Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-19-2004, 10:00 PM
AZSVX

Evaporator sensors

Hi Everyone !
I've been reading from the sidelines for a number of months. The knowledge, dedication and hard work of the members of this website is amazing! I finally joined a few days ago.

I'm sure this must have occurred for someone already- an intermittent nuisance with the auto climate control- sometimes the a/c compressor does not kick in when it should. The dealer checked the input voltages to the auto amp and said that the evaporator sensor is not always putting out the voltage it should. The cure is to replace the sensor. Is there any way to replace the sensor without having to pull the evaporator and evacuate the system ?

Thanks,
AZSVX
Old 11-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Hi and welcome to the site.

As for the A/C did they check the pressure? It might just be low.

I doubt the sensor can be changed without losing all the R12/R134a.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:45 PM
AZSVX

Thanks very much for your reply! I was starting to get bummed out that no replies were coming in. I did check the pressures myself in August. Was expecting to see that it would be low on refrigerant, but was pleasantly surprized to see that the low and high pressures were within spec. With that bit of good news, it then seemed to me to be some type of an electrical issue. I broke down and had the dealer diagnose it . One technician there is quite good. I always ask that only he is to work on my SVX. He found the evaporator sensor not measuring out properly. From his explanation and looking at the manual, I have resigned myself to the fact that the evaporator will have to come out in order to replace the sensor. It is just frustrating to have to take so much out to get at one small component. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Good luck Arno.

I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Todd
Old 11-23-2004, 07:23 AM
technical_dude4

Hi Guy

Did you know you can sit in the comfort of your svx and have it tell you what is the problem with the climate control system?
Old 11-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
That's correct. I have the instructions and codes listed on my site:

http://svx-iw.com/ (click on codes)