How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-28-2007, 11:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to Cho
Solenoid B code.

I got the code for a Solenoid B. I've known about this for over a year now and the car has just been sitting. So I went to Subaru and asked one of the advisors there and they said that If I replace the Solenoid, the shifting problems should go away in my transmission and should clear the code.

BTW the problem with my transmission is that it goes kinda slugishly slow on the 1st and 2nd Gears then when it hits 3rd it goes like normal and it WONT go into Reverse.

Any techs here think that could be the problem?

1995 SVX L - Emerald Green
1992 Supra Turbo Red

Mods: Slotted Front and Rear Rotors, K&N Stock filter, Blue LED Interior Lights, and New Paint.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:14 AM

Registered SVX
Solenoid B controls pressure to the lock up clutch and it appears unlikely that this would tie in with the faults you describe.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:37 PM

Well the only other thing that I can think of that would cause that is the resistor. So I bought a new resistor today and I'm going to install it. See if it changes anything in the car.

Code 14 is the one I got. And I believe its Solenoid B. Any Ideas on what else could cause this?

1992 Supra Turbo Red

Mods: Slotted Front and Rear Rotors, K&N Stock filter, Blue LED Interior Lights, and New Paint.

Last edited by Cho; 12-29-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho View Post
Well the only other thing that I can think of that would cause that is the resistor. So I bought a new resistor today and I'm going to install it. See if it changes anything in the car.

Code 14 is the one I got. And I believe its Solenoid B. Any Ideas on what else could cause this?
Cho,

According to my manuals which cover the right hand drive models and as far as I am aware are no different in this respect, code 14 indicates a faulty shift solenoid No. 2. This would tie in better with the symptoms you report.

The shift solenoids are accessible without removing the transmission, which could be welcome news in respect of costs.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:02 PM

any photos on where Solenoid no.2 would be? I'm kinda lost when it comes to the transmission.

1992 Supra Turbo Red

Old 12-31-2007, 06:22 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho View Post
any photos on where Solenoid no.2 would be? I'm kinda lost when it comes to the transmission.
Solenoid no.2 is located with other solenoids within the valve body at the bottom of the transmission, concealed by the oil pan which must be removed to gain access.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:38 PM

If this happens to be the case, do you guys know how much it is for a replacement from Subaru? BTW I just finished my resistor so I'll be putting that back into the car tomorrow.

1992 Supra Turbo Red