SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2014, 11:39 AM

Registered SVX
6spd wiring question

I've ran into a snag of what some of the plugs are on the transmission
from what i've found from some useful information are the plugs for the reverse light and neutral safety (labled in black)
but the unknowns are in Red

if anyone can help. i'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg q1.jpg (477.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg question.jpg (541.0 KB, 88 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Re: 6spd wiring question

It looks like someone has already added a 5mt wiring harness on there plugged into the reverse and neutral switches. I would pull that harness off from the white and black switches to the front and only use the 6mt harness.

The two at your hand should be plugged into sensors on the left of the transmission which match the colors, which are reverse and neutral. They go to the front with a large connector which also has the DCCD wires in it. The other harness on the left with the grey 4-pin connector runs to the front with a similar grey 4-pin connector and is just an O2 sensor extension for the rear O2.

So there should only be 2 connectors at the front of the transmission, a large connector with 6 or 8 pins (can't remember currently) and a smaller grey 4-pin connector for the rear O2 sensor extension. When I did mine I used the body side connector for the large plug (from an STi) and wired the neutral and reverse switches in from there. This way if I choose to run a DCCD controller in the future I can wire it into the plug also. I also took the O2 sensor harness off because I do not have a rear O2 sensor. If you need I can try and hunt down the wiring colors for the reverse and neutral switches, but you can also follow them over from the two switches.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:35 PM

Registered SVX

Since this thread already exists, if Gamesy does not mind how is the clutch pedal, to keep the car from starting without the clutch being pushed in, get wired?
Old 03-08-2014, 04:40 PM

The clutch pedal gets wired into the SVX body neutral switch from in the car. The neutral switch on the 6mt does not get used. The reverse switch gets wired into the SVX body also.

Also unplug the key interlock box from the car completely so you can remove the key heh.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Registered SVX

actually both my neutral safety and reverse lights are wired to toggle switches.
when i had the 5spd i was in too much of a rush to wire it.

the reverse lights on a switch is fun though because it helps me get tailgaters off my ass. tap the brakes and hit the reverse lights. they will leave you alone