Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2006, 09:47 PM
THAWA

Rear Spring diameter, Rear strut mount bolt pattern

Does anyone know any of this information? It doesn't matter if it's ID or OD, I just need to know the diameter of the stock rear springs (top diameter moreso than bottom diameter), and the bolt pattern of the stock rear strut mounts.

Last edited by THAWA; 02-06-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:33 PM
THAWA

bump567890
Old 02-02-2006, 07:45 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
PM Mychailo I think he knows the answer.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 02-06-2006, 10:57 AM
THAWA

No reply from mbtoloczko.

I measured the rear strut top bolt pattern. It's an equilateral triangle with sides roughly 4". VERY good news! . Spring diameter doesn't really matter anymore, but I've got a hunch (after inpertrating some half ass info) it's around 100mm ID . New suspension soon!

Last edited by THAWA; 02-06-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:35 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by THAWA
No reply from mbtoloczko.

I measured the strut top bolt pattern. It's an equilateral triangle with sides roughly 4". VERY good news! . Spring diameter doesn't really matter anymore, but I've got a hunch (after inpertrating some half ass info) it's around 100mm ID . New suspension soon!
I saw your message, but didn't have time over the weekend to do it. I don't know the exact measurements on the strut top bolt pattern, but I know that the front and rear patterns are different, and that the front is not an equilateral triangle.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
THAWA

Snap! I meant the rear for all of this stuff. I could have sworn that I put that in the original post, but I guess not. At any rate, with an inch ruler (mm would be better but I don't know where it is :\) the fronts are an isosceles triangle with the base being 4.25" and the legs being 5". I don't understand the reason for this, other subarus have an equilateral triangle with all sides being 5". Does the isosceles-ness aid in some way? Never the less, a new (MUCH cheaper) suspension option will be verified in a week or so, after I order a replacement front strut mount for my noisy one.

Also, the SVX rear struts are hella easier to take out than any other new gen non-wagon subarus. You have a straight shot to the bolts, instead of having the rear deck area in the way.

Last edited by THAWA; 02-06-2006 at 01:07 PM.