Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 03-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Gt-Four195

Bremerton Open Lapping Days 4/1 and 10/29

Here's the details.

Track / Driver Education Days

Track/Driver Education Days offer you the opportunity to get track time in your street or higher prepared car at Bremerton Raceways. These are not a pre-requisite for the Novice Program, nor do they qualify you to start the Novice Program. But they are another opportunity to practice on track. A limited number of Driver Instructors are available for personal in-car coaching. We are offering two Track/Driver Education Days in 2005.

April 1, 2005, Friday
October 29, 2005, Saturday

Because of rising costs and the popularity of this event, there are new Pricing, Registration, and Payment Procedures. There is a FAQ at the end to answer some questions.

There will be four run groups. Three door slammer groups, beginner, intermediate, and advanced. One open wheel/sports racer. Each group is limited to 22 cars, first come, first served.
-Open to street cars, racecars, open wheel formula, and sports racers. We'll run til dark! Everyone will get lots of track time.
-Convertibles must have a roll bar, exceptions, Porsche 914, Fiat X1/9, Volkswagen Cab, Porsche Boxster with factory hard top attached, Miata with hard top attached. Others inquire before hand.
-Helmets required for Drivers and Passengers, street car factory belts OK.
-Valid Washington or Oregon State, or equivalent, Driver's License required for all drivers.
-Gates open at 7:30am, Mandatory Drivers Meeting at 8:45, first cars on track at 9
-Rookies will be teamed up with Senior drivers.

$40 per car per run group for IRDC members. Registration is open for IRDC members until March 11. On March 11, non filled spots are open to other car clubs, at a cost of $60 per car, per run group. Or join IRDC for the reduced rate. IRDC members can still sign up after the 11th, if spots are still available.

Pre-register via e-mail porschesteve@hotmail.com or snail mail (see address below).
Include:

Name of driver(s),
Type of car
Preferred group to participate in:
Beg.
Int.
Adv.
Open Wheel/Sports Racer
if you have questions about which group you fit in to, email Steve

Send check or MO, made out to IRDC, to:

Steve Barnes
644 Strander BLVD, Apt #354
Seattle WA 98188.

If your check does not arrive by March 28th, you may forfeit your spot. This is NON-REFUNDABLE

Bremerton Raceways is adjacent to Bremerton Airport. From Seattle it is a real toss up whether to Ferry an hour and a half or more if the boats are messed up, or drive down through Tacoma an hour and a half without traffic.
FROM TACOMA
Travel Highway 16 toward Bremerton. Take the Tremont exit in Port Orchard and go left on Old Clifton Road. Go Left on Sunnyslope Road. Immediate right on Clifton road to end.
Ferry schedules if you want to try the Ferry.

FAQ
It used to be 40 bucks per car unlimited drivers, why per group now? Well, this event has gotten very popular, and to keep it fun, we must keep the number of cars on track at a reasonable amount-22 is just about the max. The track rental has DOUBLED since last year. If 22 cars showed up they all ran three groups we'd lose money! Now I know that won't happen, but let's face it, $40 per group is still pretty cheap!

I used to just pay at the gate, why do I have to send a check now? Well, if you reserve a spot and don't show, someone may be turned away that would have been able to participate, and the club would be out those funds. This will prevent that from happening.

Can I still show up, the day of the event, registrar, and pay at the gate? Yes, but there will be no guarantees that there will be a spot for you! Just mail in the $40/$60 bucks and DO IT! OK, OK, the sun's out and you are mad at your boss, blow the day off and come over, you might get in!

Contact Steve Barnes at 360-446-0847, no calls after 9pm please
Old 03-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Gt-Four195

I've never personally run at Bremerton, but I've ridden along. This is a very simple and fun course, good chance to get your car up to speed, get some adrenaline flowing and blow off some stress.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:41 PM
SEA Sleeper

Well GT Four 195, as allways I will probly end up tagging along with you. Mainly because I don't have a car to beat on at the track. I've come to realize that my SVX is an old girl and she needs some vital organ transplants before I go doing skidpad testing and 100-40 mph braking manuvers. I'm interested in spectating but I'd like to either wait untill i have prepared my SVX for the abuse or bought a car strictly for the track.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Gt-Four195

It's just lapping, and like I've said, you can drive your car easy and go fast at the same time.

That being said I'm not doing the one on 4/1 but I will do the 10/29 one.

Sounds like they'll let you give ride alongs too.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA Sleeper
Well GT Four 195, as allways I will probly end up tagging along with you. Mainly because I don't have a car to beat on at the track. I've come to realize that my SVX is an old girl and she needs some vital organ transplants before I go doing skidpad testing and 100-40 mph braking manuvers. I'm interested in spectating but I'd like to either wait untill i have prepared my SVX for the abuse or bought a car strictly for the track.
Mine would be a good track car...

jk
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)