How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Mizery

Is my tranny going?

I brought my car in to the dealership for a fluid change and I've noticed a big problem with it since I've gotten it back. At 80-100kph and hovering at 2000rpm it does not accelerate even when the pedal is depressed. At the same time, I can hear the engine free revving (kinda like being in neutral), but the tach still shows it at around 2000rpm and not moving. I also dont percieve any acceleration or deceleration.

It doesn't happen all the time but only when I've been cruising for a short while at the same pace. Is this the first sign of my tranny going? 140,000km.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Does that happen when the tranny is warm, cold or both?

My tranny failed similar to that except for the tach kept working properly.

Is it only when you step on the gas that it does this or while cruising as well?
Old 09-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Mizery

Its when it is warm. I dont know if it happens when it is cold as well because by the time I get on the highway (and speeds high enough to test), the car will have been warmed up by then. It happens when I try to accelerate (left lane driving). It doesn't happen if I've been steadily accelerating like you would when merging onto the highway, but only when I've been holding a constant speed 80-100kph.

But I think I know what cased this problem. I'm posting this on campus as they've towed my car. Apparantly my parking pass isn't visible on my dash with the whole glass cannopy and such. I'll assume they've tried once before they noticed it was AWD (maybe yesterday. Aftermarket alarm had showed a strong shock to the vehicle).

If they screwed it up by towing it improperly, I'm going to have a fun time getting a nickel back...

Times like this I wish I drove a beater.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Then go to them and tell them that they broke your transmission when they towed it.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Mizery

I just got it back, and now the same problem is in all but first. I dunno about reverse as I haven't tried that.

The problem with those towing companies is they can and will drag the whole process on while under the protection of the city/university. I've heard tons of stories about it from the toronto subaru club where members have had everything from minor scuffs to shredded rear diffs and then not getting a single penny from the towing company till 3-5 years later. Its pretty corrupt around here so I guess I'll have to just swallow the bullet.

That being said, 5MT