Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Engine Management

Old 05-01-2008, 03:00 PM

What is map updrades from PDX tuning?

ok, so I am looking at a few things at PDXTuning in Portland, OR and I wanted to know what they are. "PDXTuning offers map upgrades for both EcuTek and Cobb Access Port. Map sets start at $150, contact us to find out if your configuration can be supported by our off the shelf map program". Can this apply to SVX'x . Another one is "PDXTuning offers complete tuning services for your vehicle, weather it be a stand alone, piggy back, or reflash of your stock computer" Whats the difference between the 3? Also they do Corner balancing. What are all these things and can any/all apply to SVX's?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Couple of things here:

1. Please ask PDX if they're willing to try to tune the ECU for the EG33. I don't believe they've ever looked at it. This would require either a standalone (Hydra or other) or a Piggyback, as I doubt a reflash would even be possible.

2. Corner balancing can only be done if you have coilovers. You balance the load at each corner of the car by adjusting the settings of the coilovers.

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
EcuTek does not work on the SVX. When i went to the Wicked big meet 2 years ago i won a ECU reflash from EcuTek, and the guy was really bummin for me. He was like dude, you got the best raffle here and the SVX cant use it. He did say however that if i find a WRX, STI, EVO guy to buy it, he would honor it with them. So hope that helps. EcuTek does not work for us, and as they compete so heavily with cobb, I dont think one would have it without the other.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.