Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
what makes you who you are?

what is it that has changed your life to make you the person who you are now? or is there a question about yourself that hangs in your mind that needs an answer.

for example. for myself, i used to collect items that have the happy faces such as ink stampers, cups, bowls and other things like that. and not too long ago a question that has been asked of me
"when did the happy faces turn into skulls?"
....so pretty much i'm being asked when did the darkness take over my life..i dont have an answer for this..
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 02-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I like happy and positive better.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 02-25-2007, 02:35 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
I can beat anybody in the world at Tekken 3 using Jin.

Last edited by Ricochet; 02-25-2007 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:25 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Perhaps your signature has something to do with it? I found as I get older life throws a lot of crap your way. You just have to make the best of things and look for the positives.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 02-25-2007, 05:48 AM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
actually come to think of it..i was in a car accident before i owned the first svx. after that i felt that i lost a part of myself from it. i never feel as a whole person anymore since the accident. but i dont think it actually answers the question that i posted. and it is a real question that somebody has asked me too
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 02-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
what is it that has changed your life to make you the person who you are now? or is there a question about yourself that hangs in your mind that needs an answer.

for example. for myself, i used to collect items that have the happy faces such as ink stampers, cups, bowls and other things like that. and not too long ago a question that has been asked of me
"when did the happy faces turn into skulls?"
....so pretty much i'm being asked when did the darkness take over my life..i dont have an answer for this..
I think we all ask that question, and I don't think there is one answer. Almost 18 months ago I lost my wife to MS. This event raise many questions that I felt had to be answered: who am I? why am I (we) here? who/what is God? and where do we go when we die? I read many books on grief, religion, philosophy and all the authors had the answer. The only problem was they were all different. So - were they all wrong, or were they all right and the answer is only one of perception?
I am not the same person I was 2 years ago. My perception of the world has changed. Death will do that, it will give you an understanding that you wouldn't have otherwise. So yes I think the events of our life mold who we are to a large degree. As to your focus on darkness - it is fascinating, isn't it? Whatever else death may be it is extremely interesting. The one thing that will always defy explanation.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 02-25-2007, 08:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
what is it that has changed your life to make you the person who you are now?
What makes me who I am? Too many things. I have changed a great deal over the years, everytime something happens that has a large effect on my daily life for a while I change a little more.
I believe the key is, what you make of it when something happens in your life that is unexpected and may have some large impact on your daily life for a long time.
For an example. I was 12 years old when my aunt became sick with cancer. She was deaf and mute. I was the only person in her life that knew how to talk to her, because she had taught me sign language at a very young age. My grandma, her step-mother, who raised her and lived with her, her whole life, never learned to communicate with her. So when she became sick, the nurses and doctors needed someone to help talk to her and help her understand what was going on. I did it. I was home schooled, and I also babysat a little boy. All the while helping take care of an aunt who would someday pass on. I missed a lot of my childhood. I lived there and helped take care of her through all of her sickness, I even gave her medicines and sat by her bedside when she was going out of her mind. I was there the day she died. This was not my first brush of death though, my father had passed away when I was 7 so I understood it, but never seen it in this way. It was life changing for me. And by my father passing on when I was so young was also VERY life changing for me. Had he lived I would probably be a completely different person. Sometimes its the people around you who make you who you really are. And sometimes its your experiances.
I left home at 15. Got married at 16. I lived 600 miles away from my family for a year and a half. In that time 2 of my other very close family members became sick with cancer. One passed away before I moved back closer to them. I did get to visit a couple times though. And the other passed away a month after I came back.
Since I have moved back closer to home, I have drove 300 miles a day round trip to help take care of 2 other dying relatives who had cancer. Both passed away in 2006.
And now my grandma is 91 years old and she had some mental issues as well as a slowly failing body, but I still help take care of her because she took care of me when I was young. I also have a 4 year old son and a lot of responsiblities at my own house. And I am starting my own business.
I am always tired. But I make the most out of everything. Sometimes you just need to let it all out and move on with your life. If you constantly dwell on something, it can make you crazy. It can turn sunlight into darkness.
I believe your reaction to everything that happens in your daily life is how you determine who you are.
Another example:
I had a minor accident because I was driving a little fast, and the roads where slippery, and a tire just so happens to blow out on my car while I was turning and it tossed me into the ditch and I drove 5mph below the speed limit no matter what the road conditions where for about a week. that shows you, I hadn't let go of that yet. The same could be true for you, And the smileys that you had in your car windows no longer look like smileys but skulls. Because you think of the fear you had when you did go off the road.
I love cars and I love working on them, but when I went off the road one day in my car, for a week after that I really didnt want to drive anymore, but I HAVE to. I took a drive out into the country and floored it. I had to get over my fear by facing it. And I had a ton of fun in doing so. And I drive the speed limit or over again.
Life is about decisions. If someone asks you if you want to go see a movie, if you say yes it will affect your life and if you say no it will affect your life. Sometimes it has more of an impact on you than you may realize at first. But it all makes us who we are.

Last edited by wannarace928; 02-25-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:07 AM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
WOW!........My kids, my husband and my grandchild make me who I am. Everyone in my life knows they can count on me for anything, whether it be to watch their kids, money, one of my cars or something else I own. Sometimes I sit and wish I knew people that helped me like I help everyone else because sometimes I get TIRED. I get tired of caring for everyone else, I got tired of losing foster kids back to a terrible system, I get tired of keeping others kids, (last weekend I had TEN yes flippin TEN kids that werent mine) spend the night after we went skating! WHY, because they all wanted to because my house is fun! I even get tired of keeping my grandchild, shes 21 months and I have had he from Friday till late Sunday night since she was 5 weeks old. (oh shes my step sons kids so its not like shes even my BLOOD!) But I love her so much! I dont want to think of who her mother will let keep her if I dont! ITs like I have another kid all over again! And I had my tubes tied because I DIDNT want anymore! But things change in our lives, If I didnt say YES all the time, I would have more sleep, less headaches and stress. But thats who I am, I cant help it. It enables people to take advantage of me but I dont help others to get a pat, I do it because (for me) its the right thing to do.....<p>This thread is strange for here. And suprisingly I dont feel funny saying this stuff to people I probably will never meet! Anyways, have a great day! And be YOURSELF.

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 02-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
besides the complex combination of outside chemicals running through my body at any given moment and my other normal molecular composition. A good wrench and a fast car make me what I am... I am junkie for my SVX plain and simple... oh and I am going to college to be a teacher and mold the youth of America... alsmot forgot that part... For real though, I was a bolt on flashy guy when I first delved into the automotive world... I blew up the V-6 in my old Chevy 1500 and dropped in a 5.7l 350... My life was forever changed

Tom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: