How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
I was told that the Christians are sold into slavery for as low as $15.

WHAT???????? who's that *&%&^%*(&^ media which said so??? no slavery whatsoever in the Middle East, either in Syria or Lebanon or any other country. You just have workerd, like Egyptian workers in Lebanon.

I mentioned before that we own a parking lot over here (once was a used cars dealership), we have an Egyptian worker handling the organization of cars there, he gets $350 as a monthly salary, which is way better than what he gets in his own country... His older brother came in 1989 and starting working for us, made some money for 8 years and then went back to Egypt and got married and settled down. then came the middle brother and stayed for 2 years until we kicked him out when we caught him stealing. In 2000 came the younger brother and turned out to be a very nice and honest guy, till now.

So NO SLAVERY, JUST WORKERS...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
As for Israeli troops directly working along with not only the Maronite Lebanese Militias but also Syrian troops I highly doubt not because I think that Israelis would never work with Syrians but because your typical Syrian would want to work with an Israeli. However, even though I do believe that the IDF did provide artilary support for the militias it seems they were on a need not to know basis on what exactly the militia were doing, they simply hired them to do a job and never told them how to accomplish it. But that still makes it a new low or large scare on Israel's reputation which will probably never be removed. As for Israelis electing a monster for their latest prime minister, I guess they figured it takes one to know one (as in one militarist influenced governing body dealing with another) and somehow considering the current situation I actually agree. However, if you provide for me an article or more detailed account of how Israel more closely worked with the Maronite Militia then my opinion maybe swayed on that issue.
Weebitob, do you think that the Israeli's and Syrians have issues about the Golan desert??? YOU ARE HIGHLY WRONG man. The Syrians never care about that useless desert... if so they must make a fuss out of it as we did when we were backed afterwards by USA to pressure the Syrians to leave our country.

The Christians militias were asked by the Israelis to wipe out that area of Sabra and Chatila but the latters also were fighting side by side along with the syrians in the camps. As for the documentation to prove this, sorry I cannot provide any, because there was a lawsuit as I mentioned earlier about the massacres of those camps, and the "used to be" leader of the Militia named Elie Hobeika, was about to testify WITH FACTS about what I stated but he was assasinated (he went to pieces in a huge blast) just few days before his court date in Geneva... I wish he left some sort of documentation behind... Oh God, wait, this guy has a website I was told out where he put all scandals in, I never saw it, let me ask a friend of mine if he knows the WWW of it... get back to you...

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:05 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
All of it seems believable except for Syrians working directly with Israelis, even though they would be working agaist a common enemy. However, then there is the fact that Syria pretty much let Hizbullah and even Hamas attack Israeli positions and how they let the former Hamas leader settle in Damascus, yet the Hagana didn't seem to have a hard time assassinating him. Not to mention the accusation by Israelis of Syria helping out with this suicide bombing. But then again almost every Arab nation's government has publicly loved yet privately hated the Palestinians but still help them and another thing is that politics pretty much change like the wind, even when there are multible wind currents. I just think that IDF were not sent in but rather participated in a more long distance role such as shelling or bombing considering even at that time it would create bad press in the west

I swear I have as much of an easy time as you finding links to articles on the Middle East that I want, I think western press and governments from the middle east to west pretty much want to keep most in the dark.

Last edited by Weebitob; 02-15-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
how about "Killzone:Middle East"?
i'd buy 2 copies
Old 02-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
All of it seems believable except for Syrians working directly with Israelis, even though they would be working agaist a common enemy. However, then there is the fact that Syria pretty much let Hizbullah and even Hamas attack Israeli positions and how they let the former Hamas leader settle in Damascus, yet the Hagana didn't seem to have a hard time assassinating him. Not to mention the accusation by Israelis of Syria helping out with this suicide bombing. But then again almost every Arab nation's government has publicly loved yet privately hated the Palestinians but still help them and another thing is that politics pretty much change like the wind, even when there are multible wind currents. I just think that IDF were not sent in but rather participated in a more long distance role such as shelling or bombing considering even at that time it would create bad press in the west

I swear I have as much of an easy time as you finding links to articles on the Middle East that I want, I think western press and governments from the middle east to west pretty much want to keep most in the dark.
Weebitob, the whole issue is that you are mixing dates, I am talking about the era between the 70's and 80's, the Israelis and Syrians were running neck in neck. Let me tell you about the true essence of the relationship between the Arabs and Israel: they all claim that they will never sign peace treaties with them, but underneath the table, "oral" agreements have been reached. The Syrians are a real tight and conning people similar to the Jews. Even though they claim they have no relationships with Israel, well those are all lies. You know what happened after the death of the Pope JP II and the election of our current Pope? The worldwide officials were all in Rome to congratulate the new Pope, the SYRIAN PRESIDENT happened to be sitting one or two seats far from an Israely official (I forgot who he was exactly, I dunno if it was Sharon) and they SHAKE HANDS IN FRONT OF ALL THE PRESS. This act made quite a fuss in the Arab world, and believe me when there is a certain grudge between two countries, officials never shake hands, or talk to each other, only if they were attacking the other party with a different tone of voice.

The Israelis and Syrians are FRIENDS, I do not deny that they have some minor issues but they are in agreement, overall speaking... News are just deceiving... If you can manage to find that interesting "shake of hands" over the internet, feel free to post that pic in here.

BTW, I am still looking for that website... I will find it, I know.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:10 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX

Do you mean what transpired at Pope John Paul II funeral? The Israeli official on the upper left whom I did post and link about before is Israeli President Moshe Katsav. Btw, that pic there, which is from Wikipedia, has the President of Syria, Israel as well as former President of Iran Khatami. It was a day for nation to either show their morning, uphold his rememberence by having it a time where they show they're at peace with other nations and/or so they do not look bad.

Like I said before there is a good saying that "nations have interests, not friends." And with a war that was covered by the press like in Lebanon, it would be in Syria's best interests if they showed that they were not friends of Israel at that time. Syria may have indirectly helped the IDF and the Maronite Militias by standing by or not attacking. But like I said before, that was then and pretty much the last time when most of Israel looked at the Palestinians as whole as a terrorist group. Now, even a many Israelis including politicians such as Sharon look at Palestine as a society wanting to become a nation and therfore extending for some sort of peace agreement, but that doesn't mean there are those that don't look at the country as a threat to their security.

Last edited by Weebitob; 02-16-2006 at 05:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
WHAT???????? who's that *&%&^%*(&^ media which said so??? no slavery whatsoever in the Middle East, either in Syria or Lebanon or any other country. You just have workerd, like Egyptian workers in Lebanon.

I mentioned before that we own a parking lot over here (once was a used cars dealership), we have an Egyptian worker handling the organization of cars there, he gets $350 as a monthly salary, which is way better than what he gets in his own country... His older brother came in 1989 and starting working for us, made some money for 8 years and then went back to Egypt and got married and settled down. then came the middle brother and stayed for 2 years until we kicked him out when we caught him stealing. In 2000 came the younger brother and turned out to be a very nice and honest guy, till now.

So NO SLAVERY, JUST WORKERS...
Thank for the "inside info"
Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 02-16-2006, 02:19 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeebitobDo you mean what transpired at Pope John Paul II funeral? The Israeli official on the upper left whom I did post and link about before is [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshe_Katsav
Israeli President Moshe Katsav.[/url] Btw, that pic there, which is from Wikipedia, has the President of Syria, Israel as well as former President of Iran Khatami. It was a day for nation to either show their morning, uphold his rememberence by having it a time where they show they're at peace with other nations and/or so they do not look bad.

Like I said before there is a good saying the "nations have interests, not friends." And with a war that was covered by the press like in Lebanon, it would be in Syria's best interests if they showed that they were not friends of Israel at that time. Syria may have indirectly helped the IDF and the Maronite Militias by standing by or not attacking. But like I said before, that was then and pretty much the last time when most of Israel looked at the Palestinians as whole as a terrorist group. Now, even a many Israelis including politicians such as Sharon look at Palestine as a society wanting to become a nation and therfore extending for some sort of peace agreement, but that doesn't mean there are the that don't look at the country as a threat to their security.
Weebitob, why when Elie Hobeika was about to confess about the massacres in Sabra and Shatila, the Syrians killed him? The way he was killed http://www.meib.org/articles/0201_l1.htm is the same as our PM was killed last year and the terrorist attacks were done here and killed many of our officials... so we are sure 90% the syrians killed him and not the Israelis...

As for the funeral, you are right, i forgot I thought it was the reelection of the new pope, my mistake. Actually the Syrian president shook hands with the Israeli President, sorry this is the first time I hear about an israeli president, I thought Sharon was the one and only...really. You maybe right about "nations have interests, not friends." , but not PUBLICLY, and in the Middle East!!!!

Look the wars in the Middle East are very confusing, I have found the book I was telling you about, the one who wrote it has the nickname Cobra (Robert Hatem). This book had a lot of babble the time it was published but I never had the chance to read it, but this subject intrigued me to search for it. I cannot confirm it is 100% exact, but more like 95%. here is the link:
http://www.aceviper.net/members/cobra/intro.html

read chapter 7. You will realise the role of Syria and Israel in that massacre I was telling you about.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 02-16-2006 at 03:01 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: