SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 07-24-2001, 09:11 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Question Re: Re: West (By God) Virginny

Quote:
Originally posted by svxxx26

Hmmm . . . I think the operative phrase here is "to my knowledge". Ummm, does she have a brother?

Are formal dinner parties what you use the fancy eatin' table for?
Why are you asking if she has a brother, need a date?

Eatin' table?? That's the little short one that sits in front of my couch and a bit back from the big teevee.
Old 07-24-2001, 09:56 AM
Headed to Texas...

Re: Re: Re: West (By God) Virginny

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Why are you asking if she has a brother, need a date?

Eatin' table?? That's the little short one that sits in front of my couch and a bit back from the big teevee.
It's posts like these that make this place seem so worthwhile . . .

Now what was I thinking when I started this thread?

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 07-24-2001, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Snowshoe II location?

Is there any place inbetween Snowshoe and Harper's Ferry? While I liked the intamacy of a small meet and the enjoyment of being out in beautiful country, I realize that we limit the number of SVX'ers who can attend.

However, having been at Harper's ferry during the peak season, with all its tourists and traffic congestion, I would prefer a place a little less hecticand more reminiscent of the original meet. ( Aredub doubts he will make it there; its a day's drive for him just to get to Snowshoe and Harper's Ferry would be a overnighter just to get there.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 07-24-2001, 11:47 AM
Headed to Texas...

Re: Snowshoe II location?

Quote:
Originally posted by svxcess
Is there any place inbetween Snowshoe and Harper's Ferry? While I liked the intamacy of a small meet and the enjoyment of being out in beautiful country, I realize that we limit the number of SVX'ers who can attend.

However, having been at Harper's ferry during the peak season, with all its tourists and traffic congestion, I would prefer a place a little less hecticand more reminiscent of the original meet. ( Aredub doubts he will make it there; its a day's drive for him just to get to Snowshoe and Harper's Ferry would be a overnighter just to get there.
Excellent point, John.
To answer the question, yes - there are places - although I don't think any of them would fall into the Harper's Ferry category, meaning a LOT of things to do, visit and see. They would be more of the Snowshoe category - beautiful, but secluded.
I guess that's the question that needs to be addressed - which type of spot do we want?
Personally, the "area attractions" aren't that important to me - I go mostly for the other SVXers and just to relax. I really prefer to be in the middle of nowhere! Sparsely populated roads in beautiful mountain country to drive on is more my speed.
But others have indicated a desire to see new things - and possibly attract more people.
To the rest of you who have expressed interest or are thinking about coming - what do you want?

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 07-24-2001, 02:48 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Smile

We could always use Harper's Ferry as a starting or finishing point, prior to, or after we do the back roads - assuming they're actually paved. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 07-29-2001, 04:12 PM
I look like Gordon

Harper's Ferry is less than an hour from my house, and I have made many trips down there specifically for the joys of back road driving, mostly on my motorcycle. You do not have to go very far from Harper's Ferry proper to enjoy many, many miles of completely deserted country roads, some excellent twisties, and one road in particular where it is very easy...far TOO easy, to catch some air if you aren't careful. While Harper's Ferry itself is generally pretty crowded on weekends, they have a large parking lot and a shuttle bus system to take you into the park. I, at least, think it would be a great place for a meet. If you would like me to plot out a route for the road-rally portion of the meet, I would be happy to oblige

The Skyline Drive toward the end of October is going to be one giant RV convention, as it is "leaf-watching" season. The Shenandoah Valley would be nice, and uncrowded. We could meet at Luray Caverns or someplace like that... or Battlefield Crystal Caverns right off 81 in Strasburg. A good friend of mine knows the owner and could probably set something up for us.

One other suggestion would be Antietam Battlefield. The drive through the park is beautiful, if slow, and there are, again, lots of good roads right next door.

I would happily volunteer to do some of the ground work on this, if we pick a location within day trip distance for me.
Old 07-30-2001, 06:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
If "Yankees" allowed in and out of Harper's Ferry, then the Beautiful Naviguesser and I will be there. Please post where in Harper's Ferry and the meet time.

Larry III
"NYC born and raised"
Old 08-01-2001, 04:01 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
(arms crossed...foot tapping....head shaking)

I am stunned...STUNNED...that men of Larry III's and Ron's upbringing would slander...I SAY SLANDER, SON!....my beautiful adopted state. "Deliverance" wasn't filmed in West Virginia! Jed Clampett was from ARKANSAS! (take in air) We have had shoes as long as we have had deer and cows! My plumbing is INDOORS! so is my TOILET!!! (gasp) I have no dogs on the porch, a shootin iron over the mantle, or a still hidden in the woods! The Hatfields and McCoys were PUSSYCATS compared to big city gang wars! (pause for a breath) And another thing....WE EAT OUR FOOD CORRECTLY WITH THE PROPER UTINSELS!
(GASP) We take baths regularly and use deodorant! I have never climbed the local water tower to defend my sisters honor, and when I moved into my home I didn't ask my relatives to come over and help me take the WHEELS OFF!!!!! (pant) (suck air)
And we provide the EAST with timber for their houses and furniture and coal to run their mills and light their homes! (oxygen mask) So if you don't want to soil your reputation by coming to our wild, wonderful state....then...then....well I just hope you enjoy whatever state you're in!!! (collapses...out of breath)

--------------
Gee weeds, I need some pills! Jeany, hitch up Daisy Bell to the wagon...we gotta go to Doc Pritchart for some more heart pills. What?.....yeah, we'll stop at the fancy shop so'ins you kin git some calico fer that dress ya been a'wantin.....(dern fussy female!)
Gots to remember to git a posty card to send to them thar Larry and Ron people. I'll send 'um a card of our purty movin picture the-ater with them e-lec-trical lights a'flashing on the front! That'l show 'um that we's got some CIV-IL-A-ZA-SHUN up hare in the mountains!
Dern city-slickers thinkin they knows it all.....
---------------

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 08-01-2001 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2001, 04:07 PM
Ain't it the truth?

P.S.

Rufus, you have some very good ideas there! One of my reasons for considering Harpers Ferry was the battlefield and wondeful back roads. Maybe we can get together and scout the area and make some plans! Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 08-01-2001, 09:58 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking Re: (arms crossed...foot tapping....head shaking)

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
I am stunned...STUNNED...that men of Larry III's and Ron's upbringing would slander...I SAY SLANDER, SON!....my beautiful adopted state. "Deliverance" wasn't filmed in West Virginia! Jed Clampett was from ARKANSAS! (take in air) We have had shoes as long as we have had deer and cows! My plumbing is INDOORS! so is my TOILET!!! (gasp) I have no dogs on the porch, a shootin iron over the mantle, or a still hidden in the woods! The Hatfields and McCoys were PUSSYCATS compared to big city gang wars! (pause for a breath) And another thing....WE EAT OUR FOOD CORRECTLY WITH THE PROPER UTINSELS!
(GASP) We take baths regularly and use deodorant! I have never climbed the local water tower to defend my sisters honor, and when I moved into my home I didn't ask my relatives to come over and help me take the WHEELS OFF!!!!! (pant) (suck air)
And we provide the EAST with timber for their houses and furniture and coal to run their mills and light their homes! (oxygen mask) So if you don't want to soil your reputation by coming to our wild, wonderful state....then...then....well I just hope you enjoy whatever state you're in!!! (collapses...out of breath)

--------------
Gee weeds, I need some pills! Jeany, hitch up Daisy Bell to the wagon...we gotta go to Doc Pritchart for some more heart pills. What?.....yeah, we'll stop at the fancy shop so'ins you kin git some calico fer that dress ya been a'wantin.....(dern fussy female!)
Gots to remember to git a posty card to send to them thar Larry and Ron people. I'll send 'um a card of our purty movin picture the-ater with them e-lec-trical lights a'flashing on the front! That'l show 'um that we's got some CIV-IL-A-ZA-SHUN up hare in the mountains!
Dern city-slickers thinkin they knows it all.....
---------------
Gee Don, please don't think I'd EVER disparage the home state of one of our club's members. In fact, I understand that your state has produced some of the greatest inventors of our time. That's right, I mean how many of us know that the toothbrush was patented in 1803 by a native of Charlestown? Of course, if it had been invented in California, we'd call it the teethbrush, but let's give credit where credit's due.
Correctly politically yours, Tsu.
Don

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 08-01-2001, 10:43 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Tsu-th brush

<how many of us know that the toothbrush was patented in 1803 by a native of Charlestown? Of course, if it had been invented in California, we'd call it the teethbrush, but let's give credit where credit's due. Correctly politically yours, Tsu>

HAHAHA...very funny. I just bristle when someone is trying to give me the brush-off; leaves me with a bad paste in my mouth. Tooth vs. teeth indeed. I have every tooth an adult should have, except for the ones I've flossed! Don

Old 08-01-2001, 10:50 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Tsu-th brush

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
<how many of us know that the toothbrush was patented in 1803 by a native of Charlestown? Of course, if it had been invented in California, we'd call it the teethbrush, but let's give credit where credit's due. Correctly politically yours, Tsu>

HAHAHA...very funny. I just bristle when someone is trying to give me the brush-off; leaves me with a bad paste in my mouth. Tooth vs. teeth indeed. I have every tooth an adult should have, except for the ones I've flossed! Don
Oh brother! Where's "Molar Marauder" when you need him?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-02-2001, 07:06 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Re: (arms crossed...foot tapping....head shaking)

Quote:
"Deliverance" wasn't filmed in West Virginia!
---------------

Don
Actually, Deliverance was set on the Chatahooche River (if I remember correctly), in northern Georgia.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 08-02-2001, 07:28 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Deliver me....

<Actually, Deliverance was set on the Chatahooche River (if I remember correctly), in northern Georgia>

Thank you Bill! See there gentlemen? I demand an extraction....er...retraction! Don

Old 08-02-2001, 02:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Yo Don,

Us goise from da big city resents the fact that youse think we is all mobsters, wid nuttin better to do than have gang wars. Youse just doan understan. Wars is bad for business. We is jus businessmen.
Ga-beiche !!

And anudder thing; we doan like youse knocking our nephew Lorenzo. He's a fine upstanding boy even if he is a PIA about correct spelling. I doan know who in the family he gets that from.

Uncle Vito

PS: Is you really a Don in West Virginia? I dint even know that we had relatives there. Call me the next time youse get up to da city and we'll show you a real good time.