Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 05-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

What time do we want to gather? I'm taking Friday off, so I can meet anytime. I would like to get out of the Bay Area before rush hour hits or I'll be screwed.

Matt
Old 05-11-2004, 11:49 PM
deruvian

Quote:
Originally posted by nordique14
What time do we want to gather? I'm taking Friday off, so I can meet anytime. I would like to get out of the Bay Area before rush hour hits or I'll be screwed.

Matt
I'm kinda-sorta waiting on these details for when a definite time and place are decided for the meet in Reno. No reason to meet on I80 at noon when everyone is meeting in Reno at 7PM, ya know?
Old 05-12-2004, 10:39 AM

I understand, but I don not want to be going through Roseville during rush hour. ugh. If we get there a couple of hours early, that's good too. Gives us time to check in and maybe grab some dinner (or hit the blackjack table) before the gathering.

Matt
Old 05-12-2004, 07:03 PM

I get off of work at 3:30 if the caravan leaves before then so be it. Also the traffic in roseville is bad but not that bad.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Why are people so demanding?

Can't believe I missed this deal. Sorry guys still semi-new to the posting business. I'd love to meet you guys up there in Auburn. I'm only down in Sacramento and it ends up like 20 min out of my way. I'll have my digital cam with me that can do still and motion shots (w/audio). Where is the official meeting spot, or have we set one yet?

'07 Scion tC, 38K miles
Nothing special...

'08 Yamaha FZ6, 6K miles
MODs coming soon...
Old 05-12-2004, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blk97lsi
Can't believe I missed this deal. Sorry guys still semi-new to the posting business. I'd love to meet you guys up there in Auburn. I'm only down in Sacramento and it ends up like 20 min out of my way. I'll have my digital cam with me that can do still and motion shots (w/audio). Where is the official meeting spot, or have we set one yet?
P.S. Highway 50 is only one lane, I know, but still might be a little more scenic and less scenic (cops) if you know what I mean

'07 Scion tC, 38K miles
Nothing special...

'08 Yamaha FZ6, 6K miles
MODs coming soon...
Old 05-13-2004, 12:01 AM
deruvian

Quote:
It seems like we will be meeting in Auburn. It's on I80 and is therefore on the way for everyone. It's a little bit of a back-track for me, but not much.

It's no big thing to add yourself to the list. Just copy and paste the original list and add your name to the end! Good to have you on board.

We're still deciding on a time, by the way. I wanna see what people have to say about Michelle's proposed meeting time of 4 - 5pm in Reno before we make a decision here.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:28 PM
deruvian

OK everyone, here's the lowdown.

I propose that we meet in Auburn along I80 at 2:30 - 3:00p.m. on Friday, June 18th.

The caravan from the Bay Area is meeting around 12p.m., and everyone is hooking up in Reno around 5p.m. That puts us smack-dab in the middle. The people from the Bay Area should be able to get to Auburn around 2:30 - 3:00p.m., meet with us, and then we can all leave shortly after 3:00p.m. to get to Reno around 5:30p.m. We may arrive in Reno a little after everyone else, but I think the timing will be good enough.

We can meet at the In-and-Out restaurant parking lot in Auburn. You take the Grass Valley/Highway 49 exit and turn left. Take your first right along 49 and go up the hill. In-and-Out is pretty damn obvious from there, since it's right next to ya! The restaurant is visible from the freeway, and has a large enough parking lot. The lot sometimes gets pretty packed, but parking is available along the hill up to the restaurant, as well as in a Marie Callendar's restaurant parking lot.

Sound good?
Old 05-18-2004, 04:41 PM

Registered SVX
Auburn/Reno

1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14
4) zamorush
5) NeedForSpeed

I'll meet you there!
Old 05-31-2004, 11:27 PM
deruvian

Alright guys. This thread kinda started to die on me... Not cool!

Let's get a secondary, finalized list of who is going to meet up in Auburn. I've gotten kinda confused with all the people saying they're going to Reno, then not going to Reno, etc.

1) deruvian

BTW - Is everyone still cool with the plans for meeting in Auburn?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:34 AM

1) deruvian
2) nordique14

Quote:
Originally posted by deruvian
BTW - Is everyone still cool with the plans for meeting in Auburn?
Yep. In-and-Out Burger off of Hwy49 on June 18th between 2:30-3:00.

Matt
Old 06-07-2004, 09:03 PM
deruvian

Well, seeming as NeedForSpeed sent in his reply after I posted the official plans, I'll add him to the list. If you got any complaints NeedForSpeed, let me know.

1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed

Is that all? What about zamorush? Are you still coming??

I thought it would be a good idea for us to exchange cell phone numbers and a decription of your car. This way, if anyone appears to be late, we can call them to see where they're at. It would definitely suck to be left behind, eh?

Please PM me the info, and I'll put it all together and send it to each of you when completed. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:03 PM

There are about 5 of us coming up from the Bay Area. Don't know if Nik is going to make it to Auburn (he may take off before then).

Matt
Old 06-13-2004, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by deruvian
Well, seeming as NeedForSpeed sent in his reply after I posted the official plans, I'll add him to the list. If you got any complaints NeedForSpeed, let me know.

1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed

Is that all? What about zamorush? Are you still coming??

I thought it would be a good idea for us to exchange cell phone numbers and a decription of your car. This way, if anyone appears to be late, we can call them to see where they're at. It would definitely suck to be left behind, eh?

Please PM me the info, and I'll put it all together and send it to each of you when completed. Thanks!
Sent you a pm with my phone info. I'll be meeting at the Great Mall at 12 noon, is that correct?

1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed
4) blk97lsi

'07 Scion tC, 38K miles
Nothing special...

'08 Yamaha FZ6, 6K miles
MODs coming soon...
Old 06-13-2004, 04:41 PM
deruvian

Quote:

Sent you a pm with my phone info. I'll be meeting at the Great Mall at 12 noon, is that correct?

1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed
4) blk97lsi
The meeting spot is actually at the In & Out in Auburn at 2:30 - 3:00. I think you're talking about the Bay Area meeting place.

Thanks for the PM.