SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Interesting Subaru video with glimpse of SVX concept

There's a lot of SVX goodness scattered in this video. Just fascinating! And the window-in-window design on a Wagon? Now that's bizarre! Very cool to finally see the computer concept in the SVX on video! even if it is only for a minute. Some of you may remember seeing the magazine scans from Jamsvx Geocities site of the central computer unit. I had no idea they were aiming for driving assist to that extent, what a crazy idea. Then, if you forward to 8:30ish, you'll see the Green-Air SVX concept. A whopping 15 seconds of show time but still cool to see. Wonder where that car is today... somewhere in Japan I'm sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StbG...0&feature=plcp

Some other videos reveal the Sagres that apparently Subaru was toying with, looks like another luxury idea they had in mind but ultimately led me on to the 1987 Subaru F-624 Estremo (what's up with the long weird jet fighter name is beyond me) that seems to share a lot of design elements that would later find their way onto the SVX.

http://www.carstyling.ru/de/car/1987...f_624_estremo/

Last edited by Subix; 09-04-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: e
Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 PM

Re: Interesting Subaru video with glimpse of SVX concept

Ahh yes. Memories Overseas, most car manufactures dont give their cars names like we have in Europe and the States. They just dont see a point in it. Most cars are simply assigned a number and a series letter. For some reason, we Love to give our cars exciting names. Then a badge that lists what its displacement is. Then a badge to tell us if its awd or 4wd, if it has a turbo, what its trim level is. Hell, in the 90's a cars trunk was covered will all these badges. In Japan, China, Korea, Sweden and quite a few German manufactures, is was just "3005H" with the manufacture logo. To this day, a great deal of Japan only cars are badged this way. But a sexy name sells better
Old 09-05-2012, 04:38 AM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
Re: Interesting Subaru video with glimpse of SVX concept

I loved the shots of the amadaeus. Its nice to have my theories confirmed. It WAS a rebodied SVX. From the EG33, to the (jdm) 4 wheel steering, and the dash is a direct lift from the SVX.
Had an Amadaeus like wagon been developed , i think Subaru would have profited from the development work on the SVX.
Nice find boss!!
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.