IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
What's with Dodge and V10's?

I was driving into Quebec the other day at a normal speed, 125 or so, and this big red thing goes roaring past me. Ram SRT-10. I have never been passed that fast by anything. The guy must have been doing at least double my speed. Why does Dodge seem to have so much fun throwing Viper engines at things? Ram, the Tomohawk concept bike...

I guess he wanted to go for one last blast before putting it away for the winter.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-16-2006, 02:25 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
What's with Mazda and rotaries? What's with Subaru and boxers? What's with Yamaha and v-twins? What's with Ford and turbo diesels? What's with Ferrari and V12's? What's with Bugatti and quad turbo W16's?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

LOL! I guess if you've made a brute of an engine, you should try to stuff it into everything you can find in sight!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 12-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
This is true. lol.

mmmmmmmmm....W-16 Quad turbo....Although I'm kind of partial to Saleen's 7L twin turbo V8 myself.

2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos

Old 12-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
This is true. lol.

mmmmmmmmm....W-16 Quad turbo....Although I'm kind of partial to Saleen's 7L twin turbo V8 myself.
I have more respect for the Saleen than the Bugatti, Saleen makes maybe 300hp less than the Bugatti with half the engine! Just put 2 Saleen motors together and make 1400hp . Sure the Bugatti takes anything short of a sports bike in the 0-60 department but thats only because of its AWD, the Saleen will blow past the Bugatti after 120mph when the Bugatti's AWD advantage has been out done by the Saleen's power/weight ratio. The Saleen will also beat the Bugatti to top speed.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 12-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Abso-friggin-lutely. Plus there are now three different versions of the S7. The 750 hp street car, and for those who need a bit more power, an 850 hp version. If 850 isn't good enough, they can pull out all the the governing equipment and it's good for 1000 hp. Unfortunately the last two aren't street legal.

1000 HP out of a 7-L pushrod V8? Anyone who can do that gets my full respect. And envy.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
LOL! I guess if you've made a brute of an engine, you should try to stuff it into everything you can find in sight!
When you were at Cumberland auto-xing, did you see the black version of the truck mentioned that runs H-S??
They put any 2 wd pickup into H-S....V-10 and all.

( he also has an Outback wagon that he uses to get to work)

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 12-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Hey GM does it too. The Vette, Trailblazer SS, upcoming Silverado and Tahoe SS, Camaro, GTO, all carry the LS2. Not to mention the entire L-series truck motor line, and the LS4 transverse mount in the Grand Prix GXP, Impala SS, and Monte SS are all LS2's with different intake/cam combos.

I guess the lesson to be learned here is: if you've got a winner, share the wealth.

BTW, the next Viper will be a V8, and the RAM SRT-10 is already no more. Why I dunno.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: