see the rego. Does any1 know where the owner of that one lives if its still the same owner?- it has black & white NSW plates (the locker pic does).

Hey James did your tyre have a hole in it? I recall you were filling them up on our mini meet

I still havn't ordered my plates because my card declined and i just started a new job so waiting for the fortnightly pay to kick in ...... wish i could have them for weekend Kiama action awww. Asked dad for an early Christmas present but he also declined.

I can't seem to make the inside windscreen clean. Its like it has a film of something that catches the light on it. I cleaned it with windex glass cleaner when i polished it and the problem has arisen since then. Its heaps annoying when you drive and sunlight or headlights at night reflect off the glass and distort your view from the circles of errr whatever it is. Wow, i can't believe how many car complaints i've had since i found this site!

Cheers, Moshol
Old 11-27-2003, 06:17 AM
'E'

Hey Moshol

You should check your heater/air con for fluid leaks, this can cause hazey windscreens.

'E'
Old 11-28-2003, 03:08 AM

Windex

Hi

Windex can leave a film on your windows, also some household cleaners can really muck up any tints on the inside of your windows. Have a look for proper car windscreen cleaners and wipe of using newspaper. I think if everything else fails you could try a mix of vinegar and water. (Downside of this is that your cars interior starts smelling like a fish and chip shop, then every time that you look in your rear view mirror you catch glimpses of Pauline Hanson)

Have you ever used Amoral on the top of your dash? Sometimes this can fog things up

Kenn
Old 12-14-2003, 05:19 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

It was probably me...

Well, I have been doing a few miles lately and I am guessing it was me. BTW I saw a green SVX on Friday at McGraths Hill around 5pm. Any takers?
Old 12-14-2003, 05:59 AM

Not many of the green ones around - did you get the number plate??

I saw a white/black one on Anzac Parade yesterday and although beeping and flashing lights, no response

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 12-17-2003, 04:19 PM

Hey Ken

This is a very late reply as my work internet has not been working and i have been avoiding the computer at home i used leather conditioner on the dash and cleaned the window with windex glass cleaner.......the problem is still present so i would say its a combo of those but i'll dig out some fish & chips condiments.

Have a top Christmas everyone! am i keen for another cruise? yes

Red 96 svx (sorry i don't know your name).... what part of Sydney are you in? i'm pretty sure i saw you but it was a while back now & as far as i know i haven't been through McGraths hill.... you'll have to join the next cruise and reunite with your long lost car relos

Cheers, Moshol
Old 12-17-2003, 10:07 PM

I agree, we should do another meet soon!!

My car is now on carsales.com.au and also in drive.com.au so if you know of anyone seeking an SVX with 4 (yes, four!!) brand new tires, send them my way!!

I saw a claret/burgandy 92-94 series SVX in the Milsons Point carpark adjacnet to the station a few days ago - could not miss the black roof but could not see the rego

Cheers

James

Old 01-03-2004, 10:08 PM
MisanthropyV

WHAT!!!

You can seriously be selling your SVX!

What's the world comming to when people feel the need to sell their SVXs!
Old 01-04-2004, 04:55 PM

Unfortunately true -- Cass and I are thinking of working oveseas for a year and so the SVX has got to go.....very very sad

PS: did you get my SMS re the grill removal??? Appears only to be a few nuts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: