Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Legacy Sti rear struts onto our racer???

Anybody know if the hub clearance on a Legacy STi strut from the 95 B5 is the same as the SVX. There's a broken set on ebay that might fill the void of bad struts for now. It ends today though so I got to have a good idea on modifying it to fit.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:14 AM
ilsegretosvx

ahhhhh, someone else thinking the same as me......I am a little worried about the crack on the hat, that is the only thing holding me back on those
Old 08-08-2005, 02:16 PM

Yeah I don't want them for the fronts, just the rears. The cracked hat is technically not repairable (welding wouldn't be good on the oil and seals), besides, They are a whole lot longer than SVX fronts so you would definately have issues. The rears on the other hand I think should work for our race car since it is a whole lot lighter and all. Only hicup for us is the size where it mounts to the hub. Imprezas and Legacies are smaller in there than the svx by a couple of mms.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:07 PM
ilsegretosvx

yea, I know. Im still trying to figure out if the new STi hub is the same as ours, I think that the bearings are the same...switch out hub and then you have a world of options
Old 08-08-2005, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsegretosvx
yea, I know. Im still trying to figure out if the new STi hub is the same as ours, I think that the bearings are the same...switch out hub and then you have a world of options
That's easy, just go to a dealer that has some in stock and measure the thing down there.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:52 PM
ilsegretosvx

yea even being in San Diego right now, its doubtfull that they have anything
Old 08-08-2005, 04:30 PM

Quote:
yea even being in San Diego right now, its doubtfull that they have anything
???? My local dealer has one in a display as do many dealers I've been to. Not sure why you'd have an issue.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:40 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

"Legacy STi"???? I've never heard of that.... Someone should really show me one, I'd like to be prooven wrong

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
"Legacy STi"???? I've never heard of that.... Someone should really show me one, I'd like to be prooven wrong
I've never heard if it either.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:50 PM

The strut is made for STi and went on the B5 Legacy. It isn't a Legacy STi but it is a Bilstein strut in a STi pink housing. Make more sense boys. Mike, call me I have misplaced your number.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:25 AM
ilsegretosvx

did you get them? Im calling the local dealers now to see if they have the hubs/spindles in stock
Old 08-09-2005, 11:32 AM

Quote:
did you get them? Im calling the local dealers now to see if they have the hubs/spindles in stock

You don't need the hub just the strut (which will be easier to find in stock). No, we didn't get 'em, the bidding went up to 54 plus with shipping that's out of my range at the moment since I still gotta get the seat working again by next weekend. There's some standard WRX ones on now, maybe I'll try them but I know they're gonna have a smaller hub then the SVX so a little bending will be necesssary at the least.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
we should just call u guys the hackemup bros. they will make anything work when on a budget!!

Tom
Old 08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
we should just call u guys the hackemup bros. they will make anything work when on a budget!!

Tom
Old 08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
ilsegretosvx

cant belive this but not one dealer in San Diego area has a 05 STi hub/spindle. I have been looking on all the Subie forums but it seems that no one is crashing their STis yet.

I'm on the hunt.....