Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-04-2007, 10:27 AM
building more AK47's

BUT fuel prices can affect ANY product even though they have been coming down. Right now dairy products are higher because of the late frost and drought which in turn has affected of all things hay. This industry relies heavily on this. Im not a fan of Bush or our CURRENT government they are all responsible for the Iraq problem democrats and republicans. I am wondering why a gallon of milk costs $5.50(tennesee) and we have some of the highest sales taxes. We have this retarded 'tax holiday" so we can buy school supplies without being taxed for any of it. WHere in the hell does al this money go?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I thought twice about posting here, might have to move to 'political' thread.

My daughters playhouse was constructed out of wood skids and privacy fence. I used osb on the inside and allowed any nails, staples, screws, that were neccessary to put anything that the kid wanted on the walls.
She 'lost interest' after a year or 2 so it became a bunny hutch, then a mower shed, and then was torn down and the parts used to make a 2 story dog house.
Kids grow fast and interests change. Take it easy on yourself and look to 'future' uses, since kids grow every day.
Build your motorcycle shed and paint it pink! Then you can paint it whatever you want when she doesn't need it anymore!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Speaking of idiots--seems some don't even understand English. In the link I see words like, "could", "might", etc. Seems to be a speculative article to me with no basis for fact. Some "smaller suppliers have been contacted" about building supplies?????? Nothing shows the "cause and effect" that my wall hide donating friend seems to think exists. I still stand by my statements about prices tracking building starts. Tons of proof that is the cause---like I said any idiot can figure that out by just a few minutes of research--maybe I should have said "most idiots".

Oh by the way--even if significant lumber for Iraq was bought it would mostly have been from suppliers in Africa and Asia to save on shipping costs. Again, considering the small amount versus millions of housing start demands there would be little, if any, impact on domestic prices. Questions--how much plywood do we buy from China? (answer might surprise you) Where does most of our domestic lumber come from?

Admit it--you just bashed Bush again because of your political beliefs for something he had nothing to do with.

Lee

No I bash Bush because he's a horrible president. I bashed Clinton just as much for his lack of focus on foreign policy but at least he had 1 front he was somewhat successful on.

You're the idiot Lee if you do not understand that the Pentagon placed an order for 660,000 sheets of plywood from our friends from the north the same month that we went into Iraq. It is in the budget my friend. Just with every war the cost of buidling materials increases. We get about 5% of our lumber from China nationwide. Most of their supply goes to Japan. As for your theory on building starts which is just that a half cocked theory. More building supplies tend to be used when the housing market slows as people stay put but do renovations. That is fact, not theory.

There has never been an American war in which wood prices did not rise, Iraq is not an exception to that, even the Spanish American War let to an artifical rise in building materials.

Oh and no, we do not get anything but hardwood from Africa. Not that we couldn't but the Pentagon doesn't like change. They go to their past sources.

1/2 OSB the weeks prior to Iraq $7ish.
1/2 OSB the weeks after the start of Iraq $15ish a sheet.

Nuff said my friend if you don't like the truth that isn't my problem. If you don't have a suggestion on a wall for my daughter's playhouse. Again, WHY ARE YOU HEAR. Don't you have some Rush to listen to while on pain pills?

Oh yeah and should Republicans have the guts to put a real man forward this coming election year, there is finally one I'd vote for that is running for President, then I'd vote Republican, just as I have plenty of times in the past. FYI I've never voted for a Democrat in my life either. Politics and truth are two very funny things. You make plenty of assumptions but reality just doesn't jive with your fuzzy math.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Siren of the Pleiades

Send a message via AIM to SUBBYRU89
Okay..this thread is about the playhouse/shed not politics soooooooooo..to get on with it!

Ben do you have pics of this playhouse? Dave told me it's quite large.

I'm not a builder so I have no input for the interior. I was thinking however, that you can paint 1 wall with that chalkboard paint and let Evie draw away.
'89 XT6 Pearl White~JuiceBox (Project)
'92 SVX BoverP~Peej (Down for the moment) 1st Stage II trans installed by AWD,15 & 20 min mods,...
Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBBYRU89
Okay..this thread is about the playhouse/shed not politics soooooooooo..to get on with it!
It SHOULD have been only about the playhouse/shed, but the originator made it political on first post.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:

Ben do you have pics of this playhouse? Dave told me it's quite large.

I'm not a builder so I have no input for the interior. I was thinking however, that you can paint 1 wall with that chalkboard paint and let Evie draw away.
I use flat black primer and wash off the chalk with a damp sponge.

Ya need to come back to Cumberland! Ain't seen ya since you took those pics of me beating up that poor XT at the airport!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 08-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Siren of the Pleiades

Send a message via AIM to SUBBYRU89
I do need to swing by...promised Liar (OT) and D a visit There's always a meet at there pad

Wait...Ben...she's got heat/AC in a playhouse? Holy crap! Adopt me now!
'89 XT6 Pearl White~JuiceBox (Project)
'92 SVX BoverP~Peej (Down for the moment) 1st Stage II trans installed by AWD,15 & 20 min mods,...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I do need to swing by...promised Liar (OT) and D a visit There's always a meet at there pad

Wait...Ben...she's got heat/AC in a playhouse? Holy crap! Adopt me now!
Of course she'll have heat and AC as needed. Do you really think she'll wanna hang out with her friends, smoke pot and make out with boys in it if it didn't. Problem with chaulkboard paint is that it needs a smooth surface such as drywall, drywall in a usage based heat/cooled building will develop moisture which in turn would lead to mold. I'd love for a chalkboard wall but I don't think that would happen!

VOTE RON PAUL 08!
OWNER OF THE FASTEST NA SVX WITHOUT THE NEED FOR AN * BEHIND OUR RECORD!

Right Barry!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:35 PM

Outside is done save a window flower box for the side window. Interior is still well walless.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...bob/Playhouse/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: