How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 09:48 PM
building more AK47's

I am a firm believer of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Our Founding Fathers wanted to insure peoples rights and beliefs. No they couldnt envison airplanes and future technology but they had a core system of basic laws and principles. Our government to the most part has abused this by influence of lobbying groups and big corporations. All men are created equal and should be treated as such. I applaud Americans who stand up to these abuses. The government is there to work for us not the other way around. We should advise and then they should act on those advices. Refining the Patriot Act would work and then would be worthy of being called the "Patriot Act". Im all for punishing terrorists DOMESTIC and FOREIGN to the fullest extent. Empowering americans by giving the right to defend themselves was one of the original amendments in the Constitution. I dont need no silly Homeland Security threat level warning to tell me to go out and buy duct tape and plastic sheeting and wait for the govt to tell me its ok. The last time that happened was Sept 11 2001 when our government was asleep at the wheel and no one did anything prior. If passengers can make a difference in one hijacking then so be it, they sacrificed their lives to save others. They stood up to these pricks and made a difference, I thank them for doing what they did. Keep on expressing your First Amendment here and your Second Amendment when the time comes
Old 06-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Certified Porschephile

Uberoo, thank you for your valid objective response. No one will always agree, but by agreeing with me, even if it's an agree to disagree, about reading and researching the facts before becoming disgruntled, we have reached a common plane.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
No one will always agree, but by agreeing with me, even if it's an agree to disagree...
Wow. I think you get the award for using the most AGREE's in one sentence.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Certified Porschephile

Thank you! First I'd like to thank all of the agreeable people who agreed with my nomination for this award, then whole heartedly agreed with my selection then agreed to present me the the agree award we agreed about. It's all about the little people, agree?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:57 PM
no limitation as limitation

indeed to much aliteration. but i agree.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
I've not been spending enough time on this board. A political debate, four pages long, and I've not read it??!

Quote:
You know most of the government officials you say are screwing things up have doctorate degrees.

That is true. The current administration and congress is packed with ultra smart people. No one can deny that however these people don't always make decisions based upon their intelligence. Many political officials (on both sides) make choices based upon money or party politics. Only one senator voted against the Patriot Act when it was passed in late 2001. Did all other 99 senators believe that it is a good thing at that time or were they following suit?

Quote:
while there were no actual WMD's found, large amounts of equipment used to make and deliver them were, according to people i know in the military who were in Iraq. would you feel safer knowing a renegade regime who hates the U.S. and consorts with, and supports known terrorist organizations was pretty close to developing WMD's? sure, lets just try to talk reasonably with them!
Libya? North Korea? Iran? Sudan? Syria? Algeria? Egypt? Saudi Arabia? Pakistan? These countries have supported terrorists yet the US hasn't done much to protect us from them. In fact, we're allied with several of them.

The government's justification for going to war with Iraq was to stop Iraq's WMD from being used against America. What about these other countries? What does the US plan to do about North Korea's Dongfeng missiles?

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 06-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
What does the US plan to do about North Korea's Dongfeng missiles?
Kill everyone and take the missiles.

Well ok that's if I was president.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Libya? North Korea? Iran? Sudan? Syria? Algeria? Egypt? Saudi Arabia? Pakistan? These countries have supported terrorists yet the US hasn't done much to protect us from them. In fact, we're allied with several of them.
Can we add Indonesia to the list?
Old 06-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow
Okay, so if i walk in your house, rifle through your ****, check every website you've ever visited, find some random website that is in arabic, and arrest and detain you for a month, then release you and say, whoops, you're not a terrorist... you'd be cool with this? you could have been a terrorist though. or maybe you were a commie... we weren't sure...
Well, given the way the last few months have sucked for me, that might be an improvement

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
While I don't think the Patriot Act (and yes I have read every word) is the ultimate solution, it is the best solution that has been brought to the table thus far.

Laws can always be updated and superseded, that's why we have the amendment process.

Personally I am much more concerned about the government protecting the civil rights of the piece of **** that broke into my house and brags about it because my security camera is "Inadmissible" due to the fact that I didn't have a warning sign telling people that my house is under video surveillance. WTF? He has a restraining order against ME! If I go near him, I'll get put in jail, yet he walks free? He walks past my house and laughs. This is what happens when people worry to much about hurting people's feelings.

I'll tell you one thing, If that crackhead SOB disappears at the same time my garage floor is poured, it would be a huge step forward in democracy.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
I'll tell you one thing, If that crackhead SOB disappears at the same time my garage floor is poured, it would be a huge step forward in democracy.

Doug
Thick slab, lots of work digging out (back still hurting from digging basement out and carrying dirt in 5 gallon buckets). Might suggest cutting the crackhead in pieces first.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Certified Porschephile

A large amount of a strong acid would work if you had the time. If not, mixing him in with the concrete is a good solution as it resists the decay and telltale smell that leads to discovery of the body. Oops, I think I'm supposed to be on the other side of this .
Old 06-14-2005, 05:45 PM
SVX Appeal

Just stop pouring when you reach the ankles.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberRoo
Just stop pouring when you reach the ankles.
That way you can still tickle his feet!
Old 06-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
The bible said something about a bush. It was on fire and thought it was God. Preminision?
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.