How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-10-2004, 05:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to svxin
wolnt run now

car will not start no spark but gets fuel i had a cam sensor replaced at subaru a while back is it the crank trigger or cam and also my abs light was on i would like to drive my svx agianhavent driven it for 5 years now miss it help please. alos whare is the crank trigganator located and whare can i get a subaru shop manual for my svx its a 1992 lsl dark purple
Attached Images
File Type: bmp andrewssvx.bmp (229.1 KB, 109 views)
Old 04-13-2004, 06:34 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
moved this to the tech section where it might get more attention
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 AM

Thumbs up

thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 04:22 PM

someone has to know ive searched and cant find anything which is the crank sensor there are two right beside each other. also i had it run but it ran ****ty and smoked,ran rough and took forever to start now it has no spark??????????????
Old 04-13-2004, 05:51 PM
tancred

Alright, Im gonna throw in a response, correct or not, when i was driving and I blew my fusible link, you wont get spark on your battery, anywhere in the car, and my abs shuddered like a mofo when the light came on.....I BET ITS THE LINK, open the fuse box under the hood, look for the coppery looking bridge...If its not connecting right, or if its toast. Then rig a decent guage wire, 10 or so for now, and order a new one...please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery..

Dustin
Old 04-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by tancred
Alright, Im gonna throw in a response, correct or not, when i was driving and I blew my fusible link, you wont get spark on your battery, anywhere in the car, and my abs shuddered like a mofo when the light came on.....I BET ITS THE LINK, open the fuse box under the hood, look for the coppery looking bridge...If its not connecting right, or if its toast. Then rig a decent guage wire, 10 or so for now, and order a new one...please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery..

Dustin
Any subaru dealer will stock a link.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:31 PM
tancred

Mine doesnt have 1...in stock..
Old 04-13-2004, 06:39 PM

if you don't mind me asking, how do you know it has no spark?

Since this car hasn't run in five years, you're going to have to be pretty methodical in bringing it back to life. The smoking and poor running is no surprise given the amount of down time.

So, what is the condition of the fuel - is it 5 years old too? If fuel sat in any passages for those five years it has almost certainly evaporated leaving behind a "gunked" up mess. Have you checked the air filter, fuel filter, battery condition, etc.

I'm sure many on here will be glad to help, but you're going to need to list all the things you've tried, so we can begin to narrow down the possibilities.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:25 AM

i have had it running i ment i havent driven it in 5 years. i would start it on a monthly basis, but then one day i went to start it was poping and stuff and finnaly it started after about 15 -20 times but smoked and didnt run smooth wouldnt idle. after that nothing now it just turns over no sign of spark its getting fuel and air . how do i know it has spark? because i checked, the fuel is new 92 octane and i have tried everything thats why i think its eather the cam sensor or crank sensor i tried to pull codes and recived nothing but its prob because i had the bat disconnected for a while . so i guess i will just replace both and see what happens thanks for the help

Last edited by svxin; 04-14-2004 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:00 PM

sweet it runs now. i replaced both of the crank sensors and first crank of the motor and that sweet sweet deep sound is back finnaly iyt is alive agian.hopefully i will be comming out with a full exhaust system including headers and 2.5 and 3 in exhaust piping of course it will be made out of stainless and tig welded to perfection. also i am going to be working on a turbo kit for the svx. non intercooled single turbo+intercooler upgrade and the stage 3 twinturbo intercooled. the only thing i am not quite sure of yet is what type of engine managment i will use i will try aem first we will see what happens ill keep you guys updated as the project begins
Old 04-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up

good news. glad to hear it is back up and running.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.