IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX
Re: Fighting the 'Junk' Nazis.

I'm sure he wished yoU luck on your project and not your problem. I'd bet that it all works it's self out.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I'm sure he wished yoU luck on your project and not your problem. I'd bet that it all works it's self out.
15 minutes later.....http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...sser/fighting/

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

Nice work, Jerry. Honestly, I'd be proud to have you as a neighbor, and your historic property seems to be well kept (the house, land, and items on the land). Stick to your guns, without having to resort to your guns, and hopefully this will all be resolved.

I've been reading up on your area today, and there's a lot of history there. Coming from a city where every structure is scrapped and built upon every 15 years, I feel that your town should be doing everything it can to preserve it's unique history. That very land has been fought over many times through the years, every time by folks who thought they were "entitled" to the land and their actions. First by the natives, then the English, then French, then Confederates, then railroads, then miners, then industrialists and now you. Who knows, maybe in a hundred years there will be a plaque marking the site of "Subi-Crosser's homestead site". Hind sight is 20/20, but hopefully you'll find a local advocate with the vision to help you preserve what you've worked so hard on, so that it won't be lost to blind progression rampant in modern culture.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Jerry,
Bla, bla, blacreative solutions. Bla, bla, bla, ordinances something, something, compliance
You better not be friends with OT anymore BTW. He's gonna be the next "problem" case for your poor zoning department to work on. I only hope he finishes that lovely motorcycle engine first and needs a place to put it. I'm sure it will fit in the spare Honda Cub C100 frame I have sitting in my garage!
The Kawasaki 100?
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
Nice work, Jerry. Honestly, I'd be proud to have you as a neighbor, and your historic property seems to be well kept (the house, land, and items on the land). Stick to your guns, without having to resort to your guns, and hopefully this will all be resolved.

I've been reading up on your area today, and there's a lot of history there. Coming from a city where every structure is scrapped and built upon every 15 years, I feel that your town should be doing everything it can to preserve it's unique history. That very land has been fought over many times through the years, every time by folks who thought they were "entitled" to the land and their actions. First by the natives, then the English, then French, then Confederates, then railroads, then miners, then industrialists and now you. Who knows, maybe in a hundred years there will be a plaque marking the site of "Subi-Crosser's homestead site". Hind sight is 20/20, but hopefully you'll find a local advocate with the vision to help you preserve what you've worked so hard on, so that it won't be lost to blind progression rampant in modern culture.
I thought the link was broken. Did you get it open ok?

Jerry
Old 05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
I thought the link was broken. Did you get it open ok?
Works from this thread, but not the other.

Do you know the history of the paving down that alley? Is that masonry present throughout town, or only in your neighborhood? Very cool.
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Old 05-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Works from this thread, but not the other.

Do you know the history of the paving down that alley? Is that masonry present throughout town, or only in your neighborhood? Very cool.
Most of the 'old' alleys have the bricks. (city wide). When this place was built, the alley was named 'Huckelberry alley' and the street was paved with wood blocks. The trains were loaded by hand from horse drawn wagons across the street. A lot of the dock workers lived here, in this house. The steps leading upstairs from the back porch are worn down over 1/2 inch from tired feet dragging coal dirt and ashes up them. My brother wanted to replace them. I told him that was not an option. I have been here 23 years and have not worn the PAINT off of them that I put there when I came!
A German guy built this place in 1856.

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 05-04-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Now with more color

Quote:

Thank you!! When I bought this place 23 years ago, (off the BLIGHTED list), for $2,500. The windows were falling onto the porch roof and a sign stating that it was 'CONDEMNED' by the city was hanging on the side porch.
I called an 'inspector' and had him drop by. We talked and he suggested that I use this place as an 'example' of what can be done with 'older' housing. He Liked what had been done, and wanted to see more!!
He 'pulled' the 'condemned' sign and went away!
When I ripped the front steps off and pulled the weeds, I got OVATIONS from passing MOTORISTS!!
I still get comments from people waiting at the stoplight!

I call it "Cumberland's FINEST derilect housing"!

If I can 'save' a condemned house, I ought to be able to save a few old cars in the back yard!

Jerry
Old 05-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
Thank you!! When I bought this place 23 years ago, (off the BLIGHTED list), for $2,500. The windows were falling onto the porch roof and a sign stating that it was 'CONDEMNED' by the city was hanging on the side porch.
I called an 'inspector' and had him drop by. We talked and he suggested that I use this place as an 'example' of what can be done with 'older' housing. He Liked what had been done, and wanted to see more!!
He 'pulled' the 'condemned' sign and went away!
When I ripped the front steps off and pulled the weeds, I got OVATIONS from passing MOTORISTS!!
I still get comments from people waiting at the stoplight!

I call it "Cumberland's FINEST derilect housing"!

If I can 'save' a condemned house, I ought to be able to save a few old cars in the back yard!
WELLLL!! I got another letter today. The city Council member that takled to me after the meeting 4-13 sent it. He Stated that "The issue is resolved", and gave me his 'home phone number and personal e-mail addy'!
To celebrate, I painted my garage door that looked kinda rough in the pics I posted the other nite!

Jerry
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Told you
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Registered SVX

PEACE at last
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

<applause>

Score one for the little guy!! Congrats!

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

Very happy to read this. Congratulations!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Very happy to read this. Congratulations!
'HISTORY' will continue to be 'preserved' here!
I did some 'work' on the SVX, and 'rubbed' a few dents out of my son's Merc today. (both registered' cars), The Mustang is headed to the bodyshop soon and my 61 Ford will be coming home this weekend.
I am going to 'cover' whatever is here, (Not under a carport) and put a 'NOTICE' on the covers that a 'Search Warrant' is needed to pull a cover up to look for a tag!
I will be driving the 65 Cuda back too.
I can SWAMP this neighborhood with old cars. The sewing machine is in the garage and I have enough canvas to cover 10 cars, (with 'manufactured' car covers). My daughter is quite the SEEMSTRESS and does a LOT of 'custom' work!

Jerry
Old 05-08-2010, 05:12 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

[QUOTE=subi-crosser;646251]
I am going to 'cover' whatever is here, (Not under a carport) and put a 'NOTICE' on the covers that a 'Search Warrant' is needed to pull a cover up to look for a tag!
QUOTE]

Now you're getting there Jerry! Glad you got everything resolved without having to pay any $$$