How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Bipa

Oopsies!

So-called Internet Virgin, Geoff, is pictured at his high school graduation with then-girlfriend Emily who has shot down his web tale of sexual woe.

We did it: Gal pal
Web virgin's ex says site may be 'stunt'
By BRIAN GRAY, TORONTO SUN

The Internet virgin is not so innocent, said the woman he claims was his fiancee.

A man named Geoff launched a website at the beginning of the month alerting browsers that he needed 5 million hits on the site before the end of May so that he could have sex for the first time in his 25 years.

"It's a lie," said Emily, who called the Toronto Sun after her sister showed her yesterday's edition. "I think it must all be a publicity stunt."

Emily didn't want to get into details but confirmed the pair did have intercourse -- more than once.

"This is all kind of embarrassing -- I'm really kind of frazzled after seeing it on the front page," she said. "But I saw it and it just isn't true."

Emily and Geoff -- both their last names are being withheld at their request -- started dating in March 2001 when the pair were at Parkside High School in Dundas, she said.

The couple eventually lived together for about five months before they broke up in January 2004.

But she said they were never engaged and that she didn't cheat on him as Geoff claims.

Geoff confirmed that Emily was the fiancee he is talking about, but said he has no idea why she would say his story is bogus.

"I don't know why she'd say that," Geoff said. "I'm sticking to it."

On his website, Geoff explains that he was 22 when he learned his fiancee was cheating on him, despite their promise to refrain from sex until their marriage.

He was so devastated, he swore off dating for three years.

Geoff said a bar bet led to the website that now bears his mug and the plea to help him break his sexual shutout.

His story goes that a 21-year-old friend named Jen promised to help him lose his virginity if he could get 5 million hits on the site in 30 days.

News media outlets in the United States have picked up the story, and blogs around the world are directing surfers to the site to help the would-be innocence claimant get a little experience.

Emily, who says she is now happy and dating someone else, said she initiated the break-up because "we were just going in different directions." At the age of 19, she felt it was time to move on.

The pair have had some contact since they broke up. In fact, Geoff has had her computer for about the last two months because he is fixing it for her, she said.

"If you had asked me two days ago, I would have said he was a really nice guy," Emily said.

But now she isn't so sure.

"I think someone has put him up to this," she said.

"He is very shy, but you can tell that from his pictures."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 17, 2006

'Virgin' exposed as hoax
Story was a viral marketing ploy gone wrong
By Toronto Sun Staff

A group of Toronto friends are behind an Internet hoax that resulted in more than 20 fake interviews with North American media outlets, but fell apart after The Sun exposed problems with their story.

Etobicoke web designer Matthew Gamble, 24, confessed today that the plight of Geoff the Internet virgin was just a viral marketing experiment that got far too out of hand.

While Geoff is real, his story that he needed five million hits on his web site in 30 days in order to sleep with a platonic friend is a big lie.

A message of apology now appears on the web site that caused the media frenzy, avirginsplea.com.

"I apologize to the people of Toronto and everyone from around the world who saw our site," the statement reads. "We did not expect this idea to go so far, and the real connections so many of the visitors to the site made to 'Geoff's' story has made this experience especially difficult."
Old 05-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I wonder if the republicans are going to impeach him?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 05-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

i wonder how much emily got for selling the story to a tabloid.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
i wonder how much emily got for selling the story to a tabloid.
bou' two-fitty

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: