SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Video of the BRZ GT300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LjYl7VfFKE

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Video of the BRZ GT300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Tony,

Thanks for posting, very cool.

Ray
Old 12-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Hater

Proud of Boxer ........ that will most likely have reliability problems based on Subaru's recent track record, and will be smoked by the average mini-van.

giant wings and widebody add-ons can't help this underpowered thing that had the potential to be great.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
Proud of Boxer ........ that will most likely have reliability problems based on Subaru's recent track record, and will be smoked by the average mini-van.

giant wings and widebody add-ons can't help this underpowered thing that had the potential to be great.
Oh yeah and Mitsubishi has such a great reliability track record. Tell me the last Mitsubishi ricer that made the top 10 in initial quality or reliability. And it isn't as ugly as an evo. And you clearly missed the intercooler in the GT300 model. I bet it has the STi engine in it and would blow the doors off your catfish.

Honest question, why does a non-SVX owner insist on posting anti-Subaru sentiments on an SVX message board? The behavior reminds of the kid from a dysfunctional home that comes to school to pick on every kid that won't defend themselves so they can feel better about themselves and transfer some of their misery onto others.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
Old 12-03-2011, 01:06 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:

Kind of a naive statement... "giant wings and widebody add-ons can't help this underpowered thing."

The car in the video is a Super GT group car. Class GT-300. If you think this is just a car with a wing and a body kit, think again.

Sure the street version is nothing like the car in the video... but it is the factory base for the car in the video.

The BRZ in stock form will be a blast to drive... NA engine, rear wheel drive, light weight, near perfect weight distribution. Everything you can ask for in a driver's car. It's more of a driver's car than an STi or Evo for sure, and that is saying a lot, coming from a former STi owner.

The video shows STi's commitment to the thing. It's huge.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Hater

Quote:
Oh yeah and Mitsubishi has such a great reliability track record. Tell me the last Mitsubishi ricer that made the top 10 in initial quality or reliability. And it isn't as ugly as an evo. And you clearly missed the intercooler in the GT300 model. I bet it has the STi engine in it and would blow the doors off your catfish.

who are you again?

what does Mitsubishi have to do with this thread? did a former girlfriend (boyfriend?) run off with an EVO owner?

Quote:
Honest question, why does a non-SVX owner insist on posting anti-Subaru sentiments on an SVX message board?

i'm a former SVX owner, current Subaru owner, who's been on this site a hell of a lot longer than you have, and have donated money to this site on several occasions. i'm not anti-Subaru, i'm anti-recent Subarus.

Quote:
The behavior reminds of the kid from a dysfunctional home that comes to school to pick on every kid that won't defend themselves so they can feel better about themselves and transfer some of their misery onto others.
poor BRZ can't defend itself? are you retarded?

Old 12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnblatt View Post
Kind of a naive statement... "giant wings and widebody add-ons can't help this underpowered thing."

The car in the video is a Super GT group car. Class GT-300. If you think this is just a car with a wing and a body kit, think again.

Sure the street version is nothing like the car in the video... but it is the factory base for the car in the video.
bingo.

Quote:
The BRZ in stock form will be a blast to drive... NA engine, rear wheel drive, light weight, near perfect weight distribution. Everything you can ask for in a driver's car. It's more of a driver's car than an STi or Evo for sure, and that is saying a lot, coming from a former STi owner.
it might be a blast to drive in the twisties, but that's about it. i'm not a parking lot cone track racecar driver wannabe, so i'm interested in real world handling, braking, AND power.
Car & Driver just voted the EVO the best handling car under $40k. it even beat the Miata "driver's car". i can't speak for the oversteering pig STi.

i would have really liked, and probably bought a BRZ/FR-S if it had some decent output and AWD - cars have gotten too big lately and i want something light and nimble. however, i also need something that goes well in snow and isn't quite so weak.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:03 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
it might be a blast to drive in the twisties, but that's about it. i'm not a parking lot cone track racecar driver wannabe, so i'm interested in real world handling, braking, AND power.
Car & Driver just voted the EVO the best handling car under $40k. it even beat the Miata "driver's car". i can't speak for the oversteering pig STi.

i would have really liked, and probably bought a BRZ/FR-S if it had some decent output and AWD - cars have gotten too big lately and i want something light and nimble. however, i also need something that goes well in snow and isn't quite so weak.
Only on a track can you push these cars to hit the numbers shown in Car and Driver magazine. So in real world driving these cars will never hit the numbers. The numbers only matter on the track.

If you are interested in real world handling, braking, and power... then the numbers in Car and Driver mean nothing.

The most important "number" in the list is the bottom one... "Fun to Drive." The Miata scored the same as the Evo... though they are entirely different cars.

I am just talking about just the pure driver's experience. And the BRZ will deliver, on the real road everyday and on a track or autocross coarse. It will be fun to drive... the reviews are coming in. And, you know down the road there will be a turbo STi version.

The old saying is true, "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow." Driving to work in a 300hp rally beast is a waste... you can't legally enjoy the thing. You can never experience the limit... so it is just like any other car. I took my STi to the track every chance I could get... that's where the fun is in these cars.

Last edited by dbarnblatt; 12-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Hater

Quote:
I am just talking about just the pure driver's experience. And the BRZ will deliver, on the real road everyday and on a track or autocross coarse. It will be fun to drive... the reviews are coming in. And, you know down the road there will be a turbo STi version.
so you will also never be able to fully experience the BRZ's limits, either. might as well buy a Prius.

down the road, i'll consider a BRZ STi ..... if it has AWD.

Quote:
The old saying is true, "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow." Driving to work in a 300hp rally beast is a waste... you can't legally enjoy the thing. You can never experience the limit... so it is just like any other car. I took my STi to the track every chance I could get... that's where the fun is in these cars.
you've never seen me drive home from work. the EVO is fun to drive slow, too, though. it will also be fun in the snow with Blizzaks, or in the summer.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
so you will also never be able to fully experience the BRZ's limits, either. might as well buy a Prius.

down the road, i'll consider a BRZ STi ..... if it has AWD.

you've never seen me drive home from work. the EVO is fun to drive slow, too, though. it will also be fun in the snow with Blizzaks, or in the summer.
If you get these cars to a track occasionally it's fun. And yes, spirited drives to work or on a weekend are worth it! Living in LA, it didn't happen often enough for me... $35K wrapped up in an STi that rarely saw excitement was not worth it for me. Someday again I will own one.

The BRZ can never have all wheel drive. The configuration won't let it... unless they do a serious redesign. The engine sits 10" further back and much lower in the compartment (better weight balance) because there is no front differential talking up room. So this is one of the first Subaru's that does not have the engine poised in front of the front wheels, but behind them, in classic sports car fashion.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Hater

Quote:
If you get these cars to a track occasionally it's fun. And yes, spirited drives to work or on a weekend are worth it! Living in LA, it didn't happen often enough for me... $35K wrapped up in an STi that rarely saw excitement was not worth it for me. Someday again I will own one.
that's why i got rid of the SVX - it is a great grand touring highway cruiser .... that never saw the highway with me.
don't forget to check out the EVO before you go STi shopping!

Quote:
The BRZ can never have all wheel drive. The configuration won't let it... unless they do a serious redesign. The engine sits 10" further back and much lower in the compartment (better weight balance) because there is no front differential talking up room. So this is one of the first Subaru's that does not have the engine poised in front of the front wheels, but behind them, in classic sports car fashion.
understood, but i wish it did have AWD. the Impreza/WRX/STi's are now the size of the old Legacy, and the new Legacy is a giant bloated pig. i wish the EVO was smaller and lighter, but its the closest thing to what i wanted in a car, besides maybe a 911 turbo.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
who are you again?
I'm the guy holding up the mirror in front of your face. Don't like what you see?

Quote:
what does Mitsubishi have to do with this thread? did a former girlfriend (boyfriend?) run off with an EVO owner?
Nope. I just recognize that Evo owners are douches. Now who else said that........

Quote:

i'm a former SVX owner, current Subaru owner, who's been on this site a hell of a lot longer than you have, and have donated money to this site on several occasions. i'm not anti-Subaru, i'm anti-recent Subarus.
Former this...used to that...whatever. What are you now? What drives a former SVX owner to CONSTANTLY trash Subarus on an SVX network full of Subaru enthiasts? Answer that simple and honest question. What are you looking to accomplish? Are you expecting Subaru enthusiasts to validate your opinion by agreeing with you so you can feel better about yourself?

Quote:
poor BRZ can't defend itself? are you retarded?
If you had a clue you would know how funny that is. It is pretty ignorant to call someone you don't know retarded. And, no, a car can't type on an internet forum. And I am pretty sure there aren't Subaru executives frequenting this forum. And most of the people here seem content to just let you endlessly bash Subaru. The funny thing is, I don't totally disagree with you. I just think your behavior is getting old and does not add to the forum. Why not just move on and spend your time on an Evo forum?

Old 12-03-2011, 03:35 PM
work in progress

Send a message via AIM to LastSVXintheChi
Registered SVX

i have never driven a RWD car before how much different is it than an FWD or AWD?

the only RWD i have driven is a pick up

1992 dark teal SVX LS
Old 12-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Hater

Quote:
I'm the guy holding up the mirror in front of your face. Don't like what you see?

Quote:
Nope. I just recognize that Evo owners are douches. Now who else said that........

Quote:
Former this...used to that...whatever. What are you now?
i'm a rockstar, biznitch!

Quote:
What drives a former SVX owner to CONSTANTLY trash Subarus on an SVX network full of Subaru enthiasts? Answer that simple and honest question. What are you looking to accomplish? Are you expecting Subaru enthusiasts to validate your opinion by agreeing with you so you can feel better about yourself?
i'm not looking to accomplish anything, other than voice my displeasure about the potential the BR-Z had to be a spectacular car, IMO

why you so mad?

Quote:
If you had a clue you would know how funny that is. It is pretty ignorant to call someone you don't know retarded.
if it herps and derps .....

Quote:
And, no, a car can't type on an internet forum. And I am pretty sure there aren't Subaru executives frequenting this forum. And most of the people here seem content to just let you endlessly bash Subaru.
i'm not endlessly bashing Subaru, just that hairdresser's car. i still own a Subaru. herp derp!

Quote:
The funny thing is, I don't totally disagree with you.
that is scary.

Quote:
I just think your behavior is getting old and does not add to the forum. Why not just move on and spend your time on an Evo forum?
your opinion is acknowledged and dismissed.
i'm staying, and as my opinions about certain newer Subarus in the Off-Topic portion of this site make you so butt-hurt, why don't you make like a tree and get the **** out of here?

Old 12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSVXintheChi View Post
i have never driven a RWD car before how much different is it than an FWD or AWD?

the only RWD i have driven is a pick up

they are fun! unfortunately, the SVX and other Subarus i've owned have spoiled me in the winter months. you CAN drive RWD cars in the snow with some good snow tires, but it gets sketchy sometimes. once you go AWD ......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: