Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-25-2001, 04:46 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
eddycat - why not have someone from here call your references? (assuming we have someone here who could pull it off...)

"Herein lies the problem, how do you call your references and ask if they are tossing you under the bus?"
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:59 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
eddycat - why not have someone from here call your references? (assuming we have someone here who could pull it off...)

Maybe because that while these folks were people that I worked for, I considered them friends, and I'd hate to think that one of them could be throwing me under the bus, (Eric's driving it). I hold these people in very high regard, it would be devastating to me to find out one of them would actually try and derail my life because of some silly grudge thing. I quit the one place because I wasn't given a decent raise, but thinking back on it, my wife also quit Chuck, and even though he pleaded with both of us to stay, we didn't.

Unlike my wife who seems to think she needs to know every little detail, I don't want to know that someone I trust is trying to screw up my life. Might just be me, but I trust people, and I certainly don't like having that trust violated. I'd just rather not know.
Old 04-26-2001, 02:06 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Unhappy References

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Unlike my wife who seems to think she needs to know every little detail, I don't want to know that someone I trust is trying to screw up my life. Might just be me, but I trust people, and I certainly don't like having that trust violated. I'd just rather not know.
If you need to trust someone here Eddy, trust your wife. This is your life we are talking about here. Don't put your head in the sand, you need to know if your trust in Chuck is misplaced.

Likely from Chuck's point of view, both of you leaving him left him with a problem that cost money to fix, he'd be peeved, I'd be peeved in his shoes.

Looks to me [from outside] you think this side of your CV might be the problem. You talk of Chuck as a friend, he may still be. Go and talk to Chuck, explain your difficulty, put the cards on the table. Together you may be able to fix your problem. You may have to pluck up some courage and swallow some pride, but you won't come out of it with nothing. You will know.

Go talk to him. That's what friends are for.

Joe
Old 04-26-2001, 07:33 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: References

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

If you need to trust someone here Eddy, trust your wife. This is your life we are talking about here. Don't put your head in the sand, you need to know if your trust in Chuck is misplaced.

Joe
I still don't like that option, but what I have started doing is in the cover letters that I have been sending with resumes is adding a disclaimer stating that one or more of my references may not hold me in the same regard that I obviously hold them in. And that if a question should arise, then they should contact me for details and follow up. I did send a thank you letter to the one place and told the HR woman that I was disappointed with the outcome and shed a little light on what happened at both places where I worked with my references. It may come to nothing, but then again she may get back to me and let me know which (if any) of my references is screwing me.
Old 05-08-2001, 03:11 PM
**92SVX**

92 and 93 model year SVX. Bypass factory transmission cooler! Once clogged nothing can repair. Additionally, replace return lines to transmission, once the cooler is installed.