SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 02:47 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
When the Dems can actually select a canidate that is more moderate they may have a shot. Both sides are leaning to the extremes, I'm just more comfortable with religious zealots over communists. I'll keep my hard earned money thank you, the *****s and druggies can get a real job.
Hmm..... given a choice of voting for either a "communist" or a "religious zealot", I think I'd rather write in "Glinda". At least she'd have the power to fulfill any election promises.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:03 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.anderson
Bush is better then the other options.

At least he supports the military and does not sway to the whims of the media.
Because the military is such a great thing....

Guns.. bombs... woo... yeah ....

Its a ****ing power trip for guys who have nothing.

Yeah I guess its great for people who have nothing else, having someone tell you everything including how to sleep.... but Id rather choose my own path.

I dont support how militaristic our country is, or the slaughter of our troops in Iraq everyday. Those boys need to come home. We need to worry about making agreements with North Korea so that we dont become the next Iraq...

As for the obvious

Bush is a ****ing idiot, and thats all there is to it. Im embarrassed to call myself an American these days.

I really dont want to get into a heated debate, but probably will end up doing it anyway. You talk about liberals like they are some sort of disease, and yes I do agree, there are some crazy people and protesters out there, Im NOT one of them. I just want to be able to live my life without the government telling me how to do it. I really am disgusted with turning on the tv to hear "4 soldiers killed in Iraq today..." Theyre dying for what? WMD? Freedom? Democracy? Theyre dying for oil. Theyre dying so that a scared man in power can prove himself. Theyre dying because he cant let go of the "ideal" of "spreading democracy".

If we needed to go into Iraq, we needed a plan that would get us back out quickly. This obviously wasnt the case.

What are we trying to prove?

US of A .. Biggest assholes ftw....

Oh yeah, and..
I am NOT a Communist, thats for sure, and this stereotyping of always relating Communists to Liberals should been gone with McCarthy... c'mon people...

wtf people talk about liberals like they are a disease. why dont you come see the ocean or a real city sometime? I mean, granted, sometimes protesters take it over the top, but I had much respect for Cindy Sheehan and her group. Besides, Id much rather deal with protesters that take it over the top, than some evangelical **** who tells me Im making a mistake if I dont idolize a higher power.

Im not the smartest, richest, or most pure, but I have a brain and lungs and I will speak when I know things arent right.

</rant >

"my secret arsenal is an infinite ageless inkwell.....
its a fountain of youth
and a patriots weapon of choice...."

Last edited by Mike621; 03-24-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Move Then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621
Because the military is such a great thing....Guns..bombs... woo... yeah ....Its a ****ing power trip for guys who have nothing.

Im embarrassed to call myself an American these days. "
I have a very simple solution for you. Move north of the border and you will fit right in and won't have to worry about all the things you hate about this country.

I am biased about the military of course, but I consider them heroes, particularly the enlisted men/women, that preserve our freedom and our way of life. It might surprise you that most serve out of a deep sense of patriotism.

If you need a map north, I will be happy to provide you one.

Lee

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE--to be redundant--FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!!!
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Certified Porschephile

I always chuckle at those that walk a road of freedom, yet mock those that died paving it. You are a loser. What is great about the United States, unlike others, is that the draft is gone, so you have a CHOICE of weather you want to serve or not. If you are a peaceful kiss the mugger who stabbed you kind of person, you can opt out. If you like what America stands for, you can take an active role in preserving it, it's your choice. There's that word again. Oh, and if you look at the programs supported by both major American parties, it's the Democrats that emphisize more Governmental control over your life, and more of your money going to help people too dumb or lazy to work for themselves.

My view of protestors is this, don't you have something better to do today? Since most of my contact comes from telling these people to act like mature humans, I guess I'm slanted in a way. But I think it's OK to not like something, but holding up pictures of aborted fetuses and shoving them in the faces of 10 year olds passing by serves no purpose. Get a life.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Why call me a loser? I dont understand. I didnt criticize the fight for freedom. I am just wondering why our people are dying in a now pointless military effort and waste of money. I am entitled to my opinion, thanks to enlisted men who fought for a JUST CAUSE. This war now however is pointless. Im sure all the people out there want to come back and this whole bull**** regime to over with, just as much as I do.

Why attack me personally? Its my right to hold an opinion.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:31 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Blah, I hate arguing over bullcrap...
Old 03-24-2006, 09:57 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
It's getting a little out of hand in here.....I thought we were here to talk about some bush!, not the one with the funny smirk and the ears. That being said....I really love bush
Old 03-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
You are a loser.
Quote:
Since most of my contact comes from telling these people to act like mature humans, I guess I'm slanted in a way.

Yeah, no need for an improvement in maturity here...
Old 03-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I have a very simple solution for you. Move north of the border and you will fit right in and won't have to worry about all the things you hate about this country.

I am biased about the military of course, but I consider them heroes, particularly the enlisted men/women, that preserve our freedom and our way of life. It might surprise you that most serve out of a deep sense of patriotism.

If you need a map north, I will be happy to provide you one.

Lee

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE--to be redundant--FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!!!
Hey! I resent that! (a fight without me in it? impossible! )

Err... perhaps you mean he should go all the way north, over the pole, and end up in Russia? Yeah.... I'm sure that's what you meant....

Last edited by Bipa; 03-24-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Certified Porschephile

The loser comment was in regards to saying the military is for people who are in need of a power trip because they have nothing. While there are exceptions, people I have meet in the military are of a far higher caliber then those I have met without the experience. As far as the protestor comment, have you even seen these people in person? Up close? Requiring them to act mature is a valid point. Must be a nice view in the bleachers.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Supports the military? How?

Like this? http://www.obleek.com/iraq/

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-24-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Im sure all the people out there want to come back and this whole bull**** regime to over with, just as much as I do.
You are wrong. I am over here right now. over 50% of the Servicemembers serving in the unit with me fought to get here. Of the other 50%, 40% of them are happy to be here. The other 10% have a variety of personbnel issues or are just losers. That leave 90% wanting to be here. SO as I as. You are wrong.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:

Its a ****ing power trip for guys who have nothing.
That was kind of mean Mike. I was never on a power trip , I was Navy. We just wanted to play.

The rest of the post I agree with. Thanks for standing up.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-24-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
The loser comment was in regards to saying the military is for people who are in need of a power trip because they have nothing.
BTW, thank's for calling me a loser. I hold you in the same regard as those worthless pseudo American's that derated and mistreated our Vietnam vets when they returned.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Certified Porschephile

Uh, Andy, I was the one defending the military from Mike's comment. Re-read that one.