How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-04-2001, 01:11 PM
kvnobrien

Kick panel

Are the any security "connections" (for lack of a better word) that would hide behind the drivers side kick panel? That was removed from my car when I got it back from the dealership. (along with the intake manifold cover, battery holder, die hard battery.)
Old 06-04-2001, 02:03 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<That was removed from my car when I got it back from the dealership. (along with the intake manifold cover, battery holder, die hard battery.)>>

Do what!?!? Did they give it back to you . . . or is it still missing? If these items turned up missiong while in their care, you could make darned sure they'd be replacing them.

There are no connections I can recall, except where the wireing goes into the fuse panel, but none of those are "un connectable" besides from clipping the wires. Thing is, there isn't a fuse for it in the fuse panel, it's just wired in (and I think those wires go to the parking lights and horn relays). The only fuse is in the control unit itself. Although the parking lights and horn are hooked into the system, I don't think their failure would cause problems. That's just a guess.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-04-2001, 02:42 PM
kvnobrien

Good to know. I might take the her in to get the radiator replaced. After the boil over almost a year ago, she's never been the same and all the other cooling problematic pieces has been replaced. So while she's there I'll have them look at the security system. This new dealership is much better then the one where parts of my car where missing!! They came back with the manifold cover, and I said my car hasn't been here for 2 weeks, it was just laying around? Or did you take it off another svx your working on. They never did answer me. I got all the parts back but it took about a month and some agruing to get everything back for free.
Never go to Bell Subaru in NJ. (one day I'm going to write a letter that will go to Subaru of America, i-club.com, and subaru-svx.net about my experiences with them. Look for it in the future.)
Old 06-05-2001, 05:39 PM
joeaux

I guess this is kinda on topic here. You guys know I've been on this group and the one on Yahoo since day one. I bought my SVX new in '96 and have kept it perfectly stock (anal about it). Ardub will vouch for me. This topic made me think of something that has crossed my mind several times since '96 and I've never really asked anyone about it before. Where's the door switch? Like I said, I've looked several times and can't find the damn thing. I know some of you guys have had the doors off for some reason or another (new speakers, bigger speakers, dents, broken regulators), so where is it? I give up.
-joe-
Old 06-05-2001, 05:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Joe,
Are you talking about the switch that activates the security system for the door. If so, I know I've scanned that basic diagram somewhere. I'll e-mail it to you. Now, if I can just find it.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-05-2001, 07:52 PM

Registered SVX
Joe,
I sent the diagram to your yahoo address. Hope it helps.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-06-2001, 05:31 AM
joeaux

Thumbs up

Thanks Aredub! Got it.