Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 AM

Registered SVX
JDM Left Hand Drive VL With 4ws! FOR SALE

Hiya Guys,

I have come across probably the rarest of all SVX's!

A 93 JDM VL with the 4WS thats come up for sale in Japan.
The car was special order for a either an senior manager in Subaru or one of there associated companies, the reason it was left hand drive was so the driver could actually get out of the car onto the curb in Tokyo traffic!

Its in Mica Black with Full black leather, Airbag, rear air purifier, 12 track cd changer & a sunroof! its done 90,700 KM which is 57,000 miles, has full history in Japanese, origional floor mats & totally standard, they are saying it has a very small mark on the driverside rear bumper corner, no damage but will paint ok.

Its going for just under $9000 in your money & ready for shipping from the 30th April.

If anyone is interested let me know ASAP & I will pass your details on.
Only serious and genuine people please, these are people I do alot of business with and whom my own car came through and I do not want them messed around & it looking bad on my relationship with them.

Regards
Darren.

11/94 SVX Alcyone, Mica Black, VL Spec 4WS, 71K Miles, 1 owner from new & was part of a private car collection in Japan.

Nissan R34 Skyline Stagea

91 Lotus Elan SE Turbo

1966 MGB Roadster, Tarten Red, Wire Wheels, Leather, 23K miles from new

You can tell the men from the boys from the speed of their toys.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Network Design Administrator

Drooooooooooooooooool
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:06 PM

Registered SVX
Having plenty of evidence regarding imports from Japan, I would say that even if that is fob (free on board price), it is very steep. The evidence is that 4WS models are discounted on the Japanese market, due to concerns with repair costs.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:48 AM

Registered SVX
Hi Trevor,

I would have to disagree with you on that one, I have been importing cars from Japan to the UK since 1999 as my business & pretty much know the market.

An average SVX is making upwards of 700,000 yen in the auctions and a good grade 4 car over 1 million. Plus the fact where else are you going to find a left hand drive VL in grade 4.5, for a unique car I dont see it being overpriced.

Darren

11/94 SVX Alcyone, Mica Black, VL Spec 4WS, 71K Miles, 1 owner from new & was part of a private car collection in Japan.

91 Lotus Elan SE Turbo

Old 04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Lover of Alcyones

*drools* I wanna see some pics

Had:
91 xt auto awd(lt blue)
85 xt 4wd turbo 5sp(blue/white)
86 xt 2wd turbo 5sp(black)
85 xt 4wd turbo 5sp(silver/white)
89 xt AWD 5sp (white)
85 xt 4wd turbo 5 sp sold to Zukiru (silver)
86 xt turbo 2wd 5sp (silver/black)
Old 04-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstanley
I wanna see some pics
Seconded. Photos requested!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:43 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren
Hi Trevor,

I would have to disagree with you on that one, I have been importing cars from Japan to the UK since 1999 as my business & pretty much know the market.

An average SVX is making upwards of 700,000 yen in the auctions and a good grade 4 car over 1 million. Plus the fact where else are you going to find a left hand drive VL in grade 4.5, for a unique car I dont see it being overpriced.

Darren
Darren your comments are interesting.

What is the duty rate applicable in respect of used cars entering the UK and what price would the car in question fetch today, on your market? Do you have any facility whereby used cars are imported from Japan in bulk as it were, on special car transporting vessels as we do?

I would think that there would be no rush of buyers at all, if the car was offered here at NZ$10,000. Say Stg.3,700. At a net cost price ex auction in Japan of Yen 700,000, say NZ$8,000 things do not add up.

It would appear that either N.Z. importers are very astute, or you are not buying on the right market.

Have a look here, as well as at other listings. --

<http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-95239880.htm>

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:28 AM

Registered SVX
Hi Trevor,

I can't really see your point in comparing 2 countries on opposite sides of the world to be honest.

I also take a degree of offence & insult to your comments regarding my business acumen.
Quote:
It would appear that either N.Z. importers are very astute, or you are not buying on the right market.
I have been in the motor industry since the age of 14 in family dealerships and have been importing vehicles from Japan very successfully through my own company since early 1999.
I believe your background is electronics NOT vehicle import/export/retail, how dare you even begin to make assumptions on a my business & a market you are not even involved in or even on the same continent as!.

The info was placed on here if someone in the left hand drive world may have been interested in a virtually unique vehicle with an interesting history and for my money a future investment.
I have no financial interest in the vehicle and only offering to put any interested parties in touch and they conclude there own deal.
I do not expect to be personally criticised for offering info.

From many of the posts I have read from you & talking to other members, it appears you have self appointed yourself the oracle and granddaddy of all things SVX world-wide. Your comments and opinions are often offensive, rude, disruptive and in a fair few cases wrong.

Your comments and opinions warrant no further response from me on this site.

It will certainly be the last time I offer information on JDM cars or parts on the site again.

http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/detail.aspx?id=98677

http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/detail.aspx?id=98678

http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/detail.aspx?id=98676

http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/detail.aspx?id=98675

They are from a wholesale company & auction supplier & not even FOB let alone shipped!

Darren

91 Lotus Elan SE Turbo

Old 04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Version L markets.

So far as I know, the only market where version L[with 4WS] was offered was the Japanese home market. As the home market is RHD, than all Version L cars I have ever seen or heard of have been RHD.

So this LHD car could well be the only one in existence. In which case, for rarity value alone, it is probably worth the money Darren mentions here.

For anybody in the USA, it has to be worth a lot for rarity value. Compared to the US domestic model, it has full-time AWD gearbox that US cars never got [called VTD-AWD by the Japanese]

It also has the motorised 4 wheel steering, not just the passive steering as on the majority of cars. This motorised rear steering was dropped after 92, as there was buyer resistance in Japan, they did not like the complexity.

K-Staff regularly sell cars in Japan, low kilometres cars, for more than that price. Personally, if I was in the US or Canada, I would snap that car up. A bargain as I see it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
It will certainly be the last time I offer information on JDM cars or parts on the site again.
Please do not be sour. Don't live life for the turkeys, as it were. Or was it, don't let one bad... something... sour the milk? Grah, I can't remember!

In any case, it would be quite a bit of a loss for someone with access to rare import cars to just stop offering information on a site which tries its best to be the one-stop site for the Subaru SVX. Please stick around.

And interesting, on that third link... I was going to do a similar R32 front end on my car... Darn Japanese, always beating me to the punch.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
Please do not be sour. Don't live life for the turkeys, as it were. Or was it, don't let one bad... something... sour the milk? Grah, I can't remember!

In any case, it would be quite a bit of a loss for someone with access to rare import cars to just stop offering information on a site which tries its best to be the one-stop site for the Subaru SVX. Please stick around.

And interesting, on that third link... I was going to do a similar R32 front end on my car... Darn Japanese, always beating me to the punch.
Its don'tlet one bad apple ruin the barrel. And Darren from a real ALCYONE LUNATIC your post is very well composed and appreciated. Had I not bought all the ones I currently own I would SOOO buy this one! Not a bad price to have in the US; since people are selling OEM ones for higher prices than this!

former:
1991 4wd XT6 5sp. (SUBDUED)
Old 04-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Headed to Texas...

Why is it that anytime a SVX is offered for sale on this site or a reference is made to any SVX for sale, that certain members think it is their sacred duty to tell us how unworthy it is, except at perhaps a salvage price? Incredible.

Personally, my interest is in this car itself. It indeed sounds like a one-of-a-kind SVX, surely worth more interest than quibbling about what price it would fetch in this market or that. WHO CARES? Hey Trevor - wouldn't you like to learn a little more about this vehicle? I'd LOVE to see some pictures and get some more info on this beauty!

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
After being involved with the market of the 92 JDM LHD car that I am still in the process of purchasing (I will pick it up in the next couple of days) I have found out that it is almost impossible to get one into the states unless it is at least 15 years old. This one is a 93 if I remember right and it may not be able to be brought into the States or Canada until 2008. I could be wrong, but it really looks that way now. This seems to be a very rare car. I think it is great to find out about the different versions that are out there even if someone isn't able to buy them. Thanks for posting the information.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:

I also take a degree of offence & insult to your comments regarding my business acumen.

The info was placed on here if someone in the left hand drive world may have been interested in a virtually unique vehicle with an interesting history and for my money a future investment.

I do not expect to be personally criticised for offering info.

Darren
Darren:

Keep the faith. Many of us relish all the information we can get on models and options which were not available in our home markets. I for one would miss your posts.
Please don't let one individual spoil the party. With 1500 members you're bound to bump into someone who rubs you the wrong way. I'd suggest you and Trevor agree to disagree, but don't leave the party.