SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 09-24-2002, 11:28 PM
CopsodyX

Re: NE MEET #3

Quote:
Originally posted by red95svx
Ok, we are officially on for the 19th of October. It will probably run 12-4. We'll do food, a drive, prizes, and a talk with the Master Tech. For those of you not offended by any of the above: See ya there!

Dave
Where will it be?
Old 09-26-2002, 04:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Answers

fizz-ee-at'-trist is the correct answer, sorry Randy, but you where close. This according to the 'Official' physiatrists website. I'm sure either pronounciation is close enough.

You can be sure that the next time I'm cruising through Kt I'll be sure to stop by with your donut.

The meet is at Tri-State Subaru in Webster MA, just south of Worcester MA. It can be reached via the Pike (Rt. 90) Auburn Exit. Check with mapquest for driving directions from your local.

1) me - Jscorse
2) AFBeefcake
3) jeradsvx
4) red95svx
5) LarryIII
6) Cammarata
7) DWayne2910
8) alacrity024
9) Boominsvx
10) SVXStowell
11) CopsodyX
12) ekprintsos

..anyone...anyone....
Old 09-27-2002, 09:51 PM
red95svx

NE meet update

OK folks just a little update on the meet.

For those of you just tuning in: the meet will be held Saturday, Oct. 19th 12-4pm at Tri-State Subaru in Webster, MA (just north of the Connecticut border on Rt. 395). Detailed directions will be posted about a week or so before the meet.

We will have a BBQ, take a scenic drive (perhaps visit Dresser Hill Farms again?), talk with the Senior Master Subaru Tech., and pass out some door prizes (for those of you that don't want doors, let me know).

Tri-State will have a WRX on hand for test-drives, but has said that it can't guarantee that a Baja will be in stock at that time, so a test drive in a Baja might not happen (SIA is shippping the Baja's VERY slowly).

Also, I ran my VIN through the Subaru computer at work the other day and found out that my SVX had been used as an SOA demo out in Illinois! I also found out that it had an engine block heater installed (I had no idea!). So, if anyone is interested, send me your VIN and I'll run it through and e-mail you the results or give you a copy at the meet. It was really interesting finding out about my SVX's early life: who owned it, what options were added after it arrived, what dealership sold it, any repair that was done under warranty, etc.

That's all for now, have a great weekend!

Dave

Last edited by red95svx; 09-27-2002 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to svx6595
I want to go

I am in for this meet. I have some random parts so if anyone has any requests I would be able to bring them that date. This will be my first meet.

Larry
Old 09-27-2002, 11:15 PM
alacrity024

Larry-

I need a front-right ABS sensor if you've got one. Also the driver's side window switch cluster.. if you've got it..

-Adam

ps. Dave: You, me and a WRX have a hot date. Let's take it onto the highway this time

Last edited by alacrity024; 09-27-2002 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
ps. Dave: You, me and a WRX have a hot date. Let's take it onto the highway this time
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-27-2002, 11:34 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
I could use an air bag if anyone has one they can bring. I still have an open steering wheel. Oh, and guys, I want in on that WRX ride. Just so I know what I am missing. See ya there
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:18 AM
red95svx

WRX

Adam and Boomin,

You're on! Sounds like that demo will need some new tires when we get through with it!!

Dave
Old 09-28-2002, 12:06 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Maybe we should bring some 5 point harnesses just in case.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 09-28-2002, 12:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to svx6595
Sorry, I don't have the window switches or the Airbag or the right front ABS sensor. I will just bring along everything that I can fit into my car that Saturday.

Larry
Old 09-29-2002, 08:24 PM
viper1701

WRX Drive

Do they make an automatic WRX? I don't know how to drive a manual yet and I don't think Tri-State subi wants me to learn on one of their cars.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:38 PM
CopsodyX

Re: WRX Drive

Quote:
Originally posted by viper1701
Do they make an automatic WRX? I don't know how to drive a manual yet and I don't think Tri-State subi wants me to learn on one of their cars.
Yup.

But, really, a manual is easy to learn. I took me 1 minute, and I wasn't smooth with it, but after a day, it was natural, and so much fun...and this was on a 2003 5 speed 4 cyl HYUNDAI TIBURON (Seriously, incredible car for the price. I was seriously impressed, as I only took it out to make sure I could handle a stick before I had my SVX converted to one...lol...the car was smooth all the way to redline, handled well, was generally comfortable, had an awesome stereo, save for the A-pillar mounted antenna, the manual felt great, and was cheap at $16k with many options and a 10 year warranty. In a way, I was in awe, but that was no SVX=-)...but, in the twisties, the tiburon was really fun with the manual.)

I know, a bit of a good review of the Tiburon, but really, it wasn't what I expected...it was a lot more.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:50 AM

...and the list GROWS !!! 14 strong!!!

Reading...look out!

1) me - Jscorse
2) AFBeefcake
3) jeradsvx
4) red95svx
5) LarryIII
6) Cammarata
7) DWayne2910
8) alacrity024
9) Boominsvx
10) SVXStowell
11) CopsodyX
12) ekprintsos
13) svx6595
14) viper1701

Where's Boone? and the other upper NE's???

Viper, don't sweat the stick thing. I'm sure any of the above would LOVE to teach you in the WRX. CopsodyX is right, I taught my wife in about 5 minutes, though she still prefers the ease of an automatic.

Actually, come to think of it, Kathy (12) doesn't know either...anybody up for teaching her? heh heh...

On the TIBURON, nice review, but...you didn't say anything about the ....eh.... looks. Yuk. Pitui! IMHO.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:11 PM
CopsodyX

Re: ...and the list GROWS !!! 14 strong!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
On the TIBURON, nice review, but...you didn't say anything about the ....eh.... looks. Yuk. Pitui! IMHO. [/B]
OMG they're not that bad on the new one in person! Looks very nice in silver w/o the spoiler. It actually looks a bit italian...I know i'm gonna get it for that comment...lol...
Old 09-30-2002, 12:47 PM

ok..ok I'll go take a look..suprise

I may be thinking of an older one. maybe I was... I just took a look and I take it back. Not at all what I was thinking about. I remember large front fender bumps with those little spider eye headlights.

Yes.. I just looked for an old one and THAT's what I was referring to. The extra 'bumps' and those spider headlights just don't do it for me.

This new smoother, sleeker front end is more like it.

No. I'm wrong...this new one is not too bad.

Sorry about that. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.....