Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2006, 07:54 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott
Thought you all....and especially some of you...HA!..would like to see this, if you haven't heard any of the negative press just recently..?? I guess I'll never know if the stuff works for our SVX's..or not! [What happened to the "Gas Pill 7" ?].......The plot thickens!...

Jim
All the people who requested test samples presumably got their gas pills long ago and can still report their results, correct? Its not like the gas pills stop working when the restraining order is issued, is it?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

I'm not sure I have anything to say that I haven't already said

Of course I have something to say

I would like to see the moderators of this board police salemanship of commercial products. Sure we should all be able to sell stuff out of our garage or stuff we don't need anymore but anyone peddling a commercial product and actively recruiting through a pyramid scheme should at least have to pay a sponsor fee.

Would the admins allow a legitimate business to advertise on this forum free of charge? Are any of the admins involved in this scheme?

Oh yeah, in the statement by Lowell he uses the word "OUR" in reference to HIS company. I'd be willing to bet if he goes down he's taking as many people as he can with him. I wonder if all those automatic credit card charges for BP salesmen will automatically stop.....something tells me they won't.

Last edited by Myetball; 05-17-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:46 AM

He still has no answer for the discrepency in the ISO 9000 test. Now that's funny. A "scientific" test to support the product that has impossible results. So much for that one. No one else thinks that's funny?
Old 05-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Mr. Inappropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Outback
He still has no answer for the discrepency in the ISO 9000 test. Now that's funny. A "scientific" test to support the product that has impossible results. So much for that one. No one else thinks that's funny?
I think everything about BP is hilarious. Mad props to Lowell for making a boat load of money selling people mothballs....ROFL

Sometimes I wish I had no integrity or ethics, I'm sure I could think of a good scam to get me rich.

I wonder how much of BP's profits are out of reach of the Texas Attorney General....like in Costa Rican or Dominican bank accounts. Wonder if good ole' Lowell is already out of the country.....sippin' tropical drinks with little umbrellas on a Costa Rican beach....laughing his ass off.....wearing a t-shirt that says "P.T. Barnham was RIGHT!!!"

For those of you with automatic charges pending to you credit cards, I suggest you report the card lost so you don't get charged any more. Unlikely you'll get BP to turn off the autocharge.

Some interesting reading: The lawsuit is going to trial here in San Antonio (Bexar (pronounced Bear) County).....too funny.
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/newspubs/...706bio_pop.pdf
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/newspubs/...706bio_tro.pdf

Last edited by Myetball; 05-18-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott
[What happened to the "Gas Pill 7" ?].......

Maybe the 7 went to the clinic to check for anemia, and neurological/liver damage, while getting their cars degunked. Maybe you should too.

While you're at it, watch closely, and get involved with the class action that's coming up. You may get a few dollars back.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 05-18-2006, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball

Some interesting reading: The lawsuit is going to trial here in San Antonio (Bexar (pronounced Bear) County).....too funny.
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/newspubs/...706bio_pop.pdf
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/newspubs/...706bio_tro.pdf
If you can, please keep us updated with the local news. It's always been an interesting story from the very beginning.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Mr. Inappropriate

How much you wanna bet Lowell blames the devil for turning him into a con-man Even though he's been one all along....only now he's selling mothballs instead of Jesus
Old 05-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
My last pill went in my tank today. I will post my results after running for 3 or 4 more tanks.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:10 AM
The Molinator

Pyramid SCREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!...UH OH!

This is getting interesting...if nothing else!

[OK!...You caught me! All along I was wanting to join a pyramid...where I could loose my money....AND deceive others into loosing theirs too!...While the top peeps collected all the money!...My credibility would go down the drain!...And my large numbers of exclamation points would eventually prove that I'm a scam artist!!!]

If these BP exec's are shown to be crooked, especially in the basic operation of the business..or in the design of the compensation plan...I'll be the first to admit I was duped! However, I fail to see ANY telltale facts indicating either the plan or the operation uncovers a PYRAMID! IT'S ABSURD (ESPECIALLY FOR AN "INTELLIGENT" ATTORNEY GENERAL) TO SAY THAT BP IS A PYRAMID BECAUSE THERE IS NO EMPHASIS ON A PRODUCT, BUT MERELY A PUSH TO SIGN UP DISTRIBUTORS! NOONE CAN BE VERY PROFITABLE BY SOLELY RETAILING A PRODUCT. THAT'S WHY ANY MLM THAT INTENDS TO...OR DOES PRODUCE PROFITABLE DISTRIBUTORS....HAS TO PROMOTE DEVELOPING A NETWORK OF LINKED DISTRIBUTORS (SOMEWHAT LIKE FRANCHISING). AGAIN, I SIGNED UP AS AN AREA MANAGER BY PAYING $499 FOR 520 BIOPERFORMANCE FUEL PILLS. I HOPE YOU CAN SEE HOW RIDICULOUS IT IS TO SAY THERE IS NO EMPHASIS ON A PRODUCT...WHEN ON SIGN-UP, YOU RECEIVE 13 BOTTLES (OF PILLS OR POWDER) TO GET STARTED. IF THEY HAVE OTHER UNDISCLOSED FACTS...BRING 'EM ON!

REMEMBER, AMWAY, HERBALIFE, MARY KAYE...AND OTHERS HAVE BATTLED AND WON OTHER SUCH SIMILAR CHALLENGES!

I'M REALLY NOT A CONSPIRACY THEORIST...BUT I HONESTLY BELIEVE ONE POSSIBLE EXPLANATION FOR THIS ATTACK: THERE IS NO DOUBT THIS PRODUCT HAS ALREADY CAUGHT THE EYE OF THE OIL COMPANIES WHO ARE PROFITING HUGELY AS YOU KNOW...AT THIS TIME. BIOPERFORMANCE HAS AMASSED INCREDIBLE STATS FOR ITS 5+ MONTH INFANCY. IT IS THE FASTEST GROWING MLM (POSSIBLY OF ALL BUSINESSES FOR ALL TIME) COMPANY OF ALL TIME...BY FAR! AFTER STARTING DECEMBER 8, 2005...BP HAS SOLD OVER 25 MILLION DOLLARS IN GROSS SALES!...OVER 40,000 DISTRIBUTORS HAVE JOINED....AND OVER 15 MILLION DOLLARS IN COMMISSIONS HAVE BEEN EARNED. I THINK IT'S POSSIBLE...THAT THE OIL COMPANIES ARE CONCERNED THAT IF THIS PRODUCT CATCHES ON ACROSS THIS COUNTRY..THEY COULD BE "HURT"!

BioPerformance is based in Texas.

Aren't there alot of oil companies in Texas...???

Certainly one possibility!

Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:18 AM
Mr. Inappropriate

There are also alot of religious nuts in Texas that build compounds and dupe the nieve and weak minded. One way or another, the government eventually shuts them down.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:26 PM

Jim, I wouldn't put yourself on the line defending BP until you know whether they just took your money. I mean $499 is a lot of money for 520 colored mothballs. Since you aren't the Captain, you might just want to grab a life vest and jump.

As for him being a preacher, that doesn't mean he's honest. It just means he was an unemployed fast talking BS'er. Show me 5 guys hanging out at Church's chicken everyday, and I'll show you 5 preachers scheming up crazy ideas for their sermon tomorrow in the back room of a neighbor's house.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

For clarification purposes it should be noted that BP is being taken to court for violation of Texas law. The lawsuit filed by the State AG in Bexar county court on 16 May defines illegal pyramid schemes vs. legitimate MLMs IAW 17.461(a)(6) of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act as follows:

- a pyramid promotion scheme is a plan or operation by which a person gives consideration for the opportunity to receive compensation that is derived primarily from a person's introduction of other persons to participate in the plan or operation rather from the sale of a product by a person introduced into the plan or operation. The person who introduces new members to the pyramid is referred to in these types of operations as an "upline." The people who enter the pyramid directly below and after the initial purchaser are know as "downlines."
The major difference between an illegal pyramid and a legal multi-level marketing plan is that an illegal pyramid pays commissions based primarily on the recruitment of persons, whereas a legal multi-level marketing plan pays commissions based on the sale of bona fide goods and services.

So how do BP reps really make money? Is it on commission from actual sales of product? Or is it on commissions received for the recuitment of new sellers?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:42 PM
The Molinator

Peer-a-mid....???

Well, without spending hours of time explaining what I understand of the compensation plan...I believe by far..the vast majority of commissions are earned from the sale of product. How much money do you think would be a good income from one distributor selling fuel additive solely by retail? Certainly, I would not be interested! It's like if Ray Kroc (sp?) had just kept the one McDonalds stand....How much would his fortune have been? He instead multiplied his profits by franchising his business...So, he made a little from each of the "satellite" restaurants. It added up to a fortune...as everyone knows by now! That's what Network Marketing is about...Period!

The first main way you make commissions in BP is...to sign 2 distributors (one in each leg)...thereby qualifying for the Binary (each personal network has just 2 legs) commission, which is 5 or 6% of the total Business Volume down both legs during the weekly commission cycle. This I'm told by some very successful distributors comprised the largest part of their total commissions. The Binary Commission is obviously related to product usage, because it is directly based on product sales!

The next steps involve signing 5 or 10 distributors in a certain configuration to qualify for Matching Bonuses (commissions) of 25% and 50% respectively of each of those (5 or 10) distributors' weekly commission totals. Similarly, these "matched" bonuses are based on commissions from the distributors' businesses that are directly a result of product sales! Distributors at these levels are earning over $1000 per week (my approximation)...and I personally know a few earning $5,000 to $10,000 per week! These are top earners to say the least...and it appears to me that their income is heavily dependent on the purchase and sample/retail dispersement of product!

There are a few at higher levels...BUT I'm not all that familiar with the details. [I would have been satisfied with $2,000+ per month!]

The only compensation I know of related to sponsoring distributors is the $200 commission which goes to the sponsoring upline (or their sponsor sometimes) at the time of sponsorship. This is certainly not a huge amount of commission totals compared to the commissions I just mentioned above for Binary volume and Matching bonuses. This is especially true because even the top earners had personally sponsored only 10 to 30 distributors TOTALLY (according to my info)! Their "big money" came from helping their downline business partners grow THEIR businesses! [Let's say the distributor personally sponsored 20 distributors. This would TOTALLY (not all at one time) generate signup "bonuses" of: 20 X $200 = $4,000.] This is a common weekly, or certainly monthly commission rate for these top earners. Therefore, it seems clear to me (at this point anyway) that these basic Plan structures could not explain a pyramid status for BioPerformance.

Another obvious and important fact about BP is to understand that they paid a huge percentage (I believe about 65%) of gross income...BACK TO THE DISTRIBUTORS..in the form of various weekly commissions! Pyramid schemes are famous for keeping alot of the income, rather than "sharing the wealth".

BTW...I'm not defending BP! I'm giving you MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS on this situation...PERIOD! As I said, if I've been duped, when all is said and done..Then I'll admit it! I don't see it just yet...[It's my opinion that even if BP is found innocent, this interruption in their company's existence will be catastrophic for all present distributors...big or small. However, it is so successful financially, it could be started again..and be once again very successful...because of the 'NEED" for such a product..and its widespread popularity.

PEACE (and poverty!).... Jim

P.S. No matter what the outcome...Everyone should realize that this evaluation of BioPerformance will be very subjective! This is NOT a black and white issue...AT ALL!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 05-19-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Bipa

Y'all might find this interesting:

What's Wrong With Multi-Level Marketing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a.k.a. "Networking" Companies

Bad Image or Bad Reality?

"Let me tell you about an incredible ground-level business opportunity," and you are invited to a house or to lunch for "a discussion." Funny enough, you feel sick in your gut that there is some hidden agenda or deception. "Probably a multi-level marketing (MLM) organization," you think. Suppose it is? Should you trust your instincts? Is there anything wrong with MLM?
This article will analyze four problem areas with MLM. Specifically, it will focus on problems of I) Market Saturation, II) Pyramid Structure, III) Morality and Ethics, and IV) Relationship Issues associated with MLMs. Thus, you can properly assess your "instincts."

http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html
Old 05-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

The biggest problem with the compensation plan is that the commission on sale of product is not on the sale of the product to consumers but rather the purchase of the product by lower level sellers. Hence the auto-pay system.

I sign up two friends (not friends for long) and get a commission based on the amount of product THEY buy, and it's not easy for them to stop buying. They each sign up two friends and I make some more money...and so on...and so on. At no point am I making any money based on the actual sale of product to consumers. In fact, I still make money even if none of my downliners actually sell their product.

This is what Texas law calls an illegal pyramid. The actual intent of the company isn't to get consumers to buy their product, the product is just the lure. The real intent is to get people signed on, for a fee, to an auto-pay system so the money keeps rolling in. Do you think Lowell cares one damn bit if you or anyone else actually sells their product...NO! As long as all those auto-pay charges keep rolling in Lowell gets more rich.

BTW, awesome article Bipa.

Another interesting point of the Texas AG lawsuit is that the commissioned an independent study of the fuel pills and found them to be primarily napthalene or a napthalene derivitive with absolutely no benefit to fuel economy beyond anecdotal non-scientific statements by users.

James,

For us older and wiser folks the first mention of MLM rings the "Pyramid Scheme" alarm bell and we start running. Many of us have been burned by similar schemes in the past. I almost got involved in one back in the early 90's but backed out just in time. Unfortunately, you still seem to think the fuel pills are actually a legitimate product. It's difficult to change someone's beliefs but I hope in time you'll learn that get-rich-quick schemes are designed to get the guys on top rich. The small amount they pay down is just to keep everyone on the hook. The real money is being moved around and stashed.

I'm sure all the facts will come out in court but for us wise old men we don't need to wait for a verdict. Pyramid schemes have been around a long time and the outcome is always the same.

Chalk this one up to experience, go to or finish college and make some solid money.

Alan