How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 08:51 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I guess the 1972 undefeated Miami dolphins arent a great team either because 12 of the 14 teams they beat in the regular season had a .500 record or below. ....fact of the matter is that any team who is 13-1 had a GREAT year. Miami beating the patriots last night proves what benebob said...anything can happen on any given sunday. To be able to win week after week proves that you are a great team. And this goes for the eagles, steelers , and patriots.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 12-21-2004, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
To be able to win week after week proves that you are a great team. And this goes for the eagles, steelers , and patriots.
That's okay, y'all just go ahead and ignore the 11-3 Falcons; they might surprise you. If they're on their game, they'll beat anybody.

(Then again, I've been a Falcons fan long enough to know that no team is better at NOT being on their game...)

dcb
Old 12-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by dcarrb

That's okay, y'all just go ahead and ignore the 11-3 Falcons; they might surprise you. If they're on their game, they'll beat anybody.

(Then again, I've been a Falcons fan long enough to know that no team is better at NOT being on their game...)

dcb
Got Tampa Bay??

LOL, sorry... had to! LOL
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:40 AM

Tampa's only relevance to this discussion is that they're in the division Atlanta has already clinched. And hey, the Falcons beat 'em once.

(If I were an upcoming Atlanta opponent, I'd sure be studying game tape from the last Falcons/Bucs meeting.)

dcb
Old 12-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
does General Motors own the Eagles?
Does Porsche own the Steelers? God I hope not, i'd have to give up on them.

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
My point was you will never be able to call the 2004 Eagles one of the greatest teams ever. They are not in the same league as the great Steelers teams of the 70's, the 49'ers of the 80's, or the Cowboys of the 90's. Plain fact. I like Donovan. But he isn't one of the 10 best ever. Dawkins is one of my favorites. T.O. might make some top 10's, but name another Eagle. Pinkston? Please. Brown or Sheppard? They are a GOOD team in an era where there really isn't any great ones. New England is a far better team talent wise then Philly. Go position by position. I'd take New England's roster over Philly's if I was startimg my own team. Saying they are good, and not great isn't being a hater Shadow, it's being fair and realistic.
I can call the Eagles one of the greatest teams ever. Why not? John Madden and Al Michaels did. They are much more qualified to make that judgement than any of us (no matter how much of a nutball madden is). Eagles have been one of the strongest teams over the entire life of the NFL. They have some bad years, but they have far more good years.

What it comes down to is, when you're at the top, there's a whole lot of people beneath you looking up, and they aren't happy about it.

So just keep whining.

BTW, statistically, the eagles of this and the past three years are a stronger team than the Cowboys of the 90's. Mandi is a crazed Cowboy fan and won't ever shut up about the '95 Cowboys , so I took the time to figure out the average for the four good years for Dallas, and the Eagles. Dallas got an 87%, Eagles got an 89% (I was assuming the Eagles would lose another game this season and finish 14-2, and that their point average would remain the same). I'm not about to do that again with any other teams though. Sorry, I have better things to do.

Quote:
I guess the 1972 undefeated Miami dolphins arent a great team either because 12 of the 14 teams they beat in the regular season had a .500 record or below. ....fact of the matter is that any team who is 13-1 had a GREAT year. Miami beating the patriots last night proves what benebob said...anything can happen on any given sunday. To be able to win week after week proves that you are a great team. And this goes for the eagles, steelers , and patriots.
I could sit here and list statistics and key matchups showing that other teams at the top had the exact same problems the Eagles do, and they'd still pick on the Eagles. Like I said before, the Eagles could win every super bowl for the next ten years and that still wouldn't change the minds of the "haters". Fact is, it doesn't matter how good Philly gets, many people will never recognize it because they just hate Philly. The best teams always have the loudest critics.

Wah wah wah...they can just keep crying all the way to the Super Bowl. When this "mediocre" team wins, i'll buy everyone some tissues. If they don't win, I save myself some money.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248

Wah wah wah...they can just keep crying all the way to the Super Bowl. When this "mediocre" team wins, i'll buy everyone some tissues. If they don't win, I save myself some money.
Don't even waste your money shadow...i can steal some from work

Old 12-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Hater

Quote:
Does Porsche own the Steelers? God I hope not, i'd have to give up on them.
i think Subaru should - you know, great performance in the snow.

Quote:
I could sit here and list statistics and key matchups showing that other teams at the top had the exact same problems the Eagles do, and they'd still pick on the Eagles. Like I said before, the Eagles could win every super bowl for the next ten years and that still wouldn't change the minds of the "haters".
"wah wah wah, the Eagles will never get any respect no matter what they do!"
try again.

Quote:
looks like you'll have some extra money next year.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-21-2004, 10:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
With T.O. down Freddy Mitchel & Todd Pinkston had better step up or it's over.

I remember an old song, "Eli's Comming."
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:39 AM

Quote:

I could sit here and list statistics and key matchups showing that other teams at the top had the exact same problems the Eagles do, and they'd still pick on the Eagles. Like I said before, the Eagles could win every super bowl for the next ten years and that still wouldn't change the minds of the "haters". Fact is, it doesn't matter how good Philly gets, many people will never recognize it because they just hate Philly. The best teams always have the loudest critics.

denial is not just a river in egypt.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)

Old 12-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Certified Porschephile

Shadow, what's makes a team great is winning when it counts. Dallas has 5 rings. So does San Fran. How many does Philly have? Philly had 3 title games in a row to prove it. They lost all 3, twice at home. Dallas went to 4 title games in a row. They won 3 and then won all 3 Super Bowls. That's getting it done. Pittsburg won 4 in like 5 or 6 years. That's getting it done. Miami was in 3 straight Super Bowls from 72-74. They won twice. New England went to two in three years. They won both. That's what makes a team great. If Philly had won the last 3 years, they'd be looked at as great. It's not about hating philly.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
The Dallas Cowboys were "bridesmaids" for many years not getting to th s upebowl.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 12-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Certified Porschephile

Dallas Cowboys have been to 11 NFC title games (most in NFC history) since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. They won 8 and went 5-3 in the Super Bowl.

Philadelphia Eagles have been to 4 NFC title games so far. They won one and became the first team to ever lose a Super Bowl to a wild card team, 27-10 to the Oakland Raiders in 1981.

Pittsburg Steelers are 4-1 in the Super Bowl. San Fran 5-0. New England is 2-2. Miami is 2-3. Denver is 2-4. Washington is 3-2. Green Bay is 3-1. New York Giants are 2-1. Oakland/L.A. Raiders are 3-2. No one else has more then 1 win.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:06 PM

I witnessed one of those Dallas NFC title victories, over the Falcons in Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, in 1980. Never been so cold, or brokenhearted, in my life. The Falcons led 24-10 at halftime and ended up losing 27-24 on a Cowboys' touchdown with just a couple of minutes left in the game. My friend and I just sat and cried. (Of course, we'd been drinking heavily...)

The Falcons have had such a dismal history, surpassed in ineptitude only by the Saints and perhaps the Cardinals. One NFC championship. One. Two division titles. A smattering of one-and-out wild card appearances. One Super Bowl; a miserable showing against Denver. So if you want to pull for an underdog in this postseason, Atlanta's your team.

dcb
Old 12-21-2004, 01:15 PM

I was there in Philly last year when they lost to the Panthers. I literally sat there and cried...and i wasnt drinking heavily. I was also at games 4 and 5 in the 2001 NBA finals when the sixers lost to the lakers.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I was there in Philly last year when they lost to the Panthers. I literally sat there and cried...and i wasnt drinking heavily. I was also at games 4 and 5 in the 2001 NBA finals when the sixers lost to the lakers.
hahaha...

I mean, Im sorry!