Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Lancer Fail on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
You need to spend the day with the SVX rather than the 5.
<sigh> If I didn't drive so much for work the SVX would be my only car. That is for certain.

Oh and maybe I should go ahead and put some nice flame decals on the 5, that might make it better.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 08-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
<sigh> If I didn't drive so much for work the SVX would be my only car. That is for certain.

Oh and maybe I should go ahead and put some nice flame decals on the 5, that might make it better.
Naw, just go for the flames sans the decals. Need a match?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Hater

Quote:
Mitsu has never designed a pretty car in its history but to quote a certain TopGear host the Evo "fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down".
i agree, but i don't really look for "pretty" cars to impress the yokels at the local redneck country club. it does look purposeful and pissed-off, though. to put it in a way a faux-Englishman like yourself might understand, its a "hooligan's car".
your XJR looked dated when it came out new in 2003.

Quote:
They really must lack torque at 75mph as I completely stomped one yesterday afternoon that thought passing one car in a huge rush hour line would get him to his destination so much faster.
street rac0ring only counts in school zones. shame that with almost 400 supercharged V8 hp, the XJR manages to tie a base WRX to 60 in the low 5 seconds. maybe with another 100hp, it might be on par with an STi or EVO? maybe the guy in the EVO wasn't racing you? maybe you shouldn't even be comparing EVO's to Jaguars? maybe a better comparison would be the XJR to a diesel pickup, due to its excellent trailer-hauling ability.

Quote:
Must be the econobox interior and great build quality....

after having the interior apart, i'd say its a much better build quality than any Subarus i've had, including the SVX. hey Subaru, enough with the plastic clips already - try using some BOLTS here and there. previous EVO interiors were bland and cheap, but the X is actually pretty nice. it doesn't, however, have wood trim like Austin Power's cigar lounge, but then i don't think wood trim belongs in any car. i'll take the awesome Recaro seats over some leather lounge chairs.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
i agree, but i don't really look for "pretty" cars to impress the yokels at the local redneck country club. it does look purposeful and pissed-off, though. to put it in a way a faux-Englishman like yourself might understand, its a "hooligan's car".
your XJR looked dated when it came out new in 2003.

street rac0ring only counts in school zones. shame that with almost 400 supercharged V8 hp, the XJR manages to tie a base WRX to 60 in the low 5 seconds. maybe with another 100hp, it might be on par with an STi or EVO? maybe the guy in the EVO wasn't racing you? maybe you shouldn't even be comparing EVO's to Jaguars? maybe a better comparison would be the XJR to a diesel pickup, due to its excellent trailer-hauling ability.

after having the interior apart, i'd say its a much better build quality than any Subarus i've had, including the SVX. hey Subaru, enough with the plastic clips already - try using some BOLTS here and there. previous EVO interiors were bland and cheap, but the X is actually pretty nice. it doesn't, however, have wood trim like Austin Power's cigar lounge, but then i don't think wood trim belongs in any car. i'll take the awesome Recaro seats over some leather lounge chairs.
A fooligan's car sounds more like it to me as only a fool would spend 40k new on something he thinks is faster than a 9 year old Jaguar with a freaking camper behind it then realize he isn't. Granted in Mitsus mind 9 years is 4 years past the life expectancy of the cars they build so my car I guess shouldn't be on the road anymore anyways.

I didn't say it was a race, I simply said the moron wannabe thought he was too cool to sit in traffic like the rest of rush hour traffic and tried in vain to pass a car which clearly had something his didn't at highway speed, torque. Obviously with my wife and kid in the car there was no racing involved, simply normal I-78 Friday afternoon traffic.

Dated maybe, since its architecture dates to the late 60s, I should hope it is a bit dated. Since you only get to see the a$$ end so how would you know what the front looks like anyways. You bought a 13k crap box with the 27k turbo and recaro seat option. Sure looked as purposeful as the idiot behind the wheel looked pissed off to me. Now I know what you mean about pissing excel.

As for wood interiors, just like a good quality leather. It will simply outlast any of that cheap plastic crap in most cars. It is also a whole lot more sustainable. I just ordered the 3rd Momo steering wheel for my TVR last week as it has that same awesome "quality" reputation as your recaro's do.

So since you decided to drag Subaru's quality into it you might want to do a search as you defended their quality just a few years back when I complained about the poorly built Legos in my family. My have your tunes changed. There might be a reason why Mitsu uses bolts, maybe it rattled too much for even the fooligan's in the world as it surely isn't to make the car last more than 5 years.

Just as soon as Jaguar sends over a diesel engine to our shores, I'll be sure to start comparing it to a diesel p/u. It would sure be nice to triple my mileage!
Old 08-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

God Save the Queen, and I also like cigars.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 08-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Hater

Quote:
A fooligan's car sounds more like it to me as only a fool would spend 40k new on something he thinks is faster than a 9 year old Jaguar with a freaking camper behind it then realize he isn't.
i would hope a $75,000 (in 2003 new) car would be better, but it couldn't beat a $24,000 2002 WRX to 60. maybe a bigger fool would spend $75,000 on an XJR only to have it worth about $13,000 on resale today.

Quote:
I didn't say it was a race, I simply said the moron wannabe thought he was too cool to sit in traffic like the rest of rush hour traffic and tried in vain to pass a car which clearly had something his didn't at highway speed, torque. Obviously with my wife and kid in the car there was no racing involved, simply normal I-78 Friday afternoon traffic.
normal traffic, no WOT, no race, but you beat him?

Quote:
You bought a 13k crap box with the 27k turbo and recaro seat option.
don't forget the factory Brembo brakes, Bilstein struts, Eibach springs, Getrag twin clutch SST transmission, and Rockford Fosgate sound system. i has all the brand names, bro.

Quote:
As for wood interiors, just like a good quality leather. It will simply outlast any of that cheap plastic crap in most cars. It is also a whole lot more sustainable. I just ordered the 3rd Momo steering wheel for my TVR last week as it has that same awesome "quality" reputation as your recaro's do.
the factory leather Recaros in my 928 were WAY nicer that the 10-year newer SVX leather seats. don't let you wallet chain scuff your leather seats, though.

Quote:
So since you decided to drag Subaru's quality into it you might want to do a search as you defended their quality just a few years back when I complained about the poorly built Legos in my family. My have your tunes changed. There might be a reason why Mitsu uses bolts, maybe it rattled too much for even the fooligan's in the world as it surely isn't to make the car last more than 5 years.
i'll defend it again - in 6 years of ownership, my LGT had a bad o2 sensor and the shifter assembly broke. not bad. it had rattles, but i fixed them - i wouldn't consider that "horrible build quality", just a minor annoyance.

Quote:
Just as soon as Jaguar sends over a diesel engine to our shores, I'll be sure to start comparing it to a diesel p/u. It would sure be nice to triple my mileage!
yeah, you could put dually wheels on it and smokestacks, and pull your trailer full of bull$hit around.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-07-2011, 01:49 AM

Heh, the XJR has some huge speed when its in gear. Shame it takes a week for it to shift up or down. Couldn't believe it when I started to pull hard on a modded EVO8 with my XJR on a downhill. No possible way did I want to try keeping up in the corners with the horrid tires it had, but for that modest straight...

Still not as funny as the night I took it to the drag strip. ESPN2 was there for some reason and doing the annoucing. Course first time I line up for the night is a Supra Mk4. Announcer Guy makes a crack about me bringing a jag to the drag strip. Tree drops and I launch with a modest braketorque and suprisingly there was no wheelspin. Couldn't say the same for the Supra who promply drops the clutch and goes no where. 13.6 seconds later I cross the line with little drama. Supra blows by just about then going 116 to my 104 trap. Lol. couldn't hear much of it but the annoucer guy was apparently making fun of the supra for that. Mind my XJR was bone stock, full tank of gas.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

"No, no... Leave the decals on! Our boys are also named Charles and Thomas!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: