Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 04-10-2007, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
If the radiator gets to be too big a pain, put it in the trunk and make some scoops in the rear windows, with openings in the rear of the trunk for the air to pass out.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 AM

Why would the widths cause a problem? I can see if the diameter was different but as long as you stay within a 1% f/b overall height ratio....your fine. Now, I know that I will have issues with wheel bearings, but, that isn't a concern for me.

Rads in the trunk....Drift style! For a min, I thought of that......a breif min. I'll get it...probably a custom set-up. The SVX rad is surprisingly small IMO.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ben, the stall issue is not restricted to those running stock flywheels versus an aftermarket one... It is dependant on vaccum leaks or not... if your engine has a small vaccum leak, you probobly won't stall. If everything is sealed up tight, you will stall all the time... Engine lacks air when the stall happens so a leak will introducwe some of the air needed to keep it running

Tom
Old 04-10-2007, 11:58 AM

^^^^^ good to know!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 PM

some new pics for you all...........

Old 04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
hahaha i just got a brighton wagon too.... I feel your pain. Looks like it is comming along well Good luck and make sure you keep us updated

Tom
Old 04-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat
Why would the widths cause a problem? I can see if the diameter was different but as long as you stay within a 1% f/b overall height ratio....your fine. Now, I know that I will have issues with wheel bearings, but, that isn't a concern for me.

Rads in the trunk....Drift style! For a min, I thought of that......a breif min. I'll get it...probably a custom set-up. The SVX rad is surprisingly small IMO.

Getting 2 differnet width tires that are the same circumfrance will be tough, as they have to be with-in 1/4" of each other....can it be done...sure....but will make every tire change a PITA.

I like the fender flares.....
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 04-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Ben, the stall issue is not restricted to those running stock flywheels versus an aftermarket one... It is dependant on vaccum leaks or not... if your engine has a small vaccum leak, you probobly won't stall. If everything is sealed up tight, you will stall all the time... Engine lacks air when the stall happens so a leak will introducwe some of the air needed to keep it running

Tom
I was kidding with him. Our flywheel is of the lightened aftermarket type which was lightened an additional 2.3lbs. Its almost flexplate weight now. I'm sure we have plenty of air leaks. My XT had the stall problem for a spell when I first did the coversion but it when away totally on its own.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
Getting 2 differnet width tires that are the same circumfrance will be tough, as they have to be with-in 1/4" of each other....can it be done...sure....but will make every tire change a PITA.

I like the fender flares.....
I'm with you on the tire changes being a real pita. I have found a set of V710 Kuhmos that will do the trick for auto-x use (I MAY try running the 10.5's in the front EVO style) and most likely get another set of wheels that are 17x9 on all four paws for open track to help avoid the tire cost issue but as it stands the cost difference for 9 vs 10.5 in the size I need is @ $30/tire....not that bad.

I just want to drive the damn thing at this point! I already have a spare trans as I believe this will go first and a spare engine juuuust in case. I do have a time limit though, it needs to de done, painted and running by the end of July (just got the date today...thought it was the end of this month!)

Thank you to everyone for all of your support and well wishes!

Craig
Old 05-14-2007, 06:17 PM

^^ do you have any more pics of this swap motor pics thank you.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 PM

Paint Job

Love the paint. That would look great on a buggy motor too.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:35 AM

the engine will not remain that color for very long. My son wanted to see it like that. I swapped in a few more SVX compnenets and am now able to run Cobra Mustang wheels! (components I got from this forum!). I actually have so much going on now that it is hard to find time for all of these cars.

My racing team now has a blog if your interested

http://www.ultimatecarforum.com/blog/

THe ultimate car forum is a sponsor of ours and built the page. Thank you everyone for your continued interest and support.

If you do read some of the blog entries, you will see the new car we are building as well as the "W6-R". I am looking for an engine, ECU and dash wiring harness to do another 3.3 swap in the WRX.

Thanks again!

Craig
Old 05-15-2007, 05:38 AM

nico,

Am I reading your sig right? you have a 22b?

I will be in Montreal in June and am looking to buy a 22b or a 555....let me know if you know of any please. I would like to buy 2 of the 22b's to race down here.

Thanks in advance!

Craig
Old 05-18-2007, 05:52 PM

hello craig nice to meet you.

no i dont have a 22b its how i describe my motor, its ej22t block with the same heads used on the 22b. its a gc8 sedan with eveything you can think of from sti.

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/f...ad.php?t=99165

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtop...438&highlight=

i really like this swap that your doing, it has crossed my mind for some time now, i own a nice svx that i am sick of trying to swap other subaru parts on it to make it better but its a wiast of time.

i am picking up a sweet 2.5rs gc8 2door and i want to swap the eg33 in it, since your head of me right now in doing it i wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

i will wire the hole car up like a svx, stock svx wiring harness hole car front to back svx so i have no problems there, about the motor does all the svx stuff fit under the hood of the gc8? rad, power steering, ac, i am trying to keep it simple and stock.

whats going on in montreal when you go up?

thanks for any info nico.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:52 AM

I'm sorry everyone for the lack of communicaton....been so busy with my own business, racing, testing and trying to finish this car. The car has to be done by Aug to make a meet at Mastro Subaru and to run the Gainsville Subaru Challenge.....lots on my plate right now.

Nico i WRX....I was in Montreal for the F1 race as our F430 Ferrari Challenge cars were the opening race for F1. Our next stop was in Mont-Tremblant for a two race weekend. Beautiful area...I'm going to try to bring the family there for Vaca!!!!

Here is the update on the car..........

The engine is in, wired, radiator is finally in and clears. My airbox is in and the hood closes with no issues whatsoever!

The body is done..roughly as I am no body man. I need to send it out to get smoothed properly though. Hubs are converted (SVX hubs in Impreza knuckles....tough one there) And I now have a brake combo....Impreza knuckles, 95 240SX rotors (f), SVX calipers and Cobra SVT wheels. The interior is completely stripped, fuel filler relocated to the inside of the trunk, lw Flywheel, clutch etc....all in and functioning. I also welded up a stainless dual 2 1/2" exhaust system that exits out the pass side.

All thats left now is to connect the wires from the SVX to the Impreza and I should fire next week (heading to California this weekend for two days...testing)

One qustion I have regarding the wiring though.....

I have the wiring diagram from the SVX along with the control module I/O chart. according to the I/O chart, plug B59-pin 15 is for the back-up power supply (constant 12v). I cant find that pin on any schematic to verify this.....its just plain not listed. I have gone through the entire schematics several times and can't find it. Can anyone verify that on a 92 SVX ecm plug B59 that pin 15 is constant 12v, pins 2 and 13 are switched 12v and the fuel pump trigger wire?

I just don't want to get anxious and smoke the ecm before I start you know?
You have all been very helpfull during this build. Thank you in advance for any insight.

BTW, there are new pics at the bottom of pg 13 if your interested

http://ultimatecarforum.com/smf/inde...topic=1151.300

Thank you all soo much again......