How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Jimsbaby

sirus

i went with a sirus unit and mouted the antenna inside the car on the back deck lid with the speakers...fine reception there never cut out yet...think its 12 per month or u can get it lifetime for like 400 and i mounted the actually unit where the ash tray was just took that out and place the sirus stuff inside there fit like a glove

Jim
Old 03-30-2004, 12:35 AM
JLittell

XM Install Update

For those who may be interested in the xm radio install, I finished installing my Alpine CDA-9820XM with the xm feature. The antenna is fairly straightforward with the exception of the 2 styles of XM antennas that are avail. The first XM antenna style is a dual feed going to the head unit. The second is a single feed type of antenna. Unfortunately, I purchased the dual feed antenna that was not compatible with the Alpine 9820. I ended up getting the correct antenna (the single feed wire). It is quite smaller that the dual feed antennas, which I was thoroughly impressed with its low profile, look. So small you barely notice it! I mounted it above the rear window and fed the wires through the weather stripping, down to the passenger side door jam, across the doorsill to the kick panel, and then routed underneath the carpet to the head unit. It's quite simple and straightforward.

Bottom line is that if you decide to mount the XM feature make sure you get the proper antenna for your head unit!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:58 PM
JLittell

Thumbs down Digging up the grave...

So far I'm not too impressed with the XM radio selection. The 90's channel is a such a big disappointment..mostly rap if you ask me...

What does everyone else think of XM channel line up/ selection??
Old 05-28-2004, 02:14 AM
Jimsbaby

im happy

im happy with mine but im not xm cause i wasnt that impressed when i was looking at them at there channels either...i went with sirus and im happy go to ur local best buy and play with them both...thats how i decieded

Jim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: