Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Question Does anyone know anything about Legacy brand stereos?

I'm thinking about getting one but can't find any reviews on it.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...productid=6521

what do you guys think? I figure for $200 it couldn't hurt to test it out.

~Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan
I'm thinking about getting one but can't find any reviews on it.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...productid=6521

what do you guys think? I figure for $200 it couldn't hurt to test it out.

~Ray

looks like a lot of features for $200, but then again, quality would be suspect. isn't Legacy one of those brands you see at swap meets and flea markets, along with Pyramid and Coby? i guess it couldn't hurt to try it at that price, though....

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
See, thats what i thought. Functionality sounds good but i haven't been able to see one in person so i don't know what the screen looks like. It could be as crisp as my PSP, or as crappy as my dad 1980 portable TV.

By and by though, for $200, its certainly worth a try. Kuo said that he has a legacy amp that has been working great for him for years, so thats one kudo for them i guess.

I'll deliberate a few more days and if i get it, i'll let you guys know how it works out. In the mean time, if anyone has any thoughts, please feel free to share.

~Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Hater

Quote:
See, thats what i thought. Functionality sounds good but i haven't been able to see one in person so i don't know what the screen looks like. It could be as crisp as my PSP, or as crappy as my dad 1980 portable TV.

By and by though, for $200, its certainly worth a try. Kuo said that he has a legacy amp that has been working great for him for years, so thats one kudo for them i guess.

I'll deliberate a few more days and if i get it, i'll let you guys know how it works out. In the mean time, if anyone has any thoughts, please feel free to share.

~Ray
only problem i see is that it doesn't list any inputs, other than memory card/USB - an MP3 player would not be able to be controlled, just charged and audio, if it would even work at all. might only work for USB thumb drives. it definitely wouldn't work with an iPod.

why are you looking at this anyway? the bling? that screen is going to be too small to really watch anything on, and the audio (which you probably will be using the thing for 99% of the time) is probably not going to be as good as a better known brand. now that i think about it, i'd probably recommend against it, unless you have some need for those features that i'm not thinking of.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX
Well, my primary reason for it is to play MP3's off a DVD. My last unit I still had to swap the disk once in a while, but if i could fill up a DVD, that would last me i think. I wasn't too concerned about any additional inputs as I dont' have an ipod, but it does have an SD card slot, which is also what my MP3 player uses so i could just swap that back and forth if i wanted to.

Thats why i'm not really all that concerned about the screen. It'll look cool, which is about the only thing I'd want it for. This isn't going into the SVX by the way. For Samantha i'm going to get the kenwood 7" double din touch screen w/navigation. This little unit i'm going to put in the Acura just so i can listen to MP3's on road trips so i don't really want to spend a lot of $$. Just looking for something to get me by that looks sorta cool and has decent functionality.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Hater

Quote:
Well, my primary reason for it is to play MP3's off a DVD. My last unit I still had to swap the disk once in a while, but if i could fill up a DVD, that would last me i think. I wasn't too concerned about any additional inputs as I dont' have an ipod, but it does have an SD card slot, which is also what my MP3 player uses so i could just swap that back and forth if i wanted to.

Thats why i'm not really all that concerned about the screen. It'll look cool, which is about the only thing I'd want it for. This isn't going into the SVX by the way. For Samantha i'm going to get the kenwood 7" double din touch screen w/navigation. This little unit i'm going to put in the Acura just so i can listen to MP3's on road trips so i don't really want to spend a lot of $$. Just looking for something to get me by that looks sorta cool and has decent functionality.
i see - i guess that thing would work just fine, then.

we'll need some pics of the SVX with the touchscreen nav when you get it in.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX
Talking

will do. I'll have to decide if i'm going to do the mechanical work that she needs first or if i'll go ahead and get the stereo. If i get the stereo first i'll get some pics and let you know

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: