IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Video of the BRZ GT300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Aren't we lucky! Tell me oh sage of the car world, what "newer Subaru" do you approve of if your incessant whining pertains to only "certain" newer Subarus? Wait...let me guess...the Forester XT...right? The only Subaru you drive is the one that is wildly popular with....nevermind.

What is funny, and sad, is that you are totally blind to your "issues". Anyone that buys a "newer" Subaru is a dope who bought an underpowered car, unlike your Evo, and every Evo or Subaru owner that modifies their car for more power is a dope because they spent money for too much power. You car is perfect...you made the perfect decision and bought the perfect car. Still don't see it? Yeah, I didn't think you would.

Let me try to put it another way. Anyone that makes a different decision than you do must be an idiot or jerk and you actually take it as a personal challenge that they would do something differently. This drives you to constantly feel compelled to argue with them about their choices. In case you have never taken a psychology class, this is known as having an inferiority complex and is due to a deeply rooted insecurity. Why not just enjoy your car instead of doing what you constantly do around here? Still can't answer that question, can you?
With all due respect, I think most of Alan's points are valid. Subarus seem to go down in quality every year. Almost every newer subaru I get has some sort of major problem with it. Not to mention falling apart interiors, horrible paint, and generally horrible build quality all-around.
2001 Audi S8

Last edited by Green1995SVX; 12-04-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
With all due respect, I think most of Alan's points are valid. Subarus seem to go down in quality every year. Almost every newer subaru I get has some sort of major problem with it. Not to mention falling apart interiors, horrible paint, and generally horrible build quality all-around.
And, again, I don't disagree. But do we have to hear his opinion over and over and over again?

Would I say that Subaru's quality has gone down since the 90s? Yeah. I didn't like my 2002 Outback as much as my 1997 Outback. But for all the supposed headgasket problems of the post-1996 Subarus, my 1997 Outback never had a hint of a problem at 15 years and 160K miles. And the SVX itself would be an example of a 90s Subaru with major reliability problems. No car company or car is perfect. Subarus are not Hondas or Toyotas. Hell, Hondas and Toyotas aren't Hondas and Toyotas anymore. Honda just had a recall and Toyota has been a mess lately.

And I have to say that Audi and Volvo aren't exactly examples of great build quality. I work with Germans that won't buy BMWs because they think they are crap. It depends on how you judge them. If you sell your car in 5-10 years with less than 100K on them, most cars are great. Maybe only Fiats and Chryslers would have issues as well as some of the French car companies and a few eastern block or 3rd world car companies. After 10 years and 100K miles is where you start to see issues. Even a lot of Taxi companies in Europe won't buy Mercedes anymore because they don't think the reliability still justifies the price like it used to.

Basically, I think all cars have gone down hill compared to 20-30 years ago. And 20-30 years ago my parents generation complained that cars had gone down hill compared to cars from 20-30 years before that. Look at the price of cars compared to inflation and something has to give to keep cars as cheap as they are now.

My next car may be a Honda Crosstour. Not because Subaru is so bad compared to their competitors but because Honda is still better and has not yet crossed below my personal annoyance threshold. And when/if I buy a Honda or sell my SVX I won't come on an SVX forum to CONSTANTLY bash Subarus because, in the grand scheme of things, they are still one of the better values for AWD cars when you compare them to others from the same generation.

The bottom line is that most people need cars to get them from point A to point B. People that drive their car because it is fun to drive are probably driving like pricks a little too often and have lost sight of what really matters in life. For people that don't really have the money to spend on a Benz and want an AWD car to get them to work in the snow or get their kids to school, a Subaru is still one of their better choices. Sure, they could spend money they really shouldn't be spending on an Audi, BMW or Benz but isn't that REALLY they problem with our country right now? People have become greedy and act based on their egos. They look at everyone around them and try to keep up in the great rat race. They spend money they don't have because they are fooled into thinking they need to. And when our greed screws us up, we look to the government to save us.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
And, again, I don't disagree. But do we have to hear his opinion over and over and over again?
It might be better for the forum if you used the ignore feature on landshark.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
It might be better for the forum if you used the ignore feature on landshark.

he needs to read his own signature. he does NOT seem to use the ignore feature.

apparently he's a drama queen with poor reading comprehension whose butt cheeks are easily chapped. there's my Psych 101 evaluation.

i would BUY a BR-Z, but the lack of AWD and turbo is disappointing, I*M*H*O. that's about it, really. if he likes the Build quality and reliability of recent Subarus, he should go buy a bunch of them and shut his soup cooler. i've owned 4 Subarus, so i've seen enough to know i'm not too happy with the issues they have recently. i wish it wasn't the case, but it is.

i never brought EVO's into the thread, Huskypants did. then he appointed himself Subaru's official defender, and got even more herp derp.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Hater

Quote:
The bottom line is that most people need cars to get them from point A to point B. People that drive their car because it is fun to drive are probably driving like pricks a little too often and have lost sight of what really matters in life. For people that don't really have the money to spend on a Benz and want an AWD car to get them to work in the snow or get their kids to school, a Subaru is still one of their better choices. Sure, they could spend money they really shouldn't be spending on an Audi, BMW or Benz but isn't that REALLY they problem with our country right now? People have become greedy and act based on their egos. They look at everyone around them and try to keep up in the great rat race. They spend money they don't have because they are fooled into thinking they need to. And when our greed screws us up, we look to the government to save us.

Mike, your Audi is what's wrong with this country.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
Mike, your Audi is what's wrong with this country.
I should get a Jaguar.
2001 Audi S8
Old 12-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Hater

Quote:
I should get a Jaguar.
You are a greedy terrorist.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I know you guys are all having fun baiting each other. As a previous owner of 2 Jags (XK150 and XKE) and familiar with friends that own Audi's and Evo's, I'd never turn one down. Fantastic drives compared to the general population, and my Jags gave me less problems than many mainstream cars I've owned.
I think Subaru, and Toyota, are trying to offer an affordable entry platform. And by the video, showing the possibilities. Not everyone can afford a full blown WRX STI. I think they could have gone farther in simplifying the base features, and cost. If they haven't based it on the basic drive train and suspension platform of the upper end models, they are truly fools.
How many of us have upgraded our cars performance, handling and looks based on resale value, especially when we are young and cash poor? We paid as we go.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)

Last edited by bwb3; 12-04-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
I know you guys are all having fun baiting each other. As a previous owner of 2 Jags (XK150 and XKE) and familiar with friends that own Audi's and Evo's, I'd never turn one down. Fantastic drives compared to the general population, and my Jags gave me less problems than many mainstream cars I've owned.
I think Subaru, and Toyota, are trying to offer an affordable entry platform. And by the video, showing the possibilities. Not everyone can afford a full blown WRX STI. I think they could have gone farther in simplifying the base features, and cost. If they haven't based it on the basic drive train and suspension platform of the upper end models, they are truly fools.
How many of us have upgraded our cars performance, handling and looks based on resale value, especially when we are young and cash poor? We paid as we go.
Gene
Neither of my Audis have ever had any mechanical failures within my ownership. All I've had to do is regular maintenance. Both have almost 170,000 miles.
2001 Audi S8
Old 10-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Registered SVX

Has this been previously posted?

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...aru-brz-gt300/

/T
Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
I should get a Jaguar.
I'm sure you remember how the saying goes... "A gay man without a sense of style is just a gay man with a German car."

I'd buy one to if I didn't have to look at it when I walked out to get in it. Then again, I'd also buy a Prius as well if I could slit my wrist first.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

No offense to either of you but, I think you have more in common in appreciating fine automobiles than you realize or, willing to admit.

Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)

Last edited by bwb3; 10-13-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: