Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-24-2006, 04:40 PM

I bought the bearings from my local Subaru dealership to be on the safe side. I think Motorsport Warehouse sells an alternate bearing that they claim has a longer lifespan. $20 more apiece, but if they do last longer, that might be worth it. Maybe some of the members who've been around longer know whether these are a good option. As far as the grease goes, I just went to NAPA and picked up some Valvoline Syntec general bearing grease (after trying 3 other auto parts stores that didn't carry any synthetic grease - you might have to search around some). As long as it's synthetic, you should be fine.

On a sidenote, the service manager at the Subaru dealership here (Winston-Salem NC) dates one of the technicians there... she claims he's got an ebony with over 250K miles on it... this I'd love to see! I left the url for the site with her to give him, we'll see if he shows up.

92 LS-L Ebony/Lqd. Silver, stock, 88xxx miles, flung into a telephone pole by a drunk a month after buying

92 LS-L midnight black 141xxx miles, WRX FPR, MAF bypass, lightened underdrive pulley, formerly AppstateSVX's